Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

sounds good to me, good stuff

Comment

isnt it a little contradictory to call him a first round pick without the potential to be a franchise qb?

it seems like a QB ought to have that kind of potential to be in the mix for a top 5-10 pick

Comment

When I watch and read Matt Ryan I see a lot of Matt Hasselback. Both seem like gun slingers sometimes and also both are very passionate about the game of football. Also both went to BC. The biggest thing I see him being like Matt is his streaks of great throws, fast reads then his poorly thrown balls that were forced. I think in the right situation he can defiantly be a franchise guy just not Peyton or Tom.

That being said looks great Scott. Cant wait to read more of your reports in the future.
        Originally posted by STARHEATHER
        the only hot actreeses are adult
        Originally posted by A Perfect Score
        players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
        Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz

Comment

I agree with the scouting report and it screams bust. He extends plays without the ability to push the ball downfield. He also forces too many plays after extending them, resulting in interceptions. He also gets way too much credit for his performance against Virginia Tech. in the final two minutes, while he struggled for 58 minutes. He then was not clutch against Florida State or in the second Virginia Tech. game.

He's so overrated. He will only succeed in select situations.
          Virginia Tech.
          ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
            I agree with the scouting report and it screams bust. He extends plays without the ability to push the ball downfield. He also forces too many plays after extending them, resulting in interceptions. He also gets way too much credit for his performance against Virginia Tech. in the final two minutes, while he struggled for 58 minutes. He then was not clutch against Florida State or in the second Virginia Tech. game.

He's so overrated. He will only succeed in select situations.
            i agree. now is it just me or does it seem like ryan, along with brohm and woodson, are only the "elite 3 QB's" of this draft because there aren't any legitimate elite QB's like a vince young or eli manning (at the time)?

all three seem to scream bust...

Comment

I agree, in a good draft they all fall at best in the teens, most likely at the end of round 1. I like Brohm a bit though and feel he can succeed.
              Virginia Tech.
              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Best value for a QB this year based on draft projections is Colt Brennan who wouldnt cost you a first yet still has the same if not better potential than the supposed "3 Elite QBs."

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
                  Best value for a QB this year based on draft projections is Colt Brennan who wouldnt cost you a first yet still has the same if not better potential than the supposed "3 Elite QBs."
                  i know what you mean. i was going to say something to that effect in my earlier post.

of the elite 3 though, i think andre woodson might have the best shot if, for nothing else, his measureables.

but im not sure id like to see any of the three behind center for the bears...

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                    i agree. now is it just me or does it seem like ryan, along with brohm and woodson, are only the "elite 3 QB's" of this draft because there aren't any legitimate elite QB's like a vince young or eli manning (at the time)?

all three seem to scream bust...

that's why neither of em have the "elite prospect" tag.

Comment

Originally posted by soybean View Post
                      that's why neither of em have the "elite prospect" tag.
                      well youd have to think a quarterback being taken that early would have to qualify as "elite" to the team making the pick

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                        isnt it a little contradictory to call him a first round pick without the potential to be a franchise qb?

it seems like a QB ought to have that kind of potential to be in the mix for a top 5-10 pick
                        I agree, I don't see Matt Ryan as a Top 5 or 10 draft pick. In my mind he isn't in the same class as Brady Quinn was a year ago and is basically a poor-man's Matt Leinart. However, a lot of teams need quarterbacks and there isn't an "elite" signal caller available so just like in 2005 with Alex Smith guys are going to get pushed up.

It's still far from a sure-thing that Ryan will even be my #1 QB when all is said and done, I like Brohm a lot and Woodson has a big upside.
                        Scott Wright, President
                        Draft Countdown.com
                        www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

"Matty Ice"

wonder where he got that nickname from...

BTW Scott - are you going to mention how Ryan said he didn't want to play for Atlanta in his scouting report? That surely should be a red flag.

Comment

Originally posted by art vandelay View Post
                            BTW Scott - are you going to mention how Ryan said he didn't want to play for Atlanta in his scouting report? That surely should be a red flag.
                            I have still yet to see any evidence of this...
                            Scott Wright, President
                            Draft Countdown.com
                            www.draftcountdown.com

Comment

Originally posted by Primetime21 View Post
                              When I watch and read Matt Ryan I see a lot of Matt Hasselback. Both seem like gun slingers sometimes and also both are very passionate about the game of football. Also both went to BC. The biggest thing I see him being like Matt is his streaks of great throws, fast reads then his poorly thrown balls that were forced. I think in the right situation he can defiantly be a franchise guy just not Peyton or Tom.

That being said looks great Scott. Cant wait to read more of your reports in the future.
                              I made that comparison on JI a few months ago...I still like it.

Agree with this whole post. I also don't buy that he's as NFL ready as some seem to believe. He needs time to fill out his frame, and I think it could benefit his arm strength a little bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information