Jamaal Charles

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaal Charles

Since he has declared he is going pro. Where do you guys see him being drafted? I like his speed but he's not as consistent enough between the tackles. Sort of reminds me of Blair Thomas.

I think he runs a 4.31 at the combine and blows away the scouts. He def. needs to improve his running in between the tackles and he needs to work on securing the ball more, but I think he sneaks into the 1st round.

Comment

To be honest I guess I didn't even realize the type of production he had this year. 1,600+ yards and like 17 TD's...

Assuming all of the underclassmen we think will come out do I see Charles as a 2nd or 3rd rounder.
      Scott Wright, President
      Draft Countdown.com
      www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
      www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

Can he return kicks/punts?

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

Comment

i think he's a solid 2nd rounder right now with the chance to move up with his combine numbers

1st round
          DMC
          Stewart
          Mendenhall

2nd round
          Felix
          Charles
          Davis
          Rice

3rd round
          All the crappy seniors

Comment

I think he'll be a late first rounder, actually, but once more running backs and underclassmen declare, he might move into the second. I don't think he gets past there, though.

Comment

wow, this guy is nothing more then a speed back who wont carry the load, he should have stayed for one more year and get more exposure so his stock would have gone up further.

Comment

how many "speed" backs can carry the load? you find one who can, and you should redefine them as "elite" backs.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                  wow, this guy is nothing more then a speed back who wont carry the load, he should have stayed for one more year and get more exposure so his stock would have gone up further.
                  like chris henry from arizona right?

sarcasm

if henry can be taken in the 2nd round, charles can go pretty high. especially if he weighs in around 210lbs and runs a 4.35 or so. he definitely has the upside to be an every down back

Comment

Originally posted by foozball View Post
                    like chris henry from arizona right?

sarcasm

if henry can be taken in the 2nd round, charles can go pretty high. especially if he weighs in around 210lbs and runs a 4.35 or so. he definitely has the upside to be an every down back
                    Henry hasn't even proven anything but being a bust. Charles need a lot of work, he needs to add weight(he listed at 190), and he was never a pass blocker. A team like the Seahawks might take a reach at him to be a 1-2 with Alexander, but I don't see many.

Comment

I have to disagree.. he got quite a few carries this year, averaging about 20 per game. That's a rather good number and it's not really a run oriented team; pretty balanced.

His size, 6'1 205-210 pounds isn't what you'd like to see but he definitely has the frame to add a little more bulk, maybe 10-15 pounds, without losing much speed.

Hugely productive this year when he finally got the spotlight, but also looked great in his first two years (especially his Freshman year.)

Incredible speed... unless he tries to bulk up for the combine he's got a legitimate shot at a 4.2 time, low 4.3 at the worst.

When you carried the ball 20 times a game with eye-popping production in college, have at least manageable size and run a 4.2 to low 4.3 you tend to get drafted in the first round. Things are strange like that. :P

Oh, the other thing that impresses me was his consistency this year! He only had ONE *bad* game and even then had 90 some yards of offense.

The only problem I see is if Felix Jones declares Charles might ceiling as the 4th best back and suddenly there is just nowhere for him to go in the 1st. I like him better than Felix but he may not have the same versatility which could be something that a team like Dallas, with an established #1 back, values more than a proven featured back. I either see him going to Dallas in the 1st or dropping to the early 2nd.
                      Last edited by Sportsfan486; 01-03-2008, 01:02 AM.

When being a fanboi goes too far.

Comment

Henry hasn't even proven anything but being a bust. Charles need a lot of work, he needs to add weight(he listed at 190), and he was never a pass blocker. A team like the Seahawks might take a reach at him to be a 1-2 with Alexander, but I don't see many.
                        i was commenting on the fact that you said he needed to stay to up his exposure. henry hardly played at all, wowed at the combine, and went in the 2nd round.

he's up around 205lbs right now since giving up track if not more

Comment

I think what will really help is his stock is if he can show if he can catch the ball out of the backfield. I see him as a very good space player and I'm sure a creative OC will be able to put him into their game plans.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
                            I have to disagree.. he got quite a few carries this year, averaging about 20 per game. That's a rather good number and it's not really a run oriented team; pretty balanced.

His size, 6'1 205-210 pounds isn't what you'd like to see but he definitely has the frame to add a little more bulk, maybe 10-15 pounds, without losing much speed.

Hugely productive this year when he finally got the spotlight, but also looked great in his first two years (especially his Freshman year.)

Incredible speed... unless he tries to bulk up for the combine he's got a legitimate shot at a 4.2 time, low 4.3 at the worst.

When you carried the ball 20 times a game with eye-popping production in college, have at least manageable size and run a 4.2 to low 4.3 you tend to get drafted in the first round. Things are strange like that. :P

Oh, the other thing that impresses me was his consistency this year! He only had ONE *bad* game and even then had 90 some yards of offense.

The only problem I see is if Felix Jones declares Charles might ceiling as the 4th best back and suddenly there is just nowhere for him to go in the 1st. I like him better than Felix but he may not have the same versatility which could be something that a team like Dallas, with an established #1 back, values more than a proven featured back. I either see him going to Dallas in the 1st or dropping to the early 2nd.
                            I don't think you guys realize how fast 4.2 speed is. You talk as if guys run it all the time. Until I see it, I can't believe Charles is that fast.

I don't think there is a corner or wide receiver in the draft that will run a 4.2.

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              I don't think you guys realize how fast 4.2 speed is. You talk as if guys run it all the time. Until I see it, I can't believe Charles is that fast.

I don't think there is a corner or wide receiver in the draft that will run a 4.2.
                              He won the big 12 100m in 10.23, im not saying he will run a 4.2 but he will be very close

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information