12/20 - Mock Draft Tweaked

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12/20 - Mock Draft Tweaked

Since the draft order changed right after I finished my last mock draft update I went through and tweaked it a little bit. In all I changed six picks, including four in the Top 7. All in all I am very happy with the changes and how it turned out.

You can link to it via the main page and feel free to discuss it in this thread.

Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Atlanta picked Matt Ryan while Jake Long was still on the board....WoW!!

Comment

I thought for sure with Parcells taking over the VP of the dolphins they'd be taking Chris Long. For some reason, I just see parcells loving this kid; he is a great evaluator for talent that's for sure.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

jake long dropping past the Ravens surprises me.

Comment

I could live with Rivers for the Broncos, but I'd be very disappointed if they pass on Phillips.

Laurinaitis at #5 seems like a reach. Pats could trade down and still get him. If not, they should take Jake Long who has no business falling that far. Maybe Gholston if he grades out as a top 5 pick.

Mike Jenkins being taken before Malcolm Jenkins? As prospects they're about equal, but Malcolm has the advantage of coming from a big-time program known for churning out CBs.
          Last edited by urinemonkey; 12-20-2007, 08:44 AM.

Comment

I'm not a fan of taking Limas Sweed in the first round if James Hardy is available. If DeSean, Hardy and Kelly are all off the board the best pick would be a middle linebacker or DE. Dan Connor or Derrick Harvey would both be better picks over Sweed.

Comment

Matt Ryan to Atlanta...BOOO

Comment

Still love the Raider pick. Hoping we make it and then pick up one of these big WRs in the second round.

Comment

I'm really falling out of favor with DeSean Jackson to the Eagles. I know he's a speedster and a good returner, but his receiving skills are very meh. He had only two 100 yard games and one of them was against a very mediocre UCLA team. He was shut down numerous times, including 4 catches for 5 yards against Oregon State, 4 for 31 against Washington, 3 for 39 against Arizona amongst other terrible games.

I know he's likely the best return man in the draft, but with guys like Malcolm Jenkins, Calais Campbell, Dan Connor and Sam Baker on the board, I highly doubt that Jackson would be the pick. He could be, but I just don't see it happening

Comment

Parcells won't go into the season depending on Beck to be his QB. He'll either bring in a veteran or draft Ryan who he has stated he likes a lot, so the #1 pick won't be decided until draft day itself.
                    I believe Gholston is too good for NE to pass at #5. I just think he will be a better pro than Laurinaitis.
                    I also think Scott is overrating the WR's available in this draft. I don't think more than 2 will make round 1. If Doucet times well and is completely healthy at the combine, he'll be the 1st WR drafted with Jackson being picked near the end of round 1. In the last 10 years there has never been a WR as small as Jackson who has been successful in the NFL. He will be lucky if he weighs in at 170lbs. at the combine. Sweed and Manningham are nice prospects but will have to really impress at the combine to go round 1 IMO.

I could really see Parcells trading out of the #1 pick. He's done it before when he was with the Jets and I could see him doing it again. He knows Miami needs a huge addition of talent to rebuild and will be looking for extra picks on draft day.
                    And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by iloxygenil View Post
                      Matt Ryan to Atlanta...BOOO

Exactly. Epsically with Long on the board.

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                        I'm really falling out of favor with DeSean Jackson to the Eagles. I know he's a speedster and a good returner, but his receiving skills are very meh. He had only two 100 yard games and one of them was against a very mediocre UCLA team. He was shut down numerous times, including 4 catches for 5 yards against Oregon State, 4 for 31 against Washington, 3 for 39 against Arizona amongst other terrible games.

I know he's likely the best return man in the draft, but with guys like Malcolm Jenkins, Calais Campbell, Dan Connor and Sam Baker on the board, I highly doubt that Jackson would be the pick. He could be, but I just don't see it happening
                        I agree completely. Philly won't take Jackson at #15 IMO. He is a huge question mark as a pro prospect and might well weigh in at under 170lbs.
                        And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
                          If Doucet times well and is completely healthy at the combine, he'll be the 1st WR drafted with Jackson being picked near the end of round 1.
                          I think Doucet might be the most overrated player in the draft. 9.5 ypc and he's supposed to be the #1 receiver?

Comment

Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                            Exactly. Epsically with Long on the board.
                            You really want Joey Harrington quarterbacking the team?

Comment

Originally posted by Ewing View Post
                              You really want Joey Harrington quarterbacking the team?
                              There ARE QBs available past the first round....And to be honest, I don't know if the difference between a guy like Brian Brohm and a Joe Flacco is THAT big that you'd feel compelled to pick a QB early.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information