Pat Sims DT Auburn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat Sims DT Auburn

Junior prospect really impressed me with his play against Alabama. Consistently makes plays behind the LOS. 6'4/316/4.92

Anyone have any thoughts on this player? Seems really athletic. Combine warrior? Could he surpass Sedrick Ellis and be the #2 DT drafted if he commits to this draft?

Definately one of the top junior DT. Can play the nose if need be, which can only improve his stock. listed at 6'4 312lbs. im not sure about combine warrior though. Highly recruited out of High School. Has had issues in the past with motivation and his reaction to being pushed by Auburn's coaching staff (he left the team).

However since he asked to come back his effort has seemed to of improved
    Last edited by Stufazz; 11-26-2007, 09:26 AM.

Hitman D for the sweet sig

Comment

Resident Auburn fan here, I really doubt that Pat Sims will come out this year (in fact I'll go out and say he wont). Providing he stays he should be a near lock as a first day pick next year. He isn't a freak athletically but given his great size he is pretty athletic and can rush the passer/get penetration.

He has really matured and grown into a leader, like mentioned by Stufazz, he left the team and quit football because he was home sick and unmotivated. After he realized he made a mistake he was granted re-entry and was BURIED in the doghouse. He had to outwork everyone just to get back into the playing rotation and has since then grown into one of the leaders of the team.

Auburn's D-Line is going to be sick BTW. Sen'Derrick Marks probably has even more potential than Sims. If Marks moves back inside to DT next year (his natural position) I'd seriously doubt that there will be a better interior combination. Add super-sleeper Antonio Coleman (who has pretty much been a terror this season leading the team in sacks even though he's spent half the season as a backup) and a few other DE's who should be ready to contribute including 5-star JUCO Raven Gray.

Comment

Originally posted by metafour View Post
        Resident Auburn fan here, I really doubt that Pat Sims will come out this year (in fact I'll go out and say he wont). Providing he stays he should be a near lock as a first day pick next year. He isn't a freak athletically but given his great size he is pretty athletic and can rush the passer/get penetration.

He has really matured and grown into a leader, like mentioned by Stufazz, he left the team and quit football because he was home sick and unmotivated. After he realized he made a mistake he was granted re-entry and was BURIED in the doghouse. He had to outwork everyone just to get back into the playing rotation and has since then grown into one of the leaders of the team.

Auburn's D-Line is going to be sick BTW. Sen'Derrick Marks probably has even more potential than Sims. If Marks moves back inside to DT next year (his natural position) I'd seriously doubt that there will be a better interior combination. Add super-sleeper Antonio Coleman (who has pretty much been a terror this season leading the team in sacks even though he's spent half the season as a backup) and a few other DE's who should be ready to contribute including 5-star JUCO Raven Gray.
        Exactly the response I was looking for thanks a lot.

Comment

Considering his measureables and size, I don't think it's out of the question that Sims would be a 1st rounder if he declared his year. I've currently got he and Moore and my 3rd defensive tackles, both of which could make a push for the late 1st.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            Considering his measureables and size, I don't think it's out of the question that Sims would be a 1st rounder if he declared his year. I've currently got he and Moore and my 3rd defensive tackles, both of which could make a push for the late 1st.
            What's holding him back from being a high-mid first round pick?

Comment

Originally posted by BucSappy View Post
              What's holding him back from being a high-mid first round pick?
              I would personally say production, and the leaving the team incident of course.

That said, these are only my rankings. It only takes one team and with his times and size I could see someone biting.

He's very similar to Justin Harrell actually, who went higher than almost anyone expected.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

depending on how he works out his stock can soar, he has enough tape out there where he looks very,very good which could justify a high selection.

Comment

He got a mid 2nd round to late 2nd round assessment from the NFL advisory committee. I'd say any junior assessed as a 2nd rounder has a legitimate shot at getting to round 1 with a solid post season but he's not going top 10 or anywhere close. Juniors have the most to gain from the combine as the scouts get a look at them beside a senior prospect. That's when the scouts are better able to assess their ceiling even though they may not be as finished as the seniors.
                  And proud of it!!!

Comment

Believe it or not, I think the Jaguars might be interested in him as a first-round prospect.

I think they're souring on Stroud.

Comment

The more, the merrier. C'mon, DLs.

Comment

I'd be pretty ecstatic if we got him in the 3rd. Even second round I wouldn't mind.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Good fit for the Falcons.
                          Virginia Tech.
                          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
                            Believe it or not, I think the Jaguars might be interested in him as a first-round prospect.

I think they're souring on Stroud.
                            If Jacksonville were to deal Stroud, what do you think they'd want for him?

I heard that Sims is a good fit for the cover-2. Is this true?

Originally Posted by scottyboy
                            my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                            But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by Bills2083 View Post
                              If Jacksonville were to deal Stroud, what do you think they'd want for him?

I heard that Sims is a good fit for the cover-2. Is this true?
                              Would he be a good fit for the Bills? Possibly in the 1st round?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information