My WR rankings thus far

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My WR rankings thus far

This is just a first list for me at WR...Juniors are listed at the bottom...Players in bold are who I have as a first round prospects, the 2nd group is rounds 2-3...3rd group are 4th-5th rounders...4th group are 6-7th round prospects, and the remaining are undrafteds..More or less grouped by the numbers as far as rounds 4-7 go..

WIDE RECIEVERS
    Jordy Nelson Kansas State
    Harry Douglas Louisville

-
    Donnie Avery Houston
    Early Doucet LSU
    Adarius Bowman Oklahoma State
    Jabari Arthur Akron
    Steve Johnson Kentucky
    D.J. Hall Alabama
    Keenan Burton Kentucky
    Andre Caldwell Florida
    Kenny Moore Wake Forest
    Lavelle Hawkins California
    Limas Sweed Texas
    Rasheed Rancher Massachusetts
    Dorien Bryant Purdue
    -
    Sammie Stroughter Oregon State
    Darius Reynaud West Virginia
    Eddie Royal Virginia Tech
    Will Franklin Missouri
    Maurice Purify Nebraska
    Dexter Jackson Appalachian State
    Marcus Smith New Mexico
    Marcus Monk Arkansas
    Todd Blythe Iowa State
    Rudy Burgess Arizona State
    Taj Smith Syracuse
    Jerome Simpson Coast Carolina
    -
    Almonzo Banks West Liberty State
    Jason Rivers Hawaii
    Danny Amendola Texas Tech
    Tremayne Kirkland Portland State
    Ernie Wheelwright Minnesota
    DeCody Fagg Florida State
    Paul Hubbard Wisconsin
    Marcus Henry Kansas
    Darrell Blackman NC State
    Brett Swain San Diego State
    Josh Morgan Virginia Tech
    Justin Harper Virginia Tech
    Jason English Tuskegee
    Mark Bradford Stanford
    Zack Sledge SMU
    Billy Pittman Texas
    Kevin Robinson Utah State
    ---
    Jaymar Johnson Jackson State
    Nate Jones Texas
    Travis Brown New Mexico
    Michael Bumpus Washington State
    Brandon Jackson North Texas
    Damon Morton Colorado State
    Lance Leggett Miami FL
    Brandon Breazall UCLA
    Anthony Russo Washington
    Marcel Reece Washington
    Joseph West UTEP
    Edward Williams Lane
    Keith Brown Alabama
    Robert Jordan California
    Evan Moore Stanford
    Shaheer McBride Delaware State
    Amarri Jackson South Florida
    Jeremy Trimble Army
    Tony Burks Mississippi State
    Cameron Colvin Oregon
    Darnell Jenkins Miami FL
    Bruce Hocker Duquesne
    Luke Swan Wisconsin
    Mikey Henderson Georgia
    J.J Moore Massachusetts
    Clyde Edwards Grambling State

JUNIORS
    DeSean Jackson California
    Earl Bennett Vanderbilt
    Malcolm Kelly Oklahoma
    Mario Manningham Michigan

Mario Urrutia Louisville
    Darius Heyward-Bey Maryland
    Adrian Arrington Michigan
    James Hardy Indiana
    Davone Bess Hawaii
    Devin Thomas Michigan State
    Ryan Grice-Mullen Hawaii
    Last edited by Travis 24; 12-14-2007, 06:23 PM.

jordy nelson is to good for just bold.

also if harry douglas is a #1 rounder ill film a video of someone taking a poop on my chest, and call it 1guy1harrydouglas. but he wont be one

Comment

I can tell you this. I'm glad someone has come to their senses about Sweed. This guy is not going to be a top WR in the league. He has below average speed so I think he will have trouble getting seperation in the NFL.

I think the surprise beast will be Bowman. This guy is a physical specimine. He really reminds me physically of Terrell Owens. Maybe not as much straight line speed as TO, but he is a very physical guy that will not get overpowered.
      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Taj Smith is staying at Syracuse - he's got 2 more years of eligibility actually. He probably will only stay for 1 though.

Comment

I'm torn on the Bennet/Jackson issue. I think it depends on what a team wants. As a Vandy fan, I obviously like Earl a lot, but Desean is lightning fast and could open up on offense and play ST.

Comment

I'm not sold on Nelson or Douglas being 1st rounders. Douglas doesn't have enough size to even smell round 1 and Nelson will have to show that he has 1st round speed.
            Doucet is the top senior WR. He was injured most of the year but if he times well, he could go pretty high in round 1.
            Bowman and D.J. Hall have serious potential but they will also have to time well and even then round 2 is far more likely.
            Among the juniors Kelly has the size of a 1st rounder and I suspect the speed as well. Jackson is awfully small for a NFL WR and it could send him to round 2. Bennett is a sleeper who could surprise at the combine, he'll have to if he wants to be drafted high .
            James Hardy has a shot at round 1 but again must show he has the speed to be effective in the NFL.
            It's a pretty mediocre crop with only Doucet/Kelly assured of probably being 1st rounders unless 1 or 2 really surprise at the combine.
            And proud of it!!!

Comment

I don't really see the buzz about doucet, but I definitly think Kelly, Bowman and Nelson could/should be first rounders because of size, speed and production. All three are big recievers who who should in the 4.5s or better (before I get one of these nelson 4.6 comments, he should run much better at the combine, he was hurt for that time and he has run a 100 meter dash time similar to reggie bush..that should be enough to sell his speed)..I think douglas could end up being as good as a 4th rounder, but i really don't expect him to BE a 1st rounder.

Comment

Nelson is too low.

That is correct comahan
                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by nhlkdog411 View Post
                  I don't really see the buzz about doucet, but I definitly think Kelly, Bowman and Nelson could/should be first rounders because of size, speed and production. All three are big recievers who who should in the 4.5s or better (before I get one of these nelson 4.6 comments, he should run much better at the combine, he was hurt for that time and he has run a 100 meter dash time similar to reggie bush..that should be enough to sell his speed)..I think douglas could end up being as good as a 4th rounder, but i really don't expect him to BE a 1st rounder.
                  Yeah, I see Doucet as an early 2nd round pick. Maybe someone takes him early like the Chargers took Craig Davis last year.

I think Malcolm Kelly edges out, just barely, DeSean Jackson for the #1 WR of this class. It probably depends on the Combine to seal the deal or not, but I like Kelly that much that I think he and Jackson are battling for first receiver off the board.

(Obviously, you know, assuming both guys declare this year.)
                  Last edited by Geo; 12-13-2007, 03:12 PM.
                  Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

My first round wide receivers in alphabetical order;

Desean Jackson(helped by return skills)
                    Malcolm Kelley
                    Jordy Nelson

Unlike i think 6 last year this year will yield a lot more second round picks for receivers.

Comment

As far as your junior rankings go I think Bess and Grice-Mullen are a little too high. They're both smaller recievers and pad their stats due to the system they play in, Grice-Mullen in particular doesn't even seem that fast to me.

Juniors I would rank above them include Brian Robiskie (Ohio State), Kenny McKinley (South Carolina), Brandon Gibson (Washington State) Aaron Kelly (Clemson), and Tiquan Underwood (Rutgers).
                      10 Favourite prospects for 2010: Colt McCoy, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Noel Devine, Ndamukong Suh, Greg Hardy, Eric Norwood, Travis Lewis, Eric Berry, Trevard Lindley

Comment

Just to let you know, Adrian Arrington is a RS Junior.

My Top Ten Draft Eligible
                        1. Malcolm Kelly, Oklahoma
                        2. DeSean Jackson, California
                        3. Earl Bennett, Vanderbilt
                        4. James Hardy, Indiana
                        5. Adarius Bowman, Oklahoma State
                        6. D.J. Hall, Alabama
                        7. Early Doucet, Louisiana State
                        8. Jordy Nelson, Kansas State
                        9. Donnie Avery, Houston
                        10. Keenan Burton, Kentucky

Just Missed: Limas Sweed, Texas; Lavelle Hawkins, California; Harry Douglas, Louisville

Comment

James Hardy should be higher.

Comment

whys arrington there?
                            I'm a state.

Comment

Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                              I can tell you this. I'm glad someone has come to their senses about Sweed. This guy is not going to be a top WR in the league. He has below average speed so I think he will have trouble getting seperation in the NFL.

I think the surprise beast will be Bowman. This guy is a physical specimine. He really reminds me physically of Terrell Owens. Maybe not as much straight line speed as TO, but he is a very physical guy that will not get overpowered.
                              I agree 100%. Good post.

Good rankings Travis but the Nelson lovefest just has to continue, doesn't it?

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information