Vernon Gholsten and James Lauranitus

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vernon Gholsten and James Lauranitus

Does anyone believe either one of these players will stay in school?
    INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - A CHANGE IS COMING!

lauranitus maybe gholsten highly doubt it

Comment

Im just asking cause I dont wanna see the Pats end up with either one of these guys. Personally I think this is the pick that should have been taken away from them rather then their own 1st rounder. If either one of them stays that lessens the chance the Pats land one of them.
      INDIANAPOLIS COLTS - A CHANGE IS COMING!

Comment

Lauranitus is reportedly leaning towards staying. I haven't heard anything either way on Gholsten

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

not sure but even if they go i dont think gholston will be around. Lauranitus is a different story

Comment

I think all our juniors will stay except Gholston. He is basically Shawne Merriman without the steroids and bigger muscles anyways.
            Last edited by keylime_5; 01-08-2008, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
              I think all our juniors will stay except Gholston. If you don't want to Pats to take Gholston then you don't know what's good for you. He is basically Shawne Merriman without the steroids and bigger muscles anyways.
              U got it wrong buddy. he was saying he dosent like da pats and dont want da pats to get him

Comment

oh, okay, my B, I'm stupid.

Comment

Gholston should probably declare but I haven't heard much and Laurinaitus supposedly is leaning towards not declaring. No way Gholston gets to the Pats I'm worried he won't get to the Jets at the 6 spot but if he does he's almost guaranteed to get drafted by NY.

Comment

Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                    Gholston should probably declare but I haven't heard much and Laurinaitus supposedly is leaning towards not declaring. No way Gholston gets to the Pats I'm worried he won't get to the Jets at the 6 spot but if he does he's almost guaranteed to get drafted by NY.
                    lets hope so. he would be a great addition to our young D

Comment

my mock top 6
                      1-MIA-Dorsey
                      2-STL-C.Long
                      3-OAK-McFadden
                      4-ATL-Ryan
                      5-KC-J.Long
                      6-NYJ-GHOLSTON!!!

Comment

Originally posted by derza222 View Post
                        That a stretch. I like him as a prospect don't get me wrong he's a freak of an athlete, but #6 and lord knows #1 might be high for a guy who's stiff in coverage, has a frame that's beyond maxed out(steroids), and is inconsistent vs. the run. I for one like the value of DE/OLB tweeners in the 2nd, 3rd, even 4th rounds...

Comment

Originally posted by keylime_5 View Post
                          my mock top 6
                          1-MIA-Dorsey
                          2-STL-C.Long
                          3-OAK-McFadden
                          4-ATL-Ryan
                          5-KC-J.Long
                          6-NYJ-GHOLSTON!!!
                          haha it's like the seem from top gun where wolfman says to hollywood "this gives me a hard on." Vulgaries aside, I truly hope the jets end up with gholston and really think they'll be a NT away from being a very solid defense.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Originally posted by gangGREENinsider View Post
                            That a stretch. I like him as a prospect don't get me wrong he's a freak of an athlete, but #6 and lord knows #1 might be high for a guy who's stiff in coverage, has a frame that's beyond maxed out(steroids), and is inconsistent vs. the run. I for one like the value of DE/OLB tweeners in the 2nd, 3rd, even 4th rounds...
                            His coverage will only get better, but he won't be asked to drop back into coverage all that much. Demarcus ware, Shawne merriman and Kamerion Wimbley are arguably the best OLB/DE tweeners in the league and were drafted 11th, 12th and 13th overall, respectively. I think if you want an elite one a first round gradeout is worth it, especially when OLB is a key cog in the 34 defense.

I do not beleive gholston is on steroids, but that is just my opinion. His frame also does not need to get any bigger and his smarts and love for film will overcome the fluidity of his hips.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

Originally posted by BroadwayJoe10 View Post
                              haha it's like the seem from top gun where wolfman says to hollywood "this gives me a hard on." Vulgaries aside, I truly hope the jets end up with gholston and really think they'll be a NT away from being a very solid defense.
                              yup and their are some big DT/NTs in the draft wich we can get in the 3rd or 4th. Red Bryant, Ahtyba Ruben, and Frank Morton possibley

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information