Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DT Frank Okam

Where do y'all see him getting drafted?
    DT Frank Okam from Texas has a huge frame. I think he struggles with leverage sometimes, but I still think he gets drafted in the bottom of the 1st round or the 2nd round.

your name says it all.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.

Comment

terrible leverage, bad motor, HIGHLY overrated. Feel sorry for anyone who drafts him before Dre Moore.

Comment

Originally posted by furiousgod View Post
        terrible leverage, bad motor, HIGHLY overrated. Feel sorry for anyone who drafts him before Dre Moore.
        So in your opinion, you think he'd be drafted in the 3rd-6th rnd. ???

Not saying your wrong, just looking for unbiased opinions. Thanks for your input.

Comment

This guy, like you say, has a good frame and should be pretty strong. He really has very good tools to succeed at a very good DT. The only problem is that other posters are right when they state that he just doesn't get the concept of leverage and he doesn't have a very good motor. Fix his leverage and his motor might be improved merely because he will actually be doing something instead wasting effort pushing straight against offensive linemen. At this point I might take him in the 4th round as a project because of his tools, but I personally don't think he can do very well in the NFL until someone fixes his technique and leverage.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

i think he is a first round draft pick based off of size and a 3-4th based off of everything else.

Comment

From what I've seen of him this season, I think 2nd Round is his best case scenario.

Comment

Originally posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
                From what I've seen of him this season, I think 2nd Round is his best case scenario.
                i agree, do you think a 3-4 team drafts him? i would be really suprised considering his skill set right now.

Comment

i agree, do you think a 3-4 team drafts him? i would be really suprised considering his skill set right now.
                  With his skillset you would think he would best fit maybe even as a DE in 3-4, but with his problems with leverage that is in question...

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

I was heard a Texas fan talking about Okam today saying that he thought Okam lacked the passion for the game and wouldn't be around the NFL for long.

I disagree. He has his shortcoming, but I think the team that drafts him can help him fix his techniques and hone his skills more so he could have a good career.

I think the combine will be key for Big Frank. If he shows up out of shape, I think he will slide big time. If he can show up in shape and tests well, I still think he goes in the late 1s or early 2nd round.

Comment

Originally posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
                      With his skillset you would think he would best fit maybe even as a DE in 3-4, but with his problems with leverage that is in question...

i was just thinking with his leverage problems persisting he will never be able to play two gaps, but i do agree if he gets all that stuff sorted out he would be more suited for the 3-4, but right now i believe he has a much higher chance at being succesfull at the 4-3 personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Homer View Post
                        I was heard a Texas fan talking about Okam today saying that he thought Okam lacked the passion for the game and wouldn't be around the NFL for long.

I disagree. He has his shortcoming, but I think the team that drafts him can help him fix his techniques and hone his skills more so he could have a good career.

I think the combine will be key for Big Frank. If he shows up out of shape, I think he will slide big time. If he can show up in shape and tests well, I still think he goes in the late 1s or early 2nd round.
                        Combine is going to be key, yes, but just as importantly if not more will be his Senior Bowl practices. In those one-on-one drills and the practices, he has a chance to show he can play and do what he needs to do. If he does that he could be the biggest riser of the draft. If he doesn't, he could fall to 4th or 5th round status.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

i was just thinking with his leverage problems persisting he will never be able to play two gaps, but i do agree if he gets all that stuff sorted out he would be more suited for the 3-4, but right now i believe he has a much higher chance at being succesfull at the 4-3 personally.
                          I think you hit the nail on the head right there. I would probably agree with everything that you said.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

couldnt agree more. Okam played horribly during the Holiday bowl and most of Texas' biggest defensive plays were made when Okam was on the sidelines!

Comment

He played horrible?? what game did you watch...there wasnt anyone on the Texas defensive line that played horrible, they blew ASU offensive line off the ball the entire game, please elaborate on how he played horrible as id love 2 hear it

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information