Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade up or trade down?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trade up or trade down?

    Just wanted to take a quick poll on who wants their team to trade up, who wants their team to trade down, and who wants their team to stay put?

  • #2
    Originally posted by finsfan4life View Post
    Just wanted to take a quick poll on who wants their team to trade up, who wants their team to trade down, and who wants their team to stay put?
    well you should have put a poll in

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
      well you should have put a poll in
      Yeah I tried to and it didn't work. We'll do it informally.

      Do you want your team to stay put, trade up, or trade down?

      Comment


      • #4
        well my team is picking at spot #2 so im find with the place there in

        Comment


        • #5
          Well, Ted Thompson has a history of trading down a lot and I don't think he's traded up once with Green Bay. It's worked out well for us in the past, but this draft, Green Bay has very few needs so I would be surprised to see us trade down very much. I wouldn't mind trading up some this year, but knowing TT, that's not very likely. I feel that in most occasions trading down is the better option, because you usually get a much better deal when you do so.

          Sig thanks to mockalicious

          Comment


          • #6
            I would look to trade down if I were New England, but only for future draft considerations. This is a fairly weak draft class, and New England doesn't have many open roster spots available anyways. It doesn't seem like Belichick is very willing to let young players come in and play linebacker for him, so any needs there would likely be addressed in free agency. I'm not saying he won't pick up some linebackers either late or as undrafted free agents (Corey Mays, Tully Banta-Cain, Jeremy Mincey, Pierre Woods, Eric Alexander, Oscar Lua, etc.) to work with, but I doubt he'd spend a high draft pick on one.

            Comment


            • #7
              Bengals - Trade up for Laurenitis maybe.
              Seahawks - Up for Stewart.
              CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.


              Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
              JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

              Comment


              • #8
                but in general i think the teams trading down are making the better deal.
                CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.


                Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Raiders-Stay..at 3 or 4..you got a chance to get McFadden or Jake Long
                  Derrick Morgan > All

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                    I would look to trade down if I were New England, but only for future draft considerations. This is a fairly weak draft class, and New England doesn't have many open roster spots available anyways. It doesn't seem like Belichick is very willing to let young players come in and play linebacker for him, so any needs there would likely be addressed in free agency. I'm not saying he won't pick up some linebackers either late or as undrafted free agents (Corey Mays, Tully Banta-Cain, Jeremy Mincey, Pierre Woods, Eric Alexander, Oscar Lua, etc.) to work with, but I doubt he'd spend a high draft pick on one.
                    With the possibility of losing Bruschi and Seau to retirement i wouldnt be surprised to see them go for an inside backer, i'm not in the camp of trying to figure what a team will do based on what they have done in the past, seems kind of pointless.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Saints - Stay put. We're bound to get a great defensive stud (we shall see) at #10.
                      The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

                      “We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I think the smart thing to do if I am Scott Pioli or Bill Belichek is to grab that high impact defender with the 7th pick. Your an elite team with the rare chance to pick early in the draft. The defence is getting older and If the projections on Laurinaitis are correct I think he is the pick. Maybe Golston if he comes out or the safety from Miami. You can't keep trading down forever. If they were in the top 3 ,as they were before SF had those late wins, then I would listen to the talk regarding high bonus payouts etc...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          id like the redskins to stay put. i wouldnt be upset if they traded down a few spots to pick up some picks but not too far.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            With Matt Millen doing our drafting, I don't think it matters much if we stay put, trade up or trade down. Either way, we'll continue to stink next season.
                            And proud of it!!!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Bengals should go top 6 to get Laurenitis.
                              CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.


                              Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                              JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information