Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Jenkins Scouting Report

Here it is!

Discuss the South Florida cornerback in this thread.
    Scott Wright, President
    Draft Countdown.com
    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

similar in many ways to Chris Houston, IMO.

Comment

I've watched him a few times this year, and I've been impressed. I think he could be a very good player on the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
        Do you think he's as raw as Chris Houston was considered when he came out?

Comment

Originally posted by genom View Post
          Do you think he's as raw as Chris Houston was considered when he came out?
          I think hes just as raw as Chris Houston coming out last year. Hes got too many parts to his game that hes gotta work on still including his run support most importantly and poor ball skills which takes a long time to adapt to in the pros. Nowhere near NFL-ready as the top corner Darrelle Revis of the past draft.

Comment

Originally posted by 619 View Post
            Ummm Chris Houston was known as an excellent defender against the run while Jenkins' scouting report says he is bad against the run

Comment

If he fell to the Steelers, they better grab him. He can always work on things as Tomlin will work with him to make him great.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
                If he fell to the Steelers, they better grab him. He can always work on things as Tomlin will work with him to make him great.
                No way either Jenkins falls into the 20s, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by ChargerCohen View Post
                  No way either Jenkins falls into the 20s, imo.
                  CBs live and die on the combine. If they run sub 4.4 they will fall below the 20s. If one of them runs faster than a 4.45 than they might be there.

Originally posted by Halsey
                  I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Im really starting to feel like he wont make it to Dallas cleveland pick the more I think about it, too bad the Browns had to keep winning...He still has some work to do to be an NFL ready db which is why I wanted us to take him, he can work in behind Newman and Henry...Its a deep db class but I like him the most

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
                      CBs live and die on the combine. If they run sub 4.4 they will fall below the 20s. If one of them runs faster than a 4.45 than they might be there.
                      Well if he falls, I will be sure to pick him up happily.

Comment

Hopefully he wears purple next year.

Comment

Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                          Im really starting to feel like he wont make it to Dallas cleveland pick the more I think about it, too bad the Browns had to keep winning...He still has some work to do to be an NFL ready db which is why I wanted us to take him, he can work in behind Newman and Henry...Its a deep db class but I like him the most
                          Why is CB a need for you guys? I thought Newman and Henry were considered one of the best CB tandems in the league, at least very serviceable.

Comment

Originally posted by genom View Post
                            Why is CB a need for you guys? I thought Newman and Henry were considered one of the best CB tandems in the league, at least very serviceable.
                            Its always nice to have a really good nickleback

Comment

I think you are a bit confused there. Sub 4.4 would be a good thing, meaning less than 4.4 and faster than a 4.45 would also be a good thing, meaning less than 4.45.

I like Jenkins, I think he can be a very good one, borderline shutdown. Don't need him with the Vikes, we already need to be moving Winfield to S if we are going to get our best team on the field.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information