Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paul Smith, QB, Tulsa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Paul Smith, QB, Tulsa

    Why does no one talk about this guy? Yes, he's a bit undersized at 6'2", 193, but I was very impressed with him in the game against Bowling Green last week and he finished with a 60.1% completion percentage, 5,065 yards, and 47 pass touchdowns. He also rushed in 13 touchdowns for a total of 60. He looked very poised and tough in the game. Does anyone have any idea where he's expected to go or have more information than I do?

  • #2
    I've been impressed with him this whole year.

    Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

    Super Bowl XLIV Champions
    WHO DAT!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
      Why does no one talk about this guy? Yes, he's a bit undersized at 6'2", 193, but I was very impressed with him in the game against Bowling Green last week and he finished with a 60.1% completion percentage, 5,065 yards, and 47 pass touchdowns. He also rushed in 13 touchdowns for a total of 60. He looked very poised and tough in the game. Does anyone have any idea where he's expected to go or have more information than I do?
      He's a bit of a system QB so he's not likely to get drafted too high. You have to realize that Tulsa's OC Todd Dodge was known for his passing attacks while at Southlake Carroll. Entering the season he was probably a 7th round/UDFA kind of guy but this season and a strong postseason could raise his stock to around the 4th round. I still don't expect him to be anything more than a quality backup/spot starter in the league similiar to the career of another Tulsa quarterback, Gus Freotte.

      Comment


      • #4
        Did he transfer from oklahoma?


        Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

        Comment


        • #5
          he impressed in hula bowl practice, they said he has a good release but lacks size.

          Comment


          • #6
            Paul Smith = Tim Tebow. =D


            Originally posted by Halsey
            I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by jbeans187 View Post
              Did he transfer from oklahoma?
              I'm not 100% sure if he did. if he did, he never played a snap at OU because he's been playing QB at Tulsa since his freshman year.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                I'm not 100% sure if he did. if he did, he never played a snap at OU because he's been playing QB at Tulsa since his freshman year.
                I did some research i guess i was thinking of someone else. I thought a qb tranferred once bomar was named starter a couple years back


                Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs

                Comment


                • #9
                  I think he is a good QB, but nothing more than a 6th rounder.

                  Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

                  Dream Pats Draft:
                  1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
                  2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
                  3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
                  3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
                  4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
                  5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
                  6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
                  7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                    He's a bit of a system QB so he's not likely to get drafted too high. You have to realize that Tulsa's OC Todd Dodge was known for his passing attacks while at Southlake Carroll. Entering the season he was probably a 7th round/UDFA kind of guy but this season and a strong postseason could raise his stock to around the 4th round. I still don't expect him to be anything more than a quality backup/spot starter in the league similiar to the career of another Tulsa quarterback, Gus Freotte.
                    I agree with you 100%. Teams have become alittle reluctant to draft QB's from a spread system (think B.j Symons, Cody Hodges, you get the point). I think he's a 6th rounder

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      i just don't see him being drafted without some crazy good workouts and what not before the draft

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by jbeans187 View Post
                        I did some research i guess i was thinking of someone else. I thought a qb tranferred once bomar was named starter a couple years back
                        you're probably thinking of Paul Thompson... but i think he moved to WR.


                        Sig by me... Hold the applause.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jbeans187 View Post
                          I did some research i guess i was thinking of someone else. I thought a qb tranferred once bomar was named starter a couple years back
                          There was a guy named Grady that transferred to Utah from OU.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X

                          Debug Information