No announcement yet.

What OTs go in the two first rounds?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What OTs go in the two first rounds?

I imagine quite a lot of tackles will be picked in the first two rounds, but behind Jake Long, how do you rate the rest?

Since I don't have a chance to watch college football I'd like to see what people think is the second best choice.

The OTs who're often mentioned to go in the first two rounds include:

Jake Long
    Sam Baker
    Ryan Clady
    Gosder Cherilus
    Chris Williams
    Michael Oher
    Jeff Otah
    Tony Hills

Personally (I'm a Bears-fan) I'd like to see us take Tony Hills in the 2. round as he's fast, athletic and has a good attittude. So do you think he'll be there at the 48. overall pick??

Off the top, my take (I'm going to put in a lot of the juniors, obviously some won't declare; random order within tiers)

1st tier - Range from early 1st to maybe the 20's

Jake Long - Has been overanalyzed a bit and is a solid player, but workouts will be big.

Ryan Clady - Don't be stunned if Clady pushes for the top OT slot.

Jeff Otah - I think everyone's waiting on the workouts.

Michael Oher - A lot of talk about him workinig his way up the boards it seems.

2nd tier - Range from maybe 20's - 2nd

Chris Williams - I'm a fan of his and wouldn't stun me to see him push into that first tier.

Sam Baker - Workouts will be big.

Gosder Cherilus - RT ability should prevent a big fall.

Alex Boone - If he declares, should get a lot of teams intrigued with his upside.

Phillip Loadholt - IMO, another year would really benefit him, but I could see him bolting.

Anthony Collins -See above.

3rd tier - Range maybe Late 2nd - mid 4th

Branden Albert - wouldn't surprise me if NFL teams thought about trying him at OT)

Mike McGlynn - could go higher as a guard, although not that much.

Chad Rinehart - Small school guy could force his way up a bit.

John Greco - Probably a bit overlooked right now and is a solid talent in his own right, although I'm not sure about him at LT.

Oniel Cousins - I'd like to come up with something to say, but I don't have anything coming to mind right now.

Carl Nicks - Athletic potential could slide him up a bit.

4th tier - Range maybe 4th - early 6th?

Kirk Barton - Solid steady guy who can produce in the right situation.

Tony Hills - For all his athletic potential, seems more of a RT.

Barry Richardson - The definition of an underachiever. Could go higher if some team falls in love with the potential.

Duane Brown - Athletic potential is there, but needs work. May be better as a guard.

Heath Benedict - A lot of folks seem to slate him as a guard already for some reason. If a team develops him, I can see him as a solid pro RT.

I think I'm missing some guys, but I'm too lazy to go dig up any of my lists right now.

Why do you rank Tony Hills that low?

Hasn't he played mostly LT with the Longhorns? He seems to have a lot of upside if he can grow a little still. I mean, yeah, he has been injured, but he'll be pretty healthy in time.

I still dont get why people like Clady that much.He doesnt do that well on the field.
        "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

for the bears i like BIG tackles...otah is my guy. hills isnt big enough for my liking

Jake Long, Ryan Clady, Jeff Otah, and Sam Baker for sure. If Michael Oher, Phil Loadholt, and Alex Boone declare they will all have a shot at the late first round and no later than the 2nd round. Chris Williams is in the mix too. I think Kirk Barton could go in round 2.

hills isnt all that strong or physical. needs to gain weight. he has the athleticism, but not the demeanor.

clady or otah are fine with me at 14. more than likely otah will be the one available.

Debug Information