Best Center Prospects?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Center Prospects?

A position that doesn't get a lot of pub but C's are largely considered the leaders of the O-line.

Just wanted to get your guys takes on who's the best C prospect this year. And where their stock is at this moment.

Originally posted by Wide Right View Post
    A position that doesn't get a lot of pub but C's are largely considered the leaders of the O-line.

Just wanted to get your guys takes on who's the best C prospect this year. And where their stock is at this moment.
    i would say Alex Mack but he wont go to the draft as a Jr.

Comment

Andre Caldwell will be a prospect to watch next year.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

I heard he was considering coming out.

That is correct comahan
        I ******* LOVE YOU DG
        <3 dg

Comment

this years senior class at center is fairly weak so if alex mack declares hes easily the top guy and possibly a first day pick.

Comment

Originally posted by draftguru151 View Post
            I heard he was considering coming out.
            my friends brother plays for CAL and says DeSean is gonna be gone but Mack's the kind of guy who really likes school, he said he would be shocked if he left early

Comment

Max Unger, if he declares... can play C or shift over to tackle or even guard.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Comment

what do you guys think of Fernando Velasco at OC? IMO he the most underrated OC in the draft.

Comment

i like velasco as well. mobile and can run block.

Comment

I've heard that Mack was coming out two from several sources. He could very well be the #1 center were he to declare, so that might be enough motivation.

Comment

Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
                      Andre Caldwell will be a prospect to watch next year.
                      Antoine Caldwell? He is a really good prospect but going up against Alex Mack and Max Unger will hurt his stock. Especially since they have an advantage in size. Oddly enough C like RB, WR, CB and S actually has better prospects as underclassmen. I think Mack, Unger and Caldwell are all better than the senior prospects available.

For the senior prospects, Scott has Adam Spieker ranked #9 but IMO he is the best C available. Strong as a bull, can pass block and run block, good size, very experienced and nasty. His achilles heel right now is penalties, if he cuts down on penalties he could be a good pro.

Steve Justice is also a good one and whenever I watch Wake play he stands out for his ability to neutralize defenders (fantastic at sealing). But his size and limited measurables will probably hold him back.

Mike Pollak is my #3 center. He's very powerful and technically sound.
                      10 Favourite prospects for 2010: Colt McCoy, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Noel Devine, Ndamukong Suh, Greg Hardy, Eric Norwood, Travis Lewis, Eric Berry, Trevard Lindley

Comment

Honestly, who cares?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

The best center in College football is Kris O'Dowd of USC but he's a Fr.

I think a guy that would make a great converted G-> C would be Jeremy Perry of Oregon State. at 6'2 315.. he has a great hand punch and explosive off the snap.

I doubt he declares, but if he does, he'd certainly be my top C candidate.

as for Sr's.. I think the best personally is Mike Pollak of ASU with Fernando Velasco behind him. Someone is going to get a steal in Velasco.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
                            Honestly, who cares?
                            I don't know, I think that center is a pretty undervalued position. I wouldn't consider any offensive line position other than LT to be that much more valuable than center.

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                              I don't know, I think that center is a pretty undervalued position. I wouldn't consider any offensive line position other than LT to be that much more valuable than center.
                              Yeah..

finding a Center that can handle a 3-4 NT one on one, or fight off 2 guys is rare and those guys can make a world of difference on an offensive line..

Man I miss Dermonti Dawson.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information