Colt Brennan Scouting Report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colt Brennan Scouting Report

It's the day D-Unit has been waiting for...

I just posted by scouting report on Colt Brennan, you can link to it via the main page:

Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Nice work as always Scott. Nailed the scouting report IMO.

Comment

Great work. I liked it quite a bit. I think a lot of Brennan's character concerns have been addressed, at least in my mind, but I feel like it was well noted.

Woohoo! Here's to many more, Scott!
      (shameless self-promotion)
      Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
      https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Isn't age also a concern? How old will he be when the draft comes anyway?

Originally posted by Halsey
        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
          Isn't age also a concern? How old will he be when the draft comes anyway?
          24 during the draft, and 25 when the 2008-2009 season starts. A little older then your usual prospect, but not John Beck old.

Comment

I guess how I can see how some who don't know him and only have an outsiders opinion may think he still has character concerns. Colt's not afraid of owning up to his mistakes, in fact he never turns down opportunities when asked to speak in front of troubled kids. But there should be no concerns for NFL teams if they are worried about getting a guy who doesn't have his priorities straight. The fact that he turned down the NFL last year knowingly turning down first round money, showed me that he's the type of guy who understands respect. For returning the favor to June Jones for giving him a second chance to succeed. For returning to his teammates who pleaded for his return. For returning to the people of the state of Hawaii who absolutely love him and needed him to return to take the program to the exact place where he has taken us. He's fulfilled all hopes and dreams for all of us already. It doesn't matter what happens from here on out, he's made all of us proud. If his character concerns are still a worry for someone, that person is simply overly paranoid. It should be a non-issue, but no doubt, this scouting process will keep it fresh in everyone's minds. 4 years ago and people still won't get over it. I'm not one to hold something against a guy for very long, but I guess it's fair that people do that to him. He did do it, but I just think it has nothing to do with anything to do with football and the type of player he will be. People live and learn. Colt has shown maturity in getting past this and he should not be labeled a "Character concern".

Comment

Well said, D-Unit. I don't think anyone could have said it better.

It's not really a concern for me either. He seems to be really good guy, from what I've seen. I don't know what it is about Brennan, but when I watched him play last year there was just something about his play that allured me to think this guy had it in him to be a good NFL QB - despite playing in a pass happy offense.

His release, while unorthodox, seems pretty effective. It's not like any side arm I've ever seen. It's not like Vince Young's in regard it's a heavy wrist motion that comes out just near the shoulder, it's more of an out stretched arm that seems to release below the forehead area.

Personally, I fully expect him to be a starter some point in his NFL career. If not I suspect he'll be a top tier back up.
              (shameless self-promotion)
              Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
              https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

Personally, I hope he goes to a team that is not in dire need of a QB next year. Not only does it mean he should have a better supporting cast around him, but he'll be given the time to adjust slowly. A year and a half to two years sitting, learning, spot playing would his best case scenario.

Comment

Disagree DUnit

A first round selection was far from assured last year.

And if I were paying millions of dollars to someone to be the "Face" of my franchise I would have concerns about his character.

IMO Scott nailed it by saying: "At this point there are still more questions than answers with this guy, which makes him an awfully risky prospect."

Comment

BYU and Houston have histories of producing system QB's, were Beck and Kolb system QB's.
                    ALso did BYU have a system when Young was there, he turned out okay. I think. I think that if Brennan gets a year or two to sit he'll be just fine.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

While I don't think the character concerns are a huge deal anymore, of course they are going to be brought up. When you plan on making an investment that could be 20 million or upwards, you are going to exhaust all options to make sure it won't blow up in your face. How many years removed is he from high school? Six? There are definitely more questions than answers with Brennan.
                      Last edited by Jughead10; 12-11-2007, 08:08 AM.

Comment

the chick he fondled probably wanted it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by drowe View Post
                          the chick he fondled probably wanted it anyway.
                          I agree. I bet he dropped the "I was Matt Leinart's backup in high school" line on her.

Comment

I think the game vs Georgia as well as his Senior Bowl preformance will be vital.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                              I think the game vs Georgia as well as his Senior Bowl preformance will be vital.
                              Hawaii who put up 49 points on UNLV has a batter ranked pass defense then Georgia so I dont see Colt having any problem hanging 40 plus points on Georgia.
                              Originally posted by nvot9
                              I'm going to personally PM you when the Mets win the NL East and the Phillies don't even make the playoffs.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
                              Indianapolis Colts 13-3
                              Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
                              Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
                              Coach Bob Huggins 10-2

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information