Vernon Gholston

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vernon Gholston

I think right now he is one of the more under the radar prospects, and could be a Merriman/Ware stud, but I have not seen that much of him this year. For those of you that have seen him/know about him please post. I really want the Jets to get him.

^^Sig From Nvot9
    J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

i wouldnt call a top 10 pick under the radar

Comment

Reading 'The Blind Side', I wouldn't doubt him top 5 and I think barring public reaction he would be the smart pick for the Miami Dolphins.
      Virginia Tech.
      ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

Originally posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
        Reading 'The Blind Side', I wouldn't doubt him top 5 and I think barring public reaction he would be the smart pick for the Miami Dolphins.
        I think either him or Chris Long for the Dolphins.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
        WHO DAT!

Comment

Not underrated by any means, should be a top 10 pick easily and more than likely a top 5

Comment

any weaknesses?

^^Sig From Nvot9
            J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!

Comment

Originally posted by throwback54milkman View Post
              any weaknesses?
              I think downside is he seems more suited as a 3-4 outside rush end which narrows down the teams that would want him, would probably need to run a little better than he has in the past at the combine and needs to have a big game against LSU like he did against Michigan and not like he had against Illinois.

Comment

Originally posted by Babylon View Post
                I think downside is he seems more suited as a 3-4 outside rush end which narrows down the teams that would want him, would probably need to run a little better than he has in the past at the combine and needs to have a big game against LSU like he did against Michigan and not like he had against Illinois.
                Of course it's possible that the 32 teams don't share your opinion as to where he's more suited.:)

With the 2nd pick in the NFL draft, the St. Louis Rams select Vernon Gholston, DE, Ohio State.

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Killer View Post
                  Of course it's possible that the 32 teams don't share your opinion as to where he's more suited.:)

With the 2nd pick in the NFL draft, the St. Louis Rams select Vernon Gholston, DE, Ohio State.

You may be 100% correct but the whole talk was he was the next Ware/Merriman and in that context he's limited to a handful of teams. He would be a nice fit for the Rams but i dont think they will take him.

Comment

I think Dorsey probably goes #1. Gholston is a great prospect, but I don't see him going #1, that would be somethin' else though. I think Long goes before him probably too. Most teams like Long a lot, rumors say the Jets really like him too, but those are the same sort of rumors that said the Browns were "keying in" on Adrian Peterson last January. But #6 to New York or maybe #3/4 to Oakland is really possible.

Comment

43 End or 34 Rush he is a talented.

I'm not as concerned as most people are about his ability to play end in the 43, with his strength he plays 30 pounds heavier then his weight.

Its hard to find a weakness with him on the field, the scary part is he is probally the most anticipated guy to be a workout warrior.

There aren't many red flags with him, he is a much better prospect then Will Smith was.

IF anyone questions his ability to play End, just watch the Michigan game.

Guys need to start watching tape before they discard these "undersized" ends as being able to play in a 43 and automatically start calling them Rush backers.

43 or 34 he is going to be a player, he has the ability to take a game over.

Comment

i dont see how he's considered undersized. he's 6'4 265lbs of rock solid muscle. he's pretty much the prototype physically for a 4-3 edge rusher.

Comment

all i have 2 say is a beast. honestly tell me if u were a player how cud u not b scared of dis guy all he is a buch of muscle nd if ur goona come face 2 face wit him u hav 2 options either go down right away or brace ur self 4 impact.

Comment

Originally posted by TapouT View Post
                            all i have 2 say is a beast. honestly tell me if u were a player how cud u not b scared of dis guy all he is a buch of muscle nd if ur goona come face 2 face wit him u hav 2 options either go down right away or brace ur self 4 impact.
                            Great post.

Comment

All natural?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information