Scout connections?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scout connections?

Scott, was just curious if you got info from scouts that work dircetly with NFL teams? If so how many different ones or are they more "internet scouts"?

wouldn't scouts get info from scott?
    CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
    JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
      I would hope not...what NFL scout would take information from a .com website where you are free to post what you please.

Comment

Originally posted by jballa838 View Post
        I don't know if Scott has worked for teams or not. Some teams pay for outside info from independent scouts. I don't know why a scout himself would get info from some place like this though.

Comment

I am not going to sit here and claim I know hundreds of scouts and talk to them every day because that's just not the case. However I do know quite a few of them and obviously I have to keep who they are and who they work for confidential because their employers wouldn't appreciate them getting or sharing information with outside sources.

I've found that information is the most valuable asset in my line of business and scouts are definitely a piece of that.
          Scott Wright, President
          Draft Countdown.com
          www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
          www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Have you worked for any teams yourself or ever been contacted about possibly working for a team?

Comment

You like questions don't you?
              Virginia Tech.
              ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Actually, I am pretty damn curious as well. Me and my friend were just talking and he was just joking around and said "id let you take care of my franchise for sure.' After that, we talked about how one would go about being a scout or GM.

Can you give us a scouting 101?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

I remember Scott previously answering this question something along the lines of "I make more money running this website than I would as a low tier scout for an NFL organization"

Comment

Originally posted by SchizophrenicBatman View Post
                    I remember Scott previously answering this question something along the lines of "I make more money running this website than I would as a low tier scout for an NFL organization"
                    You got it. Now that I'm a millionaire or anything close to it but I'd still be raking a big pay cut to work for a pro team. Scouts are just not paid very well, especially when they are starting out. Oh, and they have to travel all year long and work crazy hours.

No thanks. :)
                    Scott Wright, President
                    Draft Countdown.com
                    www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
                    www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

At what level of pro scouting does the money get good?
                      Virginia Tech.
                      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
                        At what level of pro scouting does the money get good?
                        Probably when you are the director of scouting.

Comment

Originally posted by thule View Post
                          I would hope not...what NFL scout would take information from a .com website where you are free to post what you please.
                          i meant from him personally. 2 opinions are better than one.
                          CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                          JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

So Scott, how does one become a scout?

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                              You got it. Now that I'm a millionaire or anything close to it but I'd still be raking a big pay cut to work for a pro team. Scouts are just not paid very well, especially when they are starting out. Oh, and they have to travel all year long and work crazy hours.

No thanks. :)
                              Yeah, I've heard they don't get paid to great which is a shame.

Another curiousity question, with a site like this and you not charging for information, is advertising the only way to make money off of it or is there any other ways?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information