Ray Rice = Overrated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray Rice = Overrated

Anyone who thinks that Ray Rice is a franchise back is completly out of it or is a huge homer. He just needs to hope his 40 is decent so he stays Day 1. If Ray Rice is going to get 2 threads made by homers, these other guys deserve threads too.
    1. Darren McFadden , Top 5
    2. Rashard Mendenhall , Top 15
    3. Jonathan Stewart , Top 15
    4. Felix Jones , 1st Round (Not sure if he can be a franchise back)
    5. Steve Slaton , Late 1st-Early 2nd(Stock is highest it can possibly be)
    6. Chris Johnson , Late 1st- Early 2nd
    7. Jamaal Charles , 2nd Round
    8. Mike Hart , 2nd Round
    9. Kevin Smith , 2nd Round
    10. James Davis , 2nd Round-3rd Round
    11. Ray Rice , 3rd Round

Ray Rice = Emmitt Smith.

Not saying he last for that many years or plays for such a good OL but he reminds me of him. Gets off long enuff runs in spite of his lack of top end speed.

Comment

I disagree. I am not saying he is a franchise back but think he will be great in a 2 back system...ex like Jones-Drew and Barber

Comment

I really think that he is not overrated. He is pegged to go in the third round and your rankings aren't half bad. I think most people just forget how deep the draft class is at RB before posting their rankings. The only differences I would make are Chris Johnson, Mike Hart, and Kevin Smith. I think Chris Johnson is a pretty good scat back, but not much more. As for Mike Hart and Kevin Smith, those two and Ray Rice are strong, smart, slow runners who have excellent vision. I really don't see huge differences with any of those three.

Originally posted by Halsey
        I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjames View Post
          Ray Rice = Emmitt Smith.

Not saying he last for that many years or plays for such a good OL but he reminds me of him. Gets off long enuff runs in spite of his lack of top end speed.
          I'm going to just say WOW to that comparison. At least Ray Rice has a better vocabulary. =D

Originally posted by Halsey
          I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Turtlepower View Post
            I'm going to just say WOW to that comparison. At least Ray Rice has a better vocabulary. =D
            Better vocab than emmitt smith?? haha i hope you're kidding, because even though Mr. Smith may not be the best person to have as your scrabble partner he sure is a better speaker than ray ray. However, i do kinda like the comparison, but maybe curis martin? Good vision, not elite speed, but certainly knows how to follow his blockers.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Comment

I remember when Jimmy Johnson picked him coming out of Florida he said how unimpressed he was with his speed and quickness but when he saw the tape he could not believe how many long runs this allegedly slow back got ......

Ray Rice is allegedly slow but he seems to get big chunks of yards running behind an OK line in a program with a bad QB and sketchy WRs. He also runs well in big games.

Let also say this, I think he is faster than Hart with similar top end instincts. I also think he will be a better pro than Mendenhall and McFadden. Don't like their running styles and I hate McFadden's body type.

Overall, I think Stewart is the best pro-style back --speed, size, instincts and versatility.

But, just my opinions and I know they are not shared by many.

Comment

Curtis Martin is a good comparison. Martin is and will be for ever my favorite player and i do like Ray Ray as well

Comment

Originally posted by kingjames View Post
                  Ray Rice is allegedly slow but he seems to get big chunks of yards running behind an OK line in a program with a bad QB and sketchy WRs. He also runs well in big games.

Let also say this, I think he is faster than Hart with similar top end instincts. I also think he will be a better pro than Mendenhall and McFadden. Don't like their running styles and I hate McFadden's body type.

Overall, I think Stewart is the best pro-style back --speed, size, instincts and versatility.

But, just my opinions and I know they are not shared by many.
                  HAHAHA. OK line? Sosa, Fladell, Davis, Zuttah... that's 2 great athletes and 2 huge guys, all great run blockers and all strong candidates to be drafted. Teel is not a bad QB. He throws deep balls very nicely which is always the perfect complement to a pounder like Rice. Sketchy WRs? Britt looks like a stud while Underwood and Carter are also solid and good deep threats. Last year they had Clark Harris at TE too. His supporting cast has done nothing but help him succeed in the Big East.

He's probably a bit faster than Hart, but I think Hart is a better prospect. Better pro than Mendenhall and McFadden? I think you went a bit far there.

I definitely agree on Stewart, but you got too far ahead of yourself with McFadden and Mendenhall. Their running styles will be less effective at the next level but they'll still be solid backs.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

it was his best choice to come out, hes only gonna get more carries and he isnt gonna win a National Title. I see him as Marion Barber role in the NFL. 3rd down solid backup, but best used as a back up.

Comment

I'm not sure where his stock ends up or what he runs, but I really like Ray Rice as a prospect. I've seen the comparison of Carnell Williams on this forum, and I honestly really like it. Ray seems to have a terrific grasp on the position and despite not being particularly heavy has a very good build for the position.

He isn't quite the prospect that Williams was, but with a solid offseason I could see him as the #3 or #4 runner on a lot of people's boards.

Comment

I really think that he is not overrated. He is pegged to go in the third round and your rankings aren't half bad. I think most people just forget how deep the draft class is at RB before posting their rankings. The only differences I would make are Chris Johnson, Mike Hart, and Kevin Smith. I think Chris Johnson is a pretty good scat back, but not much more. As for Mike Hart and Kevin Smith, those two and Ray Rice are strong, smart, slow runners who have excellent vision. I really don't see huge differences with any of those three.
                        Very good assessment. I'd say Rice and Smith will have to put up decent 40's to advance up the ladder. I don't think Hart has the speed.
                        And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CARDIAC CAT 7 View Post
                          Anyone who thinks that Ray Rice is a franchise back is completly out of it or is a huge homer. He just needs to hope his 40 is decent so he stays Day 1. If Ray Rice is going to get 2 threads made by homers, these other guys deserve threads too.
                          8. Mike Hart , 2nd Round
                          11. Ray Rice , 3rd Round

That's pretty fair. I might move Charles up a bit but your ratings are solid.

Comment

Originally posted by CARDIAC CAT 7 View Post
                            8. Mike Hart , 2nd Round
                            11. Ray Rice , 3rd Round
                            Kevin Smith?...James Davis?........Mike Hart??? You have to be kidding. You suck ass at rating backs.

Comment

40 times are so damn overrated for RBs, it is almost comical. Any team who who needs a RB in round 2 or 3 and passes on Ray because of his 40 times will regret it. Ray lacks top end or breakaway speed. Thats fine. How many times a season does an NFL RB find himself behind the entire defense and has to use this "breakaway speed".

Ahmad Bradshaw ran a 4.6 I think at the combine. Besides his character concerns, his knock was lack of breakaway speed. Yet I saw him out run the entire Buffalo defense in week 16.

Ray Rice is just a football player. Has better vision than most RBs in this draft. And thats probably because of his lack pure speed. Has a low center of gravitiy and pushes defenders backwards. Remind me of Priest Holmes. If he stays healthy, he will be a very productive NFL back.

As for those rankings, there is no way Slaton, Hart, and Davis are better. Some others are questionable. People overrate size and speed for a RB so much.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information