Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whos Stock was hurt/strengthened in the National Championship?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whos Stock was hurt/strengthened in the National Championship?

Whos stock was hurt and whos stock was strengthened last night in the National Championship game?

OSU
    Weakened: OSU OLine
    Strengthened: Jenkins

LSU
    Weakened: ?
    Strengthened: Flynn, Hester, Doucet

LSU:
    Hester definitely I think.

Whichever Tackle blocked Vernon Gholston shut him down the entire night. I bet he got a boost.

Doucet definitely helped his case.

Ricky Jean-Francois made some money for the future by being completely dominant.

Ali Highsmith had a pretty solid game.

Both Corners Chevis Jackson and Jonathan Zenon helped themselves with good nights. Jackson looked pretty dang good in man coverage.

Craig Steltz getting injured probably didn't help himself

OSU:

Laurinaitis had a solid game with close to 20 tackles. Marcus Freeman didn't do too bad either.

Larry Grant had the best night for them. He was all over the place.

Beanie Wells continued to strengthen his stock and I imagina he'll come out next year due to the weak RB class.

Despite his INTs, I think Todd Boeckman didn't do that bad. He looked like an NFL QB out there, he just wasn't getting much help.

I think OSU's offensive and defensive linemen didn't do so hot. Rehring had a pretty bad night at Guard and Vernon Gholston didn't make the impact he should have.

Comment

I think Tressel and his staff looked sad next to LSU's staff. He was outcoached by a mile.

I don't think Ohio St.'s players really suffered much, their gameplans stunk much more than the players.

As for LSU, Hester and Doucet improved their stock by quite a bit. Their CB's certainly played well. Flynn showed himself to at least be quite a leader. I thought Howard Johnson was pretty dominate.
      And proud of it!!!

Comment

I dont see how Doucet did anything to help his stock. He once again proved that he's not a deep theat at all, and that he's essentially a 6'0 short yardage possession receiver. He's good at what he does, but I cant see how what he does will help him much...he doesn't look like a #1 receiver and that will significantly cap his draft grade.

Comment

Originally posted by metafour View Post
          I dont see how Doucet did anything to help his stock. He once again proved that he's not a deep theat at all, and that he's essentially a 6'0 short yardage possession receiver. He's good at what he does, but I cant see how what he does will help him much...he doesn't look like a #1 receiver and that will significantly cap his draft grade.
          Many were predicting him to fall. I think he is firmly in the end of round 1 as of now. Anthony Gonzalez went at #32 and I certainly don't think he is any worse than him.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
            Many were predicting him to fall. I think he is firmly in the end of round 1 as of now. Anthony Gonzalez went at #32 and I certainly don't think he is any worse than him.
            Still too early to tell. Gonzalez was helped greatly by the fact that the Colts needed a replacement slot guy and he fit that role perfectly. If the Colts passed on Gonzalez I doubt he would have gone as high as he ended up going because not many other teams were stacked enough to take a slot receiver that high.

Comment

Still too early to tell. Gonzalez was helped greatly by the fact that the Colts needed a replacement slot guy and he fit that role perfectly. If the Colts passed on Gonzalez I doubt he would have gone as high as he ended up going because not many other teams were stacked enough to take a slot receiver that high.
              Well Scott had him going 41, which isn't that much further than 32. Regardless I think Doucet is a better player.

Comment

I didn't watch the whole game but when I did i didn't see gholston make one play.

Comment

I feel like Gholston was the one guy who was working his butt off on the OSU Front 7. I thought he was the man stopping LSU on sweep plays to his side. Maybe I was the only impressed with his play.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

All of Ohio State's defensive players played well individually. Scheme sucked though. Gholston was dominant last night, too bad he didn't get his sacks though, the LSU offense used a lot of 3 step drops and short passes. Laurinaitis had almost 20 tackles. Jenkins had that one bad play for a TD, but also had a lot of great plays including that big INT. Our offensive line and Beanie Wells played good too, Boeckman sucked. In fact I think Todd was the only Buckeye who was actually really bad individually.

Comment

Laurinaitis last night was a great example of how just looking at "tackles" is a ridiculous way to judge a LB. He was absolutely terrible in pass coverage. He picked up a bunch of garbage tackles and that was it.

Comment

maybe its because i am an LSU fan, but i agree with metafour about Laurinaitis. he didn't impress me at all. yea he had all the tackles but were any for a loss?? he got ran over atleast two times by Hester. same thing for all the other great defenders on that squad. Gholston as well. didn't impress me. had one good play and that was about it. and then Jenkins. he didn't impress me either. he had the INT but **** the ball was thrown horribly and it was directly to him. and he still almost dropped it. the offensive line didn't play well. that got man handled most of the game in protecting the QB. and many a play were holding when a run was called the few times a run was called.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

Laurinaitis last night was a great example of how just looking at "tackles" is a ridiculous way to judge a LB. He was absolutely terrible in pass coverage. He picked up a bunch of garbage tackles and that was it.
                          Exactly. And most of those tackles occurred downfield.

Comment

You're completely correct, I think another year in school would benefit Laurinaitis. But also who am I to tell someone to turn down millions of dollars.

Comment

Gimme a break, Laurinaitis made plays last night, they just all happened to be in the run game and against the screens, etc. He wasn't too hot in his man coverage, but oh well, he made plays in the run game. He played a good game last night for the most part, nothing wrong with his performance, he showed some of the reasons why he is the best LB in the country from what I saw. Grant was our best LB last night though the way he played. Bad scheme, bad defensive coaching, water under bridge.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information