Quentin Groves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quentin Groves

Where do you guys see him going in the draft, and at which position (3-4 OLB or 4-3 DE) do you think he is a better fit for in the pros?

To me he's a 2nd rounder, maybe i still have Aundray Bruce on the brain.

Comment

i think a lot depends on his performances leading up to the draft. if he shows good enough speed and quickness, he could be a solid mid to late first round 34 OLB.

otherwise, look for him to drop to rounds 2 or 3 as a rotational 43 DE

Comment

If his drop in production is all due to his toe injuries, and doctors assure scouts that those toes will heal properly, I think he's a 1st round pick. If the toes are going to be a lingering issue, I think he's in trouble. I like him as a 4-3 SAM who puts his hand on the ground in nickle packages.

Comment

It all depends on how he works out. People say he's capable of some pretty eye-catching numbers, and if he manages to fulfill those expectation, we're looking at a guy who could rise up boards much like Manny Lawson did.

I'm not sure about him playing linebacker in a 4-3 as he looked pretty out of his comfort zone when Auburn gave him some snaps there. If he can come back and look decent in linebacker drills I might change my mind, but I'd look at him as a 3-4 rush backer first and a 4-3 defensive end second.

Comment

Groves would be an ideal fit as a 3-4 DE/OLB. He is very fast and excels at rushing the passer. He has struggled a bit as an OLB in a 4-3 but he is very raw at that position. His size/speed combo is amazing and with some good coaching at the next level he could be a very good 4-3 SLB. I think he is definitely too small to play DE in a 4-3. If he was picked by a 4-3, he could be a situational pass rusher.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
              Groves would be an ideal fit as a 3-4 DE/OLB. He is very fast and excels at rushing the passer. He has struggled a bit as an OLB in a 4-3 but he is very raw at that position. His size/speed combo is amazing and with some good coaching at the next level he could be a very good 4-3 SLB. I think he is definitely too small to play DE in a 4-3. If he was picked by a 4-3, he could be a situational pass rusher.
              He reminds me too much of Joey Porter when I watch him.

I think if he goes to a 3-4 team he's going to have Issues pass rushing in the pro's against better LT's. Not to mention he offers nothing in run support.

I think with his speed and some practice he could be a solid 3-4 OLB. I just don't like the idea of a 1-dimensional OLB in round 1. With guys like Derrick Harvey, Vernon Gholston likely coming out and some other guys like Chris Ellis... and possible guys declaring..

Phil Merling, Brian Orakpo, Matt Shaughnessy, etc. I don't think he has the attributes to be a round 1 3-4 OLB, but I do think he'd make an exceptional 4-3 SAM and Nickel Passrusher for a team like the Lions in round 2.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
                He reminds me too much of Joey Porter when I watch him.

I think if he goes to a 3-4 team he's going to have Issues pass rushing in the pro's against better LT's. Not to mention he offers nothing in run support.

I think with his speed and some practice he could be a solid 3-4 OLB. I just don't like the idea of a 1-dimensional OLB in round 1. With guys like Derrick Harvey, Vernon Gholston likely coming out and some other guys like Chris Ellis... and possible guys declaring..

Phil Merling, Brian Orakpo, Matt Shaughnessy, etc. I don't think he has the attributes to be a round 1 3-4 OLB, but I do think he'd make an exceptional 4-3 SAM and Nickel Passrusher for a team like the Lions in round 2.
                You like Merling as a 3-4 OLB? I can see him bulking up to play 3-4 DE, I love his skillset and think he could probably play either.

Comment

Originally posted by genom View Post
                  You like Merling as a 3-4 OLB? I can see him bulking up to play 3-4 DE, I love his skillset and think he could probably play either.
                  He'll probably run faster than some guys that they move to OLB. He's supposed to run on average a 4.72 40'. If he has a sub 5.00 3 cone and sub 7.00 shuttle, he will look like a very very good OLB prospect.

Gholston gets the publicity and it's deserved.. but I think if Merling ran that, and dropped about 10 lbs, down to 265-270 he would be a monster.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

I like Groves as an Adalius Thomas (in balti)/Julian Peterson esque player. In the sense that he is a LB that excells around the LOS but has the athleticsm to handle coverage and put his hand in the dirt on passing downs.

Teams like Minny, Seattle (Julian Peterson is near 30 right?), Cinci, Baltimore would be a good fit, IMO. I also feel he could accel in a 3-4 base.

DChess resizing inc.

Reality is relative.

We don't give a DAMN for the whole state of Michigan

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information