Top 5 Tailbacks in this years draft?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 5 Tailbacks in this years draft?

who and in what order would you place the 5 best tailbacks available in this years draft?

Mcfadden
    Stewart
    Felix Jones
    Mendenhall
    Ray Rice

Comment

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ad.php?t=15165

Similar thread here, chums. Check it out.
      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Im just curious as to what kind of prospects you guys think Chauncey Washington (USC), Brandon Ore (VT) and Steve Slaton (WVU) are where in the draft they will go?

Comment

Originally posted by TouchdownUSC View Post
          Im just curious as to what kind of prospects you guys think Chauncey Washington (USC), Brandon Ore (VT) and Steve Slaton (WVU) are where in the draft they will go?
          Why didn't you just say so.

Slaton is a weapon. He has better size then some of the other small guys that have come out (Wolf, Sproles). He will be an excellent 3rd down option till he can prove that he can do the little things like pass pro and run inbetween the tackles. He has home run speed, can stop on a dime and really knows how to run in the open field. Sometimes he seems to struggle

Brandon Ore. I've seen him play once this year and he looked terrible. He didn't hit the hole with authority, didn't make the first guy miss and didn't read the holes well. Holes closed up on and he didn't break outside or look for a cutback. I hear he was better last year... but maybe it was just the game I watched.

Chauncey Washington seems like a back with legit talent but an inability to consistently show up. The thing that irks me about him is that he is a big back but doesn't always run downhill. When he gets going downhill he is a load. He has choppy footwork and he hasn't impressed me with any receiving skills whatsoever. He is pretty one dimensional right now and is probably a late 1st day pick unless he has a gaudy 40 time.

If you are looking for midround guys (I am guessing because you have Ore and Washington, Slaton is probably a late 1st/early second because of his big play ability) I would go for someone like Justin Forsett. He is an excellent 3rd down back who has the ability to become an every down back further down the road. He has good vision, runs with excellent power in the middle, is a great receiver out of the backfield and has homerun speed. Comparing him to other Pac-10 backs who came out, he is like Justin Fargas but more versatile and better lateral agility.

Comment

wvu's line sucked this year; thats why slatons numbers are way down

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

1. Darren McFadden
              2. Jonathan Stewart
              3. Rashard Mendenhall
              4. Felix Jones
              5. Steve Slaton

Comment

Umm... Kevin Smith?

Hes in the top 5... if not the top 3...

Comment

Originally posted by FinNasty View Post
                  Umm... Kevin Smith?

Hes in the top 5... if not the top 3...
                  He may move up to #4 but I can't see him surpassing Stewart or Mendenhall despite his freakish production. But who knows, if he does good at the combine he could be a 1st round lock.

Comment

1. McFadden
                    2a. Smith
                    2b. Stewart
                    4. Mendenhall
                    5. Felix Jones

Comment

1. McFadden
                      2. Mendenhall
                      3. Stewart
                      4. Jones
                      5. Charles

Yeah, so what? I like Jamaal Charles.

Comment

Mcfadden
                        Stewart
                        Mendenhall
                        Jones
                        Rice

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
                          He may move up to #4 but I can't see him surpassing Stewart or Mendenhall despite his freakish production. But who knows, if he does good at the combine he could be a 1st round lock.
                          Smith is the biggest lock to be successful on the next level. Thats because of all the different traits of a RB, 24k has the best vision in this years class. And that is absolutly no knock on some of the other RBs in this class, who have great vision themselves. There are others who have a higher ceiling though (like McFadden/Stewart).

But vision is the skill that translates best in the pros... and Smith has the best vision in the class.

That makes him worthy to be in the top 5, IMO.

It really isnt his freakish production that should raise his stock... except if he runs all over Miss State (who held McFadden to 88 yards). I will be the first to admit that Smith's production is a little inflated due to some of his opponents. The numbers create hype... but its the game film on him that will raise his stock with scouts. Watching the little things like pass protection, hands, ability to make defenders miss, leg drive, or that he doesnt fumble.

He has played against some weak opponents... but hes doing what a truely great player should do against weak defenses... he is blowing them out of the water.
                          Last edited by FinNasty; 12-13-2007, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FinNasty View Post
                            Smith is the biggest lock to be successful on the next level. Thats because of all the different traits of a RB, 24k has the best vision in this years class. And that is absolutly no knock on some of the other RBs in this class, who have great vision themselves.

But vision is the skill that translates best in the pros... and Smith has the best vision in the class.

That makes him worthy to be in the top 5, IMO.

It really isnt his freakish production that raises his stock... except if he runs all over Miss State (who held McFadden to 88 yards). I will be the first to admit that Smith's production is a little inflated. The numbers create hype... but its the game film on him that will raise his stock with scouts. Watching the little things like pass protection, hands, ability to make defenders miss, leg drive, or that he doesnt fumble.

He has played against some weak opponents... but hes doing what a great player should do against weak defenses... blowing them out of the water.
                            I think Kevin Smith is a big risk. His speed is definitely an issue versus NFL Defenses, he'll either need to bulk up or do great in the agility drills to be a Late 1st - Early 2nd Guy. I do like his vision though.

Comment

Run DMC
                              Stewart
                              Mendenhall
                              Jones
                              Rice

Forte > Smith :p

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information