Here it is!

Discuss the Southern Cal OT in this thread:
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

How much room on his frame do you think he has to go?

Because personally I think if he can't get much more weight added on, he might have a tough time in the nfl. 305 seems too small for a tackle

Comment

Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
      How much room on his frame do you think he has to go?

Because personally I think if he can't get much more weight added on, he might have a tough time in the nfl. 305 seems too small for a tackle
      Colledge is like 300 pounds and is a terrible OG, but many think he a better OT. He not going to out power you, but he will beat you with his speed and leverage. If he comes out at 6'3-6'2, he should move to OC.

Comment

Definitely agree with you on the polarizing aspect of Sam Baker. I personally feel that his footwork is so good that as long as he bulks up, he can be a franchise left tackle. I think he is better than Joe Thomas, but that is just my own opinion.

Originally posted by Halsey
        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

sounds a hell of a lot like Jordan Gross

Comment

Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
            sounds a hell of a lot like Jordan Gross
            Agree, or a younger John Tait meaning not spectacular but solid, probably a 10 year pro with a chance to make a pro bowl. He isnt Joe Thomas or Walter Jones thus he goes probably mid first but a class guy and a good football player.

Comment

Baker is a better run blocker than he gets credit for. I think it's probably the most underrated aspect of his game.

Comment

Is there a chance Baker will fall to the second round to the Falcons?

Comment

Originally posted by MLibid View Post
                  Depends on who out of loadholt, oher, clady, and boone declare

Comment

Even if those guys don't declare I think Baker could easily fall to the 2nd, even late 2nd or early third.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
                      Depends on who out of loadholt, oher, clady, and boone declare
                      That would imply he's not as good as those you mentioned, i disagree with that. And no he doesnt drop to the second if anyone actually knows what they're doing, this is a guy who was pretty much a top 10 pick before being injured this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                        That would imply he's not as good as those you mentioned, i disagree with that. And no he doesnt drop to the second if anyone actually knows what they're doing, this is a guy who was pretty much a top 10 pick before being injured this year.
                        Southern Cal Hype.... this guy is the most overrated TAckle in the entire draft

Comment

Originally posted by energizerbunny View Post
                          Southern Cal Hype.... this guy is the most overrated TAckle in the entire draft

The NFL is full of USC hyped players then. Like i said he was a consensus high pick and was injured, Dorsey played hurt too and wasnt as effective, let's downgrade him too using that logic.

Comment

dont you gys run more of a power scheme?cause if you dont Baker woudnt be that great of a pick for the falcons..
                            Derrick Morgan > All

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                              The NFL is full of USC hyped players then. Like i said he was a consensus high pick and was injured, Dorsey played hurt too and wasnt as effective, let's downgrade him too using that logic.
                              He didn't impress me before the injuries, i've watched this guy for 4 years.

As a freshman and Sophmore it was always "wow this guy is so good for being so young, he's going to be amazing when he gets older...."

but he never really took his game to that next level and is really a middle of the road type OTackle now. I find it hard to see him much more than guard or 6th olineman. With USC constantly nationally broadcasted I find it hard to believe more people don't feel the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information