Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Scott what do you think the Falcons will do now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Scott what do you think the Falcons will do now?

With Booby Petrino running off to Arkansas, I seriously doubt Atlanta takes a realistic look at Brohm now. One of the main reason's everyone has him in their mock is because Petrino coached him, and he already knows Petrino's system. Now that it looks like Atlanta will not be running that system, who would be a good candidate? I know whoever they hire as a HC could dictate the direction they go in, but do you think they will give Jake Long a fair shake?

I still think Mcfadden he makes you a better team right away and a position of need (26th). He also gives you a face of the franchise and helps sell tickets something that is lacking. I'm not scott, but thats my 2 cents

Comment

Originally posted by georgiafan View Post
      I still think Mcfadden he makes you a better team right away and a position of need (26th). He also gives you a face of the franchise and helps sell tickets something that is lacking. I'm not scott, but thats my 2 cents
      That's the same logic used to explain why Houston should select Bush 1st a couple years ago.

I think they have to take a QB.

Comment

It depends on the coach. I think they could go Jake Long then get a Qb later. June Jones, ATL, Colt Brennan! ZOMGZ im smart
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I'd imagine QB still is at the top of the list. They did cycle through 3 QB's this year. That said, very much depends on where they pick and who the coach is.

Comment

If I'm a Falcons fan, I hope they don't dump taking the best player available to instead force the issue of taking a quarterback they think will be their franchise signal-caller for desperate want of one, but Blank's comments on Monday night indicate that they will be taking a quarterback no matter what. Which doesn't entirely surprise me, I think Blank's meddling in the football affairs have hurt this team and this is just another scenario for his decisions/demands to bear rotten fruit.

Learn from the San Francisco 49ers, don't take a (questionable) quarterback when you've got a number of needs elsewhere and I'm looking at improving my team through at least two years' worth, maybe three years' worth, of the NFL Draft. Yeah, it worked for Manning and the Colts, but that's Peyton Manning and the Colts' coaching staff who helped engineer the greatest turnaround in league history from 3-13 in 1998 (Manning's rookie year) to 13-3 in 1999.

If I'm the Falcons, my focus is on improving the offensive line and defensive line first and foremost at the top of the first round. Those guys can contribute from day one and set up success for skill position players now and future. But that's me (and I've never liked the Jamaal Anderson pick of last year, so take that for what it's worth, I guess).
            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

i'd have to agree with taking jake long if he's there. their o-line has been awful this year between injuries and the scheme change, but i still believe taking a franchsie tackle would be best. get him in there, and get him seasoned. then, if none of these qb's they have do well enough in the new coach's scheme, then go in and get a qb. at least in that case a rookie qb won't stunt his development by scrambling for his life every play.
              Let's get it done Spaziani.

Belichick might be an a-hole... but I'd rather have an a-hole that wins than one that doesn't.

Comment

i really cant see them not taking a QB. they brought in a guy who sold insurance to play quarterback for them on monday night. nothing changes there without a proper signal caller.

Comment

I think youre right. Jake long would make more sense but with the loss of vick need a replacement for the fans and quick.

Comment

OT is a major problem as the falcons haven't had a good LT in about 2 decades. The falcons have said they will sit a rookie QB for a year and that sounds good. But I'm not sure if there is a QB on the roster worthy of being backup much less a starter. Even if the falcons trade for someone like Mcnabb he isn't going to succed until they have a HB and a OL.

Comment

OT is a major problem as the falcons haven't had a good LT in about 2 decades. The falcons have said they will sit a rookie QB for a year and that sounds good. But I'm not sure if there is a QB on the roster worthy of being backup much less a starter. Even if the falcons trade for someone like Mcnabb he isn't going to succed until they have a HB and a OL.

Jerious Norwood I think could be an exceptional RB. Maybe not everydown though. He and McFadden would be a dynamic duo though.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                        If I'm a Falcons fan, I hope they don't dump taking the best player available to instead force the issue of taking a quarterback they think will be their franchise signal-caller for desperate want of one, but Blank's comments on Monday night indicate that they will be taking a quarterback no matter what. Which doesn't entirely surprise me, I think Blank's meddling in the football affairs have hurt this team and this is just another scenario for his decisions/demands to bear rotten fruit.

Learn from the San Francisco 49ers, don't take a (questionable) quarterback when you've got a number of needs elsewhere and I'm looking at improving my team through at least two years' worth, maybe three years' worth, of the NFL Draft. Yeah, it worked for Manning and the Colts, but that's Peyton Manning and the Colts' coaching staff who helped engineer the greatest turnaround in league history from 3-13 in 1998 (Manning's rookie year) to 13-3 in 1999.

If I'm the Falcons, my focus is on improving the offensive line and defensive line first and foremost at the top of the first round. Those guys can contribute from day one and set up success for skill position players now and future. But that's me (and I've never liked the Jamaal Anderson pick of last year, so take that for what it's worth, I guess).
                        Exactly. It's pointless to draft a QB in the first round unless your certain he's gonna be your guy for years to come.

They should just look to strengthen up there O-Line and D-Line in this draft, and they should sign a veteran QB and play him until they feel there's a top notch QB they can draft.

Comment

What makes Jake Long less of a risk than Brian Brohm? Because they lost their coach they're not going to draft a possible franchise QB? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me seeing as noone knows how that Falcons organization feels about Brohm. I think it goes McFadden(BPA), Brohm, then LOng.
                          Jamaal Charles is the best RB in the NFL

Comment

Matt Ryan. I think Brohm will be the 3rd QB taken in the draft this year, upside is the name of the game.

Comment

If you have watched the Falcons this year you will know that McFadden will not be able to do anything behind our offensive line. The team is down to the skin on their teeth right now all across the line. We cannot run the ball, and if the current QB does not get rid of the ball as soon as he finishes his drop he will be sacked instantly. He might even get sacked before he finishes it.

We need to rebuild the offensive line before we think about getting a talent like McFadden. He will not be able to be successful with the crap we have now. Jake Long in the first, with the possibility of trading up for one of the big 3 that falls would be fine with me.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information