Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Tebow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Tim Tebow

    I know he isn't in this class and in all probability not next years either but can you guys please help me and break down his NFL prospects for me since my friend won't listen to me. I keep saying he is not a top NFL prospect and am having no impact on him, a little help and i may actually not have to kill him for annoying me.

    Sig thanks to VLS

    My BC Iggles. (13-4)

  • #2
    Originally posted by FlutiesDropKick View Post
    I know he isn't in this class and in all probability not next years either but can you guys please help me and break down his NFL prospects for me since my friend won't listen to me. I keep saying he is not a top NFL prospect and am having no impact on him, a little help and i may actually not have to kill him for annoying me.
    Your friend is right and you are wrong. Tebow may or may not be in the 09 draft but he is every bit the prospect that Vince Young was out of Texas, both guys are big and strong, can buy a new set of downs with their legs and throw well enough to find open receivers. You just dont pass on guys with this kind of ability to play football even if sometimes it doesnt look like a work of art. My guess is he does come out in 09 and probably is the 1st or 2nd Qb taken (along with Matthew Stafford). Take your buddy out for dinner for doubting him.

    Comment


    • #3
      Tebow is a beast and will be the 1st QB taken in a couple of years, he has a cannon for an arm and Bo Jacksons legs

      Comment


      • #4
        He certainly has all the physical tools but you have to be weary of the system he plays in.

        Comment


        • #5
          His mechanics are spotty and his accuracy, while generally good, is not what you'd look for in a first rounder. The system he plays in and the talent that surrounds him creates questions as well, namely his decision-making in a pro-style offense and maybe his field vision. He routinely has wide open receivers too, but if it works for Brohm and he's a first rounder there's no reason Tebow can't be. His release is reminiscent of Byron Leftwich. I think he's sort of spoiled because all he does after a snap is take a lunge forward and he creates his own one-man play action, which won't work in the pros. With all that said, at this point the only other player who might be a comparable prospect in terms of NFL future is Matt Stafford. He will be a major factor in next year's draft or the one after, make no mistake about it.

          Comment


          • #6
            I said this before but come draft time he will be ripped on because of the system he comes from and come next year Alex Smith (who came from the exact same system, and is a very similar prospect) will be viewed as a big bust.

            He is a tremendous physical specimen but he's going to have to prove himself outside of that system like many QBs these days.

            Comment


            • #7
              Alex Smith doesn't have near the arm, nor the physical size and strength of Tebow... there, in my mind, is no comparison.


              Sig by me... Hold the applause.

              Comment


              • #8
                Tebow runs the spread more like Texas did with Young a lot of 3 way options and allowing people to make plays in space, i think that is the best comparison for him

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                  Tebow runs the spread more like Texas did with Young a lot of 3 way options and allowing people to make plays in space, i think that is the best comparison for him
                  Young didn't have guys like Percy Harvin and Urban Meyer around him, though.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Tim Tebow is god!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Ten posts and no pics of Tebow's girlfriend?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        He needs to work on that slow release of his, and lets see how he does without the system and players around him on a terrible team in the nfl. i doubt he does much until he works on the release
                        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by KILLERSANTA View Post
                          Tim Tebow is god!
                          Tim Tebow makes god look like a giant babysitter playing The Sims.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Race for the Heisman View Post
                            His mechanics are spotty and his accuracy, while generally good, is not what you'd look for in a first rounder. The system he plays in and the talent that surrounds him creates questions as well, namely his decision-making in a pro-style offense and maybe his field vision. He routinely has wide open receivers too, but if it works for Brohm and he's a first rounder there's no reason Tebow can't be. His release is reminiscent of Byron Leftwich. I think he's sort of spoiled because all he does after a snap is take a lunge forward and he creates his own one-man play action, which won't work in the pros. With all that said, at this point the only other player who might be a comparable prospect in terms of NFL future is Matt Stafford. He will be a major factor in next year's draft or the one after, make no mistake about it.
                            QFT

                            He is putting up godly numbers but watching him you can see plenty of flaws that he will have to fix or pay the consequences.

                            This may not be the popular belief but based on potential I would rather take Jake Locker.
                            Originally posted by STARHEATHER
                            the only hot actreeses are adult
                            Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                            players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
                            Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
                              Young didn't have guys like Percy Harvin and Urban Meyer around him, though.
                              you're saying Texas had a lack of talent around Vince Young? What?


                              Sig by me... Hold the applause.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information