Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Senior Bowl

UPDATED:
    I just thought I'd let you all know that the San Francisco 49ers coaching staff led by Mike Nolan will be coaching the South team this year and the Oakland Raiders coaching staff led by Lane Kiffin will be coaching the North team. This is the 3rd year in a row for the 49ers will be coaching the senoir bowl.

Does anyone have a list of who was invited to play in the senior bowl?
    Last edited by Scout49; 01-06-2008, 10:57 AM.
    9ers rock

Originally posted by Scout49 View Post
    I just thought I'd let you all know that the San Francisco 49ers led by Mike Nolan will be coaching the South Team this year.

All of them?

Comment

Originally posted by Farva View Post
      All of them?
      LOL! Yes, the whole 49ers team will be coaching the senior bowl this year. Kidding I fixed it!
      9ers rock

Comment

The only 3 guarantees in this lifetime: Death, Taxes, and the 49ers coaching the Senior Bowl.
        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

49ers have done a good job drafting when Nolan has coached the Senior Bowl. Too bad he's picking way down in the order this year.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
          WHO DAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Scout49 View Post
            Does anyone have a list of who was invited to play in the senior bowl?
            They don't announce the complete list until Jan. 20th. The website shows some of the invitees.

The east-west shrine rosters are out and are on their website.

Comment

why is it always them? I want the packers staff there. It would be nice to have a winning team there, I think it will mean more for the players then a losing team, record wise.

Comment

Hula Bowl roster: http://www.hulabowlhawaii.com/players/index.asp

Sveen's 2015 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Comment

Originally posted by Sveen View Post
                  Larry Grant at SS, interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                    why is it always them? I want the packers staff there. It would be nice to have a winning team there, I think it will mean more for the players then a losing team, record wise.
                    Well the 49ers have gotten lucky that the teams ahead of them did not want to coach it or have had no coach to coach it.

As far as what it means to the players I would disagree. The 49ers have always gone into the Senior Bowl with a good coaching staff.

The defensive players get to work with Nolan, who is a really good defensive mind and Singletary one of the best LBs to play the game. Singletery alone is a real treat for young players because he has the hardest drills around and is very focused on fundamentals.

As far as the offense, they use the Air Coryell digit system which is very easy to learn for the players and showcases everything you want in a players skill set. They have had Mike McCarthy and used Norv Turner as the OC's so there goes the argument for your coach.

Comment

Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                      A winning team will never get the chance to coach the Senior Bowl. Those opportunities always go to the teams with the worst records in the league. And I really don't think it would mean anything significant to the players. Especially since they're all going to be on different teams within the next month or so anyways.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
                      -San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
                      Originally posted by Borat
                      Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Comment

BTW its Kiffin

Glad my team's staff will be working there. I wonder if Mike Singletery wont be out interviewing for HC jobs. I know he wants an opportunity bad. Hopes he gets it.

Comment

Originally posted by Raider_fan_Canada View Post
                          BTW its Kiffin

Glad my team's staff will be working there. I wonder if Mike Singletery wont be out interviewing for HC jobs. I know he wants an opportunity bad. Hopes he gets it.

I remember NFL Network showing Singletary at last year's practices working with the lb's. Very intense just doing drills. Really got after them to work harder and let them know if they weren't. Anyone with as much passion for the sport as him should get a shot to coach somewhere. I hope he gets his chance. I can't believe a staff like Chicago wouldn't want to be the NFC representative. No coaching turnover. Underachieving team. Need to fill some holes on that defense.

Comment

Originally posted by bruschis4all View Post
                            I remember NFL Network showing Singletary at last year's practices working with the lb's. Very intense just doing drills. Really got after them to work harder and let them know if they weren't. Anyone with as much passion for the sport as him should get a shot to coach somewhere. I hope he gets his chance. I can't believe a staff like Chicago wouldn't want to be the NFC representative. No coaching turnover. Underachieving team. Need to fill some holes on that defense.
                            Yeah he was really wearing guys out.

Comment

Hopefully the Rams staff decides to coach the North roster. They would be stupid to pass up this opportunity.
                              My teams:
                              St. Louis Rams
                              Michigan Wolverines
                              Southern Miss Golden Eagles

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information