Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backup/Role Player Better Pro than the Star

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Backup/Role Player Better Pro than the Star

    Curious to see if we can identify guys who get less publicity in their position than a team mate who will make a better Pro.

    Let me throw out two possibilities for discussion:

    Arrington over Manningham
    Jones over McFadden

    Thoughts???

  • #2
    I think Jones and McFadden is going to be like Portis and Gore...only that they are going to be picked higher

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Renji View Post
      I think Jones and McFadden is going to be like Portis and Gore...only that they are going to be picked higher
      that's a pretty fair assessment...although I do not think Felix Jones is as hard of a back as Gore is....

      Comment


      • #4
        wasnt comparing Dmas with Portis and jones with gore. I was more comparing the fact that both guys were good at College and there were discussions about them like there are about Jones and DMac now. The question being who is better

        Comment


        • #5
          More so due to injuries, but UT TE Brad Cottam could have a more productive NFL career than his college #'s suggest. Wasn't just injuries though, the Vols hardly used TE's for awhile.

          He's got eggcelent size and decent speed. Decent blocker too. Could be a steal.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hunter Cantwell over Brian Brohm? Who knows Im not so high on Brohm so I certainly think its a possibility.

            Comment


            • #7
              Here are a few odd ones that come to mind of guys who I think could be better pros than their more heralded college team mate:

              James over Harvin as a RB
              Brace over Raji as NT
              A little late but, Harvey over Moss as a OLB
              Brandon Minor over Mike Hart

              Interested in more ideas with advocating for either ....

              Comment


              • #8
                I think there is a very very very slight chance that Jones is better than DMac as I think DMac is a better prospect than even AD but I could definitely see Arrington over Manningham.
                Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang
                Waaaaaaaaah!!! It was totally cooler when I was the only one who made a truth thread. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!! I thought that when I "retired" people would honor me by never making truth threads. WAaaaaaaaaaaaaaah !!!!
                Originally posted by Lions WMD
                It's called Auto Fellatio!

                Comment


                • #9
                  How about Marcus Freeman over James Laurinaitis?

                  JL gets all the hype, but Freeman is a superb player in his own right. He's still raw, but has had a couple of nice years and came into his own a little more this season. At roughly 6'2 236, he has the size and should run under a 4.6. If he plays well tomorrow and tests well at the combine, I think we could have a first round sleeper. As I said, he's raw. His instincts and his reads have improved every game and are starting to catch up to his athletic ability. There's a good chance, in my opinion, that he's a better pro than college player.

                  big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                  - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                  www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ThePudge View Post
                    How about Marcus Freeman over James Laurinaitis?

                    JL gets all the hype, but Freeman is a superb player in his own right. He's still raw, but has had a couple of nice years and came into his own a little more this season. At roughly 6'2 236, he has the size and should run under a 4.6. If he plays well tomorrow and tests well at the combine, I think we could have a first round sleeper. As I said, he's raw. His instincts and his reads have improved every game and are starting to catch up to his athletic ability. There's a good chance, in my opinion, that he's a better pro than college player.
                    Marcus freeman is coming back to school for his senior season

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I never have bought into the whole Jones>McFadden thing. Not that close in my mind either.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I could see Lavelle Hawkins being better than Desean Jackson.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Bobo View Post
                          More so due to injuries, but UT TE Brad Cottam could have a more productive NFL career than his college #'s suggest. Wasn't just injuries though, the Vols hardly used TE's for awhile.

                          He's got eggcelent size and decent speed. Decent blocker too. Could be a steal.
                          I also agree that Cottam's an underrated prospect. He has the best size of any TE in the draft and his speed is good from what I've seen. He was Tennessee's blocking TE so he must be a good blocker for a prospect. I think he could catch on with a team later in the draft like a Matt Spaeth type player. A balanced #2 TE.

                          sig by BoneKrusher

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Vince Carter ended up having a better career than Antawn Jamison. I know different sport and different dynamic. But it can def. happen. Lets just say Matt Cassell ends up being better than Carson Palmer which WONT happen. Felix Jones will be solid. I think it can occur with WR's and RB's. Hawkins for sure, I can see him having a better career than DeSean.
                            my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                            <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                            <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                            <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                            Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                            What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by bored of education View Post
                              Vince Carter ended up having a better career than Antawn Jamison. I know different sport and different dynamic. But it can def. happen. Lets just say Matt Cassell ends up being better than Carson Palmer which WONT happen. Felix Jones will be solid. I think it can occur with WR's and RB's. Hawkins for sure, I can see him having a better career than DeSean.
                              Matt Cassell was also a backup to Matt Leinart, and it's not impossible that Cassell could end up better than Leinart.


                              Sig by me... Hold the applause.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information