My top 175 prospects

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My top 175 prospects

Note: I included all draft eligible prospects, even though a few have stated their intentions to return to school.

Last edited by darnik44two; 01-27-2008, 05:03 AM.

141, there is no H in Leman

Paul

New York Giants
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks (unfortunately)
    UConn Basketball
    Virginia Tech Football
    UConn Football

Comment

Harris & Jackson ahead of Flowers, Ikegwuonu & Smith. I found that odd.

JORDY NELSONZ @ 143. HOW DAREZ UU? :O

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by etk View Post
        Harris & Jackson ahead of Flowers, Ikegwuonu & Smith. I found that odd.

JORDY NELSONZ @ 143. HOW DAREZ UU? :O
        Here's my assesment of the mentioned CB's...

First off all 5 you mentioned are very close. I'd venture to say the 32 NFL teams would be all over the place with ranking those 3. It would come down to what type of CB they are looking for.

-Flowers is a technically sound cover corner. Where he does stuggle slightly is with his ball skills. I see Harris as a slightly better prospect because of his playmaking ability even though Flowers gets the slight edge in man to man coverage.

-Victor Harris, as already mentioned he has a knack for making big plays. His value in the return game also helps him. He can also play safety, so he should be viewed as a valuble commodity by alot of NFL teams.

-Chevis Jackson to me is the most complete CB of the group. He's technically sound, experienced, good size, speed, etc., his biggest attribute to me is his physical style of play and run support. He's in my eyes the best tackler of the entire CB class, and that is part of playing CB unless your name is Deion Sanders.

-Jack Ikegwuonu to me probably has the most questionable character and least mental capacity of the mentioned CB's. That's really the only reason I have him where he is. Skill wise he's as good as any of them.

-Reggie Smith I feel is being a bit overated. Don't get me wrong, he can play but he's in kind of a wierd class. What I mean by that is if you look at him as a CB he is worth one thing (below the mentioned CB's), but a team viewing him as a S (especially with the weak safety class) he is worth more...if that makes any sense.

-Jordy Nelson, to be honest I haven't seen him a whole lot. I know is numbers are great, but I have to ask who did he play and how will he fair at the combine? The NFL wants to know what can you do, and could care less about what you have done.

Comment

-Jordy Nelson, to be honest I haven't seen him a whole lot. I know is numbers are great, but I have to ask who did he play and how will he fair at the combine? The NFL wants to know what can you do, and could care less about what you have done.

Aqib Talib? He completely owned him all game long, on basically any kind of route you can possibly run. He beat up Patrick Lee pretty badly...He had a decent game on Dwight Lowery...He shredded the Texas secondary, and special teams unit...He had a pretty good game against Colorado..He ripped Oklahoma State's secondary apart...He kicked Iowa State's ass..He beat Zach Bowman pretty badly...Then for the finale, killed Fresno State.

The competition factor is a non issue...he's faced tougher CB competition than any WR in the draft...and still put up far better numbers then all of them. Everyone knew he was getting the ball thrown his way 10+ times a game, and still can't stop him...lol....and 143rd is a freakin joke.

Leodis McKelvin should be a lot higher than 99th...Its probably because you havn't seen him though, and he plays for Troy so I really can't blame you...but he has been shutdown. I'd put him right up there with Mike Jenkins and Talib..if not higher.

Other than that, it looks good from a glance

Comment

Is there seriously no Ben Moffit on this list?

Comment

Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
              Is there seriously no Ben Moffit on this list?
              He doesn't do a whole lot for me. He'd be in the next 25, but as an NFL LB I see nothing all that special about him. I will say, I only saw 2 South Florida games this year (1 at a sports bar, so...), and my ranking probably show it.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis 24 View Post

Aqib Talib? He completely owned him all game long, on basically any kind of route you can possibly run. He beat up Patrick Lee pretty badly...He had a decent game on Dwight Lowery...He shredded the Texas secondary, and special teams unit...He had a pretty good game against Colorado..He ripped Oklahoma State's secondary apart...He kicked Iowa State's ass..He beat Zach Bowman pretty badly...Then for the finale, killed Fresno State.

The competition factor is a non issue...he's faced tougher CB competition than any WR in the draft...and still put up far better numbers then all of them. Everyone knew he was getting the ball thrown his way 10+ times a game, and still can't stop him...lol....and 143rd is a freakin joke.

Leodis McKelvin should be a lot higher than 99th...Its probably because you havn't seen him though, and he plays for Troy so I really can't blame you...but he has been shutdown. I'd put him right up there with Mike Jenkins and Talib..if not higher.

Other than that, it looks good from a glance
                Like I said, I haven't seen much of him so I can't justify a high ranking. McKelvin I've seen a few times, but when I was watching Troy I was more intersted in seeing Haugabook...

Comment

Owen Schmitt. Not Schmidt.

Comment

Originally posted by wvfan14 View Post
                    Owen Schmitt. Not Schmidt.
                    Thank You...

Comment

Jordy Nelson is about 142 spots too low. Better prospect than Calvin Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald combined if you ask me.

Comment

I have a challenge for you Darnik. I want you to make a thread that doesn't involve some graphic you made. It seems nearly impossible, I know, but if you really try, you can pull it off.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Comment

I think if you're going to add players like;

Brian Cushing
                          Erin Henderson
                          Alex Boone
                          Travis Beckum

then you're going to have to treat them like any underclassmen declaring and not just add them down the line somewhere. They should all be top 40 or 50 players in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway View Post
                            I have a challenge for you Darnik. I want you to make a thread that doesn't involve some graphic you made. It seems nearly impossible, I know, but if you really try, you can pull it off.
                            What's the difference? Isn't it better to look at? If you want accurate info. keep looking at mine...

Comment

Originally posted by cardsalltheway View Post
                              someones been drinkin the hater-ade

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information