Frank Okam - 3-4 NT?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank Okam - 3-4 NT?

Whats up guys? I am curious about your thoughts on Frank Okam. I really like this kid, and would like to draft him at #32 for the Fins and put him at the Nose in our 3-4 defense.

What are your thoughts on Okam? Would he be a good pick at #32? And would he be good playing the 0Tech at the Nose in a 3-4 scheme?

I think the main knock on Okam is motor, but he has great size to play anywhere on a 3-4 DL really. He's not your conventional stumpy NT but he has a strong enough build and he's wide enough to be a NT. I think he'd be better as a DE in a 3-4, where he could be a run plugger and make plays in pursuit, plus height is more of an advantage there. His value is right around the 32 range.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

I think, if you want to draft a NT, someone like Ahtyba Rubin is probably the guy that's valued closer to that spot. Some folks think Okam and Red Bryant will both fall to the 4th/5th range. Their size may blunt the fall, but Rubin's been rising rapidly. There's some speculation that Rubin is a first rounder, which I'm wary of right now, but he's probably in that 2nd round mix and is a NT prospect.

Comment

Got anymore info on this Rubin guy? What school? Size, wieght?

Comment

I think Josh Thompson could be a steal at NT, he reminds me of Kelly Gregg.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Okam blows, point blank. He plays with zero leverage, arguably the most vital trait of the NT position.
            Originally posted by Paul
            Eli's opportunity to become a legend.
            Originally posted by Vikes99ej
            These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
            MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

Comment

Originally posted by FinNasty View Post
              Got anymore info on this Rubin guy? What school? Size, wieght?
              Iowa State, around 6'1" 330.

Comment

Originally posted by toonsterwu View Post
                Iowa State, around 6'1" 330.
                He's listed as 6'3 on every site. That changes a lot of things as far as leverage for a 3-4.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Okam gets handled by college offensive linemen...imagine the linemen he'll face in the NFL. I'd pass on him

Comment

Okam needs to learn what leverage is and how to use it, untill then hes a project.His motor will probably be better once he starts to use leverage well.
                    Last edited by doingthisinsteadofwork; 01-06-2008, 12:39 AM.
                    "The liberator who destroys my property, is fighting to save my spirit. The teacher who clears all possessions from my path will set me free."-Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
                      Okam blows, point blank. He plays with zero leverage, arguably the most vital trait of the NT position.
                      Couldn't have said it better myself. Frank Okam is not even the best DT on the Texas d-line. I would take Derek Lokey over Okam in the NFL.

Originally posted by Halsey
                      I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

I wouldn't touch Okam on Day 1. Everytime I watch him he is not only undominant but I see him getting driven back. This guy has recieved a lot of hype based on having great measurables but if you watch him play he doesn't play at all like the 1st round pick people make him out to be. To me, he is a "Looks like Tarzan but plays like Jane" type prospect.

Comment

everything thats been said here is spot on, as a side note i think grady jackson has twice the motor okam has =D

Comment

Heh, that's pretty damning! Tell me about Red though. I don't live in Texas, so I didn't see the Aggies play at all this year. He's got great size. Is he also a low motor guy or does he just not move well?

Comment

Some scouts are calling for Okam and Bryant to make a Pro transition to OL.. Likely OG.

Neither possesses a nasty demeanor and they feel that their not playing up to the level of play their size would indicate.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information