Okay. Now I'm worried.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay. Now I'm worried.

Oakland won today, and I'm eating that up. But now we've fallen out of the top 3 in April. Why does that worry me? Two words:

Al Davis.

The worst GM in football just had a gimme draft pulled out from under him.

In all likelihood, Chris Long, Glenn Dorsey, and Darren McFadden will be off the board when we pick. As draft picks go, I really felt secure in the idea that we'd land one of these 3 and that all 3 were relative sure things. Emphasis on "relative", of course.

Now we're in a position where the upper tier of prospects is gone and we have to rely on Davis to pick a "yes" out of a bucketful of "maybes". That rarely ends well for us.

Under saner circumstances, I would handle this pretty well. I mean, we're still looking at a possible pick of the litter with regards to this year's OT class. Sedrick Ellis should be there. I could handle this.

But...

Al's a dummy, and dummies do dumb sh/t. Al will probably pass on the above players for the talented underachiever Calais Campbell. In Oakland, that type of player is a guaranteed bust.

There's also DeSean Jackson. We need a WR. Jackson is probably at the top of the class. But I'd really hate to burn a top 10 pick on him. That would hurt my heart.

And, since this is Al Davis we're talking about, I have to keep an eye out for a DB. With Stuart Schwiegert on his way out, Kenny Phillips becomes a real possibility. He's a good player, but we already have an undersized safety in Huff. We need a big banger now to take over at SS if we elect to move Huff to free.

There's just so many things that can go wrong now that seemed unlikely before. I'm quite afraid of another Davis Draft setting us back once again.

team forums?

Comment

Al Davis makes the draft so much more fun to watch.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Sedrick Ellis, Jake Long

DESEAN JACKSON you know Al loves his athletes
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Campbell and Ellis are better prospects than Long & Dorsey. Keep your sanity and remain optimistic, your team should save money and still get a great player.

Kenny Phillips isn't undersized, but he's not a big banger. He is, however, a sure tackler and that's equally as valuable. He would be a solid selection for your defense as well.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

[QUOTE=etk;746891]Campbell and Ellis are better prospects than Long & Dorsey.

They are?

Comment

Will he take Jake Long or be afraid of taking Robert Gallery all over again?

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                They are?
                Yes, according to my opinion. There is such a thing called diversity, you know that right.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
                  Yes, according to my opinion. There is such a thing called diversity, you know that right.

I'm all for the 1st ammendment bro.

Comment

I still wouldn't mind Sedrick Ellis, Kenny Phillips, or maybe someone like Otah. That said, if Oakland finishes 3-13 (they have a ridiculously hard schedule ahead of them), they probably still have a shot at sneaking into the top 3.

Comment

im realy sacred that if Long,Dorsey,McFadden and Long are gone that Davis would get a woodie for Desean Jackson..

Calais Campbell and Sedrick Ellis would be good picks for the raiders if the big 4 is gone..
                      Derrick Morgan > All

Comment

Originally posted by Crow View Post
                        Oakland won today, and I'm eating that up. But now we've fallen out of the top 3 in April. Why does that worry me? Two words:

Al Davis.

The worst GM in football just had a gimme draft pulled out from under him.

In all likelihood, Chris Long, Glenn Dorsey, and Darren McFadden will be off the board when we pick. As draft picks go, I really felt secure in the idea that we'd land one of these 3 and that all 3 were relative sure things. Emphasis on "relative", of course.

Now we're in a position where the upper tier of prospects is gone and we have to rely on Davis to pick a "yes" out of a bucketful of "maybes". That rarely ends well for us.

Under saner circumstances, I would handle this pretty well. I mean, we're still looking at a possible pick of the litter with regards to this year's OT class. Sedrick Ellis should be there. I could handle this.

But...

Al's a dummy, and dummies do dumb sh/t. Al will probably pass on the above players for the talented underachiever Calais Campbell. In Oakland, that type of player is a guaranteed bust.

There's also DeSean Jackson. We need a WR. Jackson is probably at the top of the class. But I'd really hate to burn a top 10 pick on him. That would hurt my heart.

And, since this is Al Davis we're talking about, I have to keep an eye out for a DB. With Stuart Schwiegert on his way out, Kenny Phillips becomes a real possibility. He's a good player, but we already have an undersized safety in Huff. We need a big banger now to take over at SS if we elect to move Huff to free.

There's just so many things that can go wrong now that seemed unlikely before. I'm quite afraid of another Davis Draft setting us back once again.

dude that is so sooo weak that your worried about your team winning... That you want them to have a top 3 pick. That you root for them to lose. Ohh man

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                          Al Davis makes the draft so much more fun to watch.

I want to draft ... get off my lawn, you damn kids!
                          Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Like Moonduck said the raiders have a tough schedule. The 2nd hardest from here on out.

I wouldn't mind Phillips or Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                              dude that is so sooo weak that your worried about your team winning... That you want them to have a top 3 pick. That you root for them to lose. Ohh man

Would you rather have a 6-10 or 7-9 team and miss the playoffs, or go 3-13 and get one of the top players in the country.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information