Tyson Jackson

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyson Jackson

What are you views on this guy? Will he come out this year and what are his strengths and weaknesses? He seems like a bit of a beast - does he have any speed though? Are all his sacks bull rushes?

Hes quite underrated for my money. I think him being on the line made it easier for Dorsey to get so much recognition the last few years (although I think Dorsey is a legitimate beast =p)

Hes not much of a speed rusher though, from what it seems. Very strong and smart though, runs through a lot of blocks. I love that he gets his hands up every play too. I think he might have more pass deflections than sacks.

I love him. Hopefully he doesn't come out early since LSU will really need him next year.

Comment

IMO, he's an average DE prospect. Gets attention for being on LSU's team, but he doesn't separate himself from others in year's past. I just think he's another one of those guys benefiting from playing in a big time program who won't amount to anything beyond average in the NFL. But who knows.. I could be dead wrong. If Lawrence Jackson is on the board, he's a far superior DE prospect imo.

Comment

His quickness and athleticism are very underrated. He's not a true speed rusher or edge rusher, but he has good pass rush instincts in reading off the blocker and attacking the QB. He forces a lot of bad decisions and throws and bats a lot of balls. If he got a bit stronger he could be a dominant 3-4 end.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
          His quickness and athleticism are very underrated. He's not a true speed rusher or edge rusher, but he has good pass rush instincts in reading off the blocker and attacking the QB. He forces a lot of bad decisions and throws and bats a lot of balls. If he got a bit stronger he could be a dominant 3-4 end.
          I think playing next to Dorsey and gang has paid dividends for him.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            I think playing next to Dorsey and gang has paid dividends for him.
            LOL. I see it as vice versa: Dorsey playing next to Jackson and gang has paid dividends for him. I've seen Dorsey make a few "big plays" when Jackson rushed the QB out of the pocket and into his arms.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
              LOL. I see it as vice versa: Dorsey playing next to Jackson and gang has paid dividends for him. I've seen Dorsey make a few "big plays" when Jackson rushed the QB out of the pocket and into his arms.
              I have seen the same thing. Ever since toonster (i think it was him) had him going to the jets in one of his mocks, I watched him quite closely. He is extremely disruptive and has good speed for his size. Plays well against the run and Always has his hands in the air. He is a good athlete for his size and for some reason i always thought of him as a more polished Ikaka Ilama Francis. But i definately like him as a future 3-4 DE.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

I bet he goes into the draft. He could be a great 3-4 DE weighing 289. He's got some speed for his big self :). I could see him late 1rst in the draft. Where would you guys predict him to go?

Sig by BoneKrusher
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

Comment

He has been invisible this year, probably one of the most overrated players in the country right now. His last couple games he as seemed to come around a little bit, but has still been underachieving.

I was high on him coming into the year as a potential suitor for 3-4 DE, but right now i am not sure i would spend a 1st day pick on him. He gets pushed around waaaay to much for a DE his size, and sometimes a TE!!!! neutralizes him.

However, he is athletic and has a great frame, but i am starting to think he is just a pass rusher with a big body as apposed to a DE/DT tweener. Shaun Ellis esque....

If i were him i would stay for another year and get his production up and be the force he was as a soph. Right now he would be drafted entirely on his sophmore year and workouts alone. Lots of potential, first round potential infact, but the way he has played this year i don't think i would take him before round 3.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information