Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isnt Phillip Merling in the Rankings?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why isnt Phillip Merling in the Rankings?

The guy is a sick puppy and my understanding is he's considering foregoing his junior year to enter the draft. To me he's a first day draft choice. Wonder why you dont have him ranked.

Eeez Ezpecially Delicious

Originally posted by adamprez2003 View Post
    The guy is a sick puppy and my understanding is he's considering foregoing his junior year to enter the draft. To me he's a first day draft choice. Wonder why you dont have him ranked.
    Becuae he's an underclassman...only the seniors are ranked

Comment

http://www.draftdaddy.com/blog/nfldraft.cfm

Is reporting merling has already entered the draft, after receiving a second round grade.

Comment

Originally posted by genom View Post
        http://www.draftdaddy.com/blog/nfldraft.cfm

Is reporting merling has already entered the draft, after receiving a second round grade.
        Once I see official reports I will buy iy. The kid is one sick human being that is for sure. A 1st round talent IMO
        my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
        <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
        <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
        <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
        Originally posted by Hermstheman83
        What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bored of education View Post
          Once I see official reports I will buy iy. The kid is one sick human being that is for sure. A 1st round talent IMO
          These guys are as close to official as you will find. I agree on the 1st round talent assessment, the guy will be a player.

Comment

Once he or any other junior officially declares, then Scott will add him to the rankings (assuming he's good enough to be ranked). Until then, Scott sticks with players we concretely know are entering the Draft. So give it a week or two, as we see who declares and who doesn't, and then Scott can eventually update his rankings.
            Last edited by Geo; 01-06-2008, 05:06 PM.
            Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
              Once he or any other junior officially declares, then Scott will add him to the rankings (assuming he's good enough to be ranked). Until then, Scott sticks with players we concretely know are entering the Draft. So give it a week or two, as we see who declares and who doesn't, and then Scott can eventually update his rankings.
              Thanks for the feedback. Cant wait to read his write up. I think he's going to be a steal for someone

Eeez Ezpecially Delicious

Comment

Clemson is turning into DE U.

After Merling there is Ricky Sapp and you can Daquan Bowers will be up there soon too.

Comment

can Merling play in a 34?

Comment

He is about 280 and played some DT so he might could put on a couple of pounds and do it.

Comment

I'd love to have Merling on the Jags. He'd probably slot in around there too.

He fits what we look for in a pass-rusher: The whole package. Speed, agility, and quickness yes, but in a frame that gives you size and run-defense on the edge.

Comment

i like merling. not sure if i see him as a 1st rounder yet. i need some more info on him but his tangibles seem promising. with a good pro day/combine he could be a late first rounder.

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
                          I'd love to have Merling on the Jags. He'd probably slot in around there too.

He fits what we look for in a pass-rusher: The whole package. Speed, agility, and quickness yes, but in a frame that gives you size and run-defense on the edge.

I agree, he would be a great selection for the Jags... and brings everything to the table they look for in every down DEs.

Comment

Originally posted by islandboy843 View Post
                            He is about 280 and played some DT so he might could put on a couple of pounds and do it.
                            Merling reportedly was down in the 260's this season and actually played in some coverage, he could very well play OLB in a 3-4 running in the low to mid 4.7's.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/CENTER]

Comment

speaking of people not being in the rankings where is Adrian Arrington?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information