Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ranking the top 5 LT's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ranking the top 5 LT's

    Ok so who do you guys think will be the best LEFT TACKLES in order? As a Chiefs fan, my team is done for the year and LT is by far the biggest need.

    Keep in mind that underclassmen are in the mix too

    This is my opinion

    1.Jake Long Michigan
    2.Ryan Clady Boise State
    3.Sam Baker USC
    4.Michael Oher Ole Miss
    5.Phil Loadholt OU

    What do you guys think?


    JUST DRAFT A QB DAMNIT!!!

  • #2
    This will probably be moved to the 2008 NFL Draft Forum...


    Originally Posted by scottyboy
    my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
    But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

    Comment


    • #3
      Here is a breakdown

      First tier
      Jake Long LT ++ run blocker, can handle the bull rush, some trouble with speed rush but he is too big a guy to run around.
      Jeff Otah LT ++ run blocker, raw but potentially the best tackle in the draft
      Sam Baker LT ++ pass blocking OT a tactician tested and true, needs to add strength
      Ryan Clady LT ++ pass blocker, size to excel in the run game and long arms
      Michael Oher LT ++ run blocker, might switch to guard in the pros

      Second tier
      Alex Boone LT junior probably will stay in school with a loaded class coming out this year.
      Chris Williams LT A surprisingly versatile lineman with maybe the best feet in the draft
      Tony Hills LT a quality LT whose injury makes him hard to place. Broken leg may cause him to slip.

      Right tackle
      Kirk Barton You want maulers, we got 'em
      Gosder Cherilous A very good story and a superb RT
      Barry Richardson Questions about weight and conditioning but a real load. Hurt his draft stock by switching to LT and failing miserably
      Phil Loadholt Another massive tackle capable of making the leap, some see him at LT but I see him at RT
      Last edited by weasel; 12-14-2007, 11:22 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        I think Oher is a much better guard prospect so I rank the top 5 like this...

        1. Jake Long (safe pick)
        2. Phil Loadholt (Potential is through the roof)
        3. Sam Baker (When healthy, challenges Long for top spot)
        4. Ryan Clady (size, mobility, and strength combo probably the best of all 5)
        5. Jeff Otah (the enigma, not sold on him, but you can't ignore his size and is the real sleeper of them all)

        Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

        Comment


        • #5
          I'd put baker at the #2 spot
          APRIL MADNESS!!!! Everyone fill out their brackets!

          Comment


          • #6
            You guys are overrating Sam Baker; he's such a liability in the run game, and if he's at LT against top tier defensive ends then he may get dominated there too.......he's got bust written all over him


            Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

            Comment


            • #7
              Jake Long will probaly be gone by the time your Chiefs pick. But man if he fell to your team, that would be a huge pickup by you guys. You have like no young stud talent on your o-line.

              Comment


              • #8
                I don't think I've posted my rankings yet, here goes:
                1- Jake Long, Michigan
                2- Jeff Otah, Pittsburgh
                3- Chris Williams, Vanderbilt (don't overlook this guy, he's a great prospect too imo)
                4- Ryan Clady, Boise State (tad overrated for a while, I thought)
                5- Michael Oher, Mississippi
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

                Comment


                • #9
                  1. Ryan Clady
                  2. Sam Baker
                  3. Chris Williams
                  4. Tony Hills
                  5. Carl Nicks

                  Don't see the other players mentioned as LTs.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Jonny View Post
                    1. Ryan Clady
                    2. Sam Baker
                    3. Chris Williams
                    4. Tony Hills
                    5. Carl Nicks

                    Don't see the other players mentioned as LTs.
                    Jake Long would certainly be more dominant at RT, but he's also the best LT in this class.
                    I'm a state.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      why is michael oher seen as a guard? everyone says they see him as a guard but nobody gives a reason why.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        where do players from last years draft rank with these guys, people such as joe thomas, tony ugoh, and joe staley?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by weasel View Post
                          First tier
                          Jake Long LT ++ run blocker, can handle the bull rush, some trouble with speed rush but he is too big a guy to run around.
                          Jeff Otah LT ++ run blocker, raw but potentially the best tackle in the draft
                          Sam Baker LT ++ pass blocking OT a tactician tested and true, needs to add strength
                          Ryan Clady LT ++ pass blocker, size to excel in the run game and long arms
                          Michael Oher LT ++ run blocker, might switch to guard in the pros

                          Second tier
                          Alex Boone LT junior probably will stay in school with a loaded class coming out this year.
                          Chris Williams LT A surprisingly versatile lineman with maybe the best feet in the draft
                          Tony Hills LT a quality LT whose injury makes him hard to place. Broken leg may cause him to slip.

                          Right tackle
                          Kirk Barton You want maulers, we got 'em
                          Gosder Cherilous A very good story and a superb RT
                          Barry Richardson Questions about weight and conditioning but a real load. Hurt his draft stock by switching to LT and failing miserably
                          Phil Loadholt Another massive tackle capable of making the leap, some see him at LT but I see him at RT

                          Pretty decent overall analysis. If Boone declares I'm not sure yet about him as a LT but if he has the foot quickness required, he'll take a quantum leap up the charts. Williams may surprise people and go in round 1. This is not the draft where teams will let OT's pass them. I could see a lot of OT's going round 1. I could see Ryan Clady passing Baker in the draft. The school you play for isn't going to mean much come draft day.
                          And proud of it!!!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by rainbeaukid2 View Post
                            where do players from last years draft rank with these guys, people such as joe thomas, tony ugoh, and joe staley?

                            I doubt there is any debate that Joe Thomas would be #1, in fact some have tallked about Jake Long being somewhere between Thomas and Levi Brown. It would probably go;

                            Thomas
                            Long
                            Clady/Levi
                            then a group of Otah/Staley/Baker

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              If only Joe was in this draft. :'(

                              That is correct comahan
                              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                              <3 dg

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information