Dan Conner vs. James Laurinitis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dan Conner vs. James Laurinitis

Is Dan Conner more of an inside linebacker or would he be more suitable for outside? He kind of has the frame, size, and speed to play both positions so I was wondering which one he'd be more productive at.

Also, how does he compare to James Laurinitis at ILB? What's Conner better at than Laurinitis and vise versa.
    Last edited by diabsoule; 12-13-2007, 05:55 PM.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
    Is Dan Conner more of an inside linebacker or would he be more suitable for outside? He kind of has the frame, size, and speed to play both positions so I was wondering which one he'd be more productive at.

I think he'll play MIKE in a 4-3 just like Posluszny for the Bills.

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
      can play all three positions imo...
      Now the only ones I take are the ones that I wear
      Ain't takin no shorts no more

Comment

Can he play in a 3-4 ?

#MoncriefArmy

Comment

As I've said numerous times before, I believe that Connor is at his best when playing MLB.

He has the speed to play in the OLB, but it's his ability to fight through blockers that makes him a great prospect. And he IS a great prospect.

I honestly believe that he doesn't have a clear-cut weakness in his game.

Comment

Originally posted by Wo_oT88 View Post
            Can he play in a 3-4 ?
            Yes, as a MLB.

Comment

I like him best as a 4-3 MLB, but he can probably play 4-3 SLB & WLB very well too. I also think he has the potential to be a great 3-4 MLB and SLB. Connor is a great LB prospect, I would love for the Patriots to snatch him or Laurinaitis.

Comment

connor isnt better then laurinatis, i can tell you that...he isnt as fast, tenacious, or as good in coverage. However, he does get off of blocks better and he may have slightly better instincts then James. In the end, Id definately give the nod to Laurinatis, but not by too too much. Laurinatis is probably a top 10 pick while Connor is more in that 10-15 range. In perspective, I had Laurinatis to the Eagles at 9 and Connor to the Saints in my recent mock.
                Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                The APS is strong in this one.
                Originally posted by killxswitch
                Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                  connor isnt better then laurinatis, i can tell you that...he isnt as fast, tenacious, or as good in coverage. However, he does get off of blocks better and he may have slightly better instincts then James. In the end, Id definately give the nod to Laurinatis, but not by too too much. Laurinatis is probably a top 10 pick while Connor is more in that 10-15 range. In perspective, I had Laurinatis to the Eagles at 9 and Connor to the Saints in my recent mock.
                  Gotta question whether Lauranaitis is faster than Connor, i'll go out on a limb and say he isnt. Both are instinctive, both are probably better suited to playing inside although Connor would probably do well as an olb in a 4-3. Personally i dont like getting into the whole 3-4, 4-3, cover 2, Tampa 2.......thing, guys can play they find a spot for them and defenses change all the time, dont like all that "where can he play" talk.

Comment

Connor showed up in big games. Laurinaitis didn't. That says a lot.

Based on numbers, Connor did a lot better in pass coverage than JL, too.

Connor does have a slight concern about a knee that had fluid buildup after several games this year.

Comment

Originally posted by underscore View Post
                      Connor showed up in big games. Laurinaitis didn't. That says a lot.

Based on numbers, Connor did a lot better in pass coverage than JL, too.

Connor does have a slight concern about a knee that had fluid buildup after several games this year.

I demand stats for proof.

Dan conner hasnt even played any big games.

Originally posted by mythbusta
                      i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
                      who dey?

Comment

Dan Connor is faster, James isnt very fast. Hes not close to the prospect AJ Hawk was a couple years ago.

But, I would still takes James. James is more instinctive. He doesnt get off blocks very well though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengals1690 View Post
                          I demand stats for proof.

Dan conner hasnt even played any big games.
                          Connor vs. OSU, UM:

27 tackles (11 solo), 2 TFL, 1 INT

Laurinaitis vs. PSU, UM:

8 tackles (2 solo), 0.5 TFL

Comment

Originally posted by underscore View Post
                            Connor vs. OSU, UM:

27 tackles (11 solo), 2 TFL, 1 INT

Laurinaitis vs. PSU, UM:

8 tackles (2 solo), 0.5 TFL
                            Connor didnt have 27, that's exaggerated by about 10 I believe. If I'm not mistaken, he has 18 tackles against OSU. Very good, yes... but you exaggerated it a lot. Plus, what happened to PSU in that "big game".. 37-17 OSU, correct? PSU's Defense was on the field more and OSU ran the ball more.
                            Last edited by ThePudge; 12-15-2007, 01:02 PM.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                            - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                            www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                              Connor didnt have 27, that's exaggerated by about 10 I believe. If I'm not mistaken, he has 18 tackles against OSU. Very good, yes... but you exaggerated it a lot. Plus, what happened to PSU in that "big game".. 37-17 OSU, correct? PSU's Defense was on the field more and OSU ran the ball more.
                              It's not comparing teams and who showed up and who didn't. It's about whose performance came through in big games and who had the bigger impact while on the field.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                              WHO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information