Davone Bess

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davone Bess

Scott, what are your thoughts on Bess? He looks like he could be a better NFL player than his draft hype would indicate. Do you think he can be a Greg Jennings or Santonio Holmes type at the next level?

Originally posted by BrabbitMcRabbit View Post
    Scott, what are your thoughts on Bess? He looks like he could be a better NFL player than his draft hype would indicate. Do you think he can be a Greg Jennings or Santonio Holmes type at the next level?
    I don't think he has the straightline speed to ever be a deep threat. He seems like the ultimate slot WR to me. I'd compare him a lot to a guy like Wes Welker actually

Comment

Yes, Bess would be a solid slot receiver. Stellar hands, and sneaks into small places, avoids the 1st tackle alot. I like him as a slot guy t4th roundish!
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I dont think he will declare as everyone of Hawaiis recieving core is pretty much leaving. If June Jones leaves, I say Bess leaves, but I dont think he will leave.

Comment

Originally posted by HinesWardJr View Post
          I dont think he will declare as everyone of Hawaiis recieving core is pretty much leaving. If June Jones leaves, I say Bess leaves, but I dont think he will leave.
          If by everyone in their reciving corps you mean Rivers and Hawthorne then yeah. Grice Mullen is still only a junior.

I think Bess is gone. he had a very close bond with Colt Brennan. Everytime i see Graunke play he seems to focus more on the backs and Grice-Mullen

Comment

Bess is a great slot type of WR as far as the NFL goes, these kind of guys are getting more and more valuable, Indy taking one in the 1st and the Pats trading a 2nd for Welker shows that winning teams value these guys a lot, i would say he is a 3rd rounder right now but could move up to an early 2nd if a team realy likes him

Comment

on the Bess bandwagon. he's very quick which makes him good after the catch. he doesn't have the top notch speed but he's fast enough.

Comment

I saw him play earlier this season and immediately wanted him for the Packers. He would be awesome running slants and short routes in our offense.

Comment

He'll make incredible catches and then sometimes you wonder why he drops the easy ones. Kinda frustrating. Definitely has made me happy as a fan. Couldn't ask for anything more because he gives it all he's got. Noted for being the hardest worker in practice and first one on and last one off the field every time. His success is a credit to his hard work... He's also very unselfish.

One frustrating thing is that he's not a good kick returner because he doesn't friggen try to catch the ball.. just let's it bounce most of the time.

He also runs too horizontal at times. His juke ability is crazy but not necessarily good.

Comment

I like Davone Bess. I hope the 49ers take him.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                    -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                    Originally posted by Borat
                    Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

He's in.

http://canadianpress.google.com/arti...-wKhB08zX7EyEw

Sources are saying that he got a 2nd round projection from the committee.

Comment

Bess looks like a great #2 or #3 WR for a team like a Wes Welker. What round is he projected to go??

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
                        2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia

Comment

Hawaii reloads WR's like USC can reload an entire team, so i doubt that he cared too much about that when he declared
                          I see him being able to sneak in the 2nd round, with a good combine

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I dont think he will run that fast to be honest.

Comment

I dont think he will run that fast to be honest.
                              His low 40 time is said to be 4.52.
                              Last edited by 619; 01-05-2008, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information