Junior DTs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Junior DTs

Scott must not expect any of them to declare, as he doesn't list a single one. Which juniors are likely to declare and where do they stack up with the seniors?

Originally posted by Don Killuminati View Post
    Scott must not expect any of them to declare, as he doesn't list a single one. Which juniors are likely to declare and where do they stack up with the seniors?
    There really hasn't been much to indicate who would declare if at all, and it's questionable at this point in time if anyone would slot 3rd. It seems quite unlikely that anyone from the junior class would force their way into top 2, and I'm not sure someone would get past Kentwan Balmer, who a lot of people seem to love. All of them should stay. The best would probably be Pat Sims, who could perhaps garner a late 1st grade, at best, mid-first, IMO, and that's probably stretching it.

Comment

anyone got any info on fili moala?

Comment

Originally posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
        anyone got any info on fili moala?
        Pretty sure he put the paperwork in. He's a redshirt junior and he's 22 years old so it would probably be wise to go pro. Probably has the potential to get into round 2 if he does come out. Hard info i dont have.

Comment

Fili Moala is the only junior DT i'd expect to declare.

Other notable junior DTs are

Terrill Byrd Cincy
          Peria Jerry Ole Miss
          Pat Sims Auburn
          Terrence Taylor Michigan
          Roy Miller Texas
          Marlon Favorite LSU
          George Hypolite Colorado
          BJ Raji Boston College

Comment

Fili Moala, USC
            Pat Sims, Auburn
            Terrence Taylor, Michigan
            B.J. Raji, Boston College
            DeMonte Bolden, Tennessee

The only ones that come to mind, and I think all can play somewhere in the 3-4. Sims, Taylor, and Raji as NT's, and Moala and Bolden as DE's.
            Still Team The Ke$ha!!!

[@TDWinstead]
            Originally posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
            Damn Ke$ha is sexy.

Comment

Jeff Owens from Georgia is another good junior DT.

Comment

How does Fili Moala look as a 3-4 DE prospect?

Comment

Originally posted by genom View Post
                  How does Fili Moala look as a 3-4 DE prospect?
                  Like this:

Seriously though I think he could play end in a 3-4 but is a better prospect as a 4-3 tackle.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Killuminati View Post
                    When Scott lists juniors at this early stage, I don't think that it's a projection of who he thinks will declare it's more just the underclassmen at a particular position if they are among the best at that position. Right now none of the underclassmen DT seem to be capable of overtaking the top 3 DT (Dorsey, Ellis and Moore).

Demarcus Granger is a redshirt soph but is probably the best of the bunch, I don't think he's been mentioned yet.

35 tackles, 8.5 TFL and 3.5 sacks this year and he does a great job of occupying blockers.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m...emarcus00.html

I'm also high on Huskers DT Ndamukong Suh another redshirt soph, he's got good size and is athletic. This year he put up 34 tackles, 6 TFL and 1 sack but he's capable of much more. In 2006 he had 8 TFL and 3.5 sacks in a rotational role. He would be very unlikely to come out this year but is definitly a name to watch for in the future.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.d...&Q_SEASON=2008
                    10 Favourite prospects for 2010: Colt McCoy, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Noel Devine, Ndamukong Suh, Greg Hardy, Eric Norwood, Travis Lewis, Eric Berry, Trevard Lindley

Comment

Pat Sims has said he's staying. I believe it is in the Early Entries Thread.

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by AkiliSmith View Post
                        Like this:

Seriously though I think he could play end in a 3-4 but is a better prospect as a 4-3 tackle.

Definitely 4-3 tackle, i think he's solid but hard to tell if he's more than that, he had a ton of talent around him at USC which makes it hard to judge.

Comment

Taylor is coming out

Comment

Originally posted by goblue8888 View Post
                            Taylor is coming out
                            Got a source on this or are you just being Nostradamus

Comment

I'd like to see Demonte Bolden actually put together a good season before I put him on any top list. He's about as inconsistent as they come.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information