Colt Brennan and James Hardy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt Brennan and James Hardy

Are these guys both projected for the first round? I'm a HUGE fan of both, but I've been kind of out of the loop this year in who's being deemed "good enough" or "ready" for the NFL. For instance, I've always thought Colt was the best QB this season by FAR, but apparently he's the 5th best QB prospect?

And as far as Hardy goes, I go to IU so obviously I love the dude. How's he being projected? First? Second?

Basically, any kind of fill-in on these two guys would be great.
    Last edited by frisby213; 12-08-2007, 07:39 PM.

I have both in my top-32, but most people probably don't have Brennan in there. He's the #4 QB for me, but could be #2 or 3 by the end of the workouts and all that (in my opinion), although I don't think he climbs above #4 for anyone else. People just think he's a system quarterback, so that's that. As far as Hardy, it really depends on his forty-yard dash time (whether fairly or not.) He'll be a first rounder if he runs a 4.6 or so, and second round pick if he runs lower than that, I think. He would probably benefit from staying in school if Bennett/Jackson/Kelly all declare.

Comment

Thanks for the input!

Why do you - and for that matter, pretty much everyone - consider CB to be the 4th or 5th best prospect? I don't see why people like Matt Ryan or Brian Brohm over him...
      Last edited by frisby213; 12-08-2007, 07:36 PM.

Comment

James Hardy is God. That is all.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway View Post
          James Hardy is God. That is all.
          F*** ya, man. It'd be sweet if the Colts got him somehow...>_>

Comment

Originally posted by frisby213 View Post
            Thanks for the input!

Why do you - and for that matter, pretty much everyone - consider CB to be the 4th or 5th best prospect? I don't see why people like Matt Ryan or Chase Daniel over him...
            Man, that question right there has given way to countless of threads and debates haha. The biggest knock on colt right now is the fact that he plays in june jones' offense, which by spreading the ball out to numerous recievers makes the reads that colt will have to make that much easier. So, one thing is tough to evaluate him on is how he'd handle running a conventional NFL offense and making reads on the fly. He won't have the option of have 4 or 5 recievers to spread the defense and help make his quick reads. That and there havn't been many success stories of QBs coming out of that system and playing particularly well in the NFL. He definately can make all the throws, and he has showed some good poise. I personally just like the guy and hope that he will succeed.

As far as James Hardy, I think it all depends on his forty and who else declares. If a lot of the juniors declare, he could find himself in the middle of round 2. He has great size, excellent at running routes, good body control and good hands. He won't be someone who is going to get a ton of seperation becuase of quickness (because as being 6'7 he isn't going to have the quick strides like a steve smith) but he makes up for that in crisp routes. I hope he performs well at the combine, becuase if he can stay healthy he'll have the ability to be quite productive in the NFL. Basically, anyone whos that tall, can jump that high and has hands like he does...well, i think most people would want him on their team.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

James Hardy is a stud.

Comment

ive got hardy at #2 for wrs

1. Malcom Kelly
                2. James Hardy

With that being said he could drop a couple slots after the combine or stay there depending on how he does in his agility runs.

Comment

I dont think either are 1sts but could both be good players, to me there are usually about 15-20 consensus players and then about 30 that could go anywhere after that, these two may fall into that latter category.

Comment

Hardy is a physical freak at 6'7 who has had a great year. If he can run a sub 4.6 he could be the first WR off the board.

Comment

Seriously, if a couple of the underclassmen declare (namely Kelly and Hardy), the top of the draft will be full of massive WRs because on top of them you will have Sweed and Bowman. There are some seriously tall guys eligible for the draft this year.

Oldie but a goodie.

Comment

Colt Brennan = Tony Romo

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                          Colt Brennan = Slightly Poor Man's Tony Romo
                          Fixed that for ya...

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
                            Fixed that for ya...
                            Who are you?

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              Who are you?
                              It's WAY too early to say Brennan is on par with Romo, they're similar style guys, but Brennan has a ways to go before he's up to Romo's level.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information