Steve Slaton's Role in the NFL???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steve Slaton's Role in the NFL???

I don't think there is anyway he is an every down RB in the NFL. His hands are good... but I don't think they are great...

Can he be a Kevin Faulk type player in the NFL? I think this is best case scenario. Faulk has had a great NFL career so that is not a bad thing.

I think 5-7 Carries and 2-4 catches per game in the NFL would be my estimated productivity for him.

I am looking at him as a 3rd-4th rounder.

I think you're underrating him a bit. I was hoping this was a homer post so that I could say 'career backup' but you ruined my fun.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
    don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

I think career IR guy with tantalizing speed seems right to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Addict View Post
        I think you're underrating him a bit. I was hoping this was a homer post so that I could say 'career backup' but you ruined my fun.

Nah... For me a homer thread would start with Tony Temple being a first rounder and Martin Rucker in the top 5 overall. Not to mention the Aqib Talib is a 6th round talent at best...

Comment

Not a fan of Slaton at all. He's got some serious tools, but at the same time, he's an injury-prone wimp who disappears in big games for the most part.

Comment

Steve Slaton = Michael Bennett

Comment

Should be a gem in a 2 RB system. Sure hes not an every down back but hes a home run threat with some great versatility that any team could use.

Comment

Originally posted by jnew76 View Post
                I don't think there is anyway he is an every down RB in the NFL. His hands are good... but I don't think they are great...

Can he be a Kevin Faulk type player in the NFL? I think this is best case scenario. Faulk has had a great NFL career so that is not a bad thing.

I think 5-7 Carries and 2-4 catches per game in the NFL would be my estimated productivity for him.

I am looking at him as a 3rd-4th rounder.
                Sounds about right.

I know some people downgrade running backs who play in the spread, but one good thing the spread does is gets them used to running downhill once they make their first cut. So I think Slaton might actually be decent in a zone blocking scheme. How about Slaton as the change of pace back to Ryan Grant?
                aka KGB Chicken

Comment

Slaton = every other WVU RB who's gone to the NFL

Comment

I would love see him going to the Pats. So we can have a dual RB system: Maroney + Slaton.

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
                    1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
                    2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
                    3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
                    3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
                    4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
                    5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
                    6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
                    7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union

Comment

Originally posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
                      Sounds about right.

I know some people downgrade running backs who play in the spread, but one good thing the spread does is gets them used to running downhill once they make their first cut. So I think Slaton might actually be decent in a zone blocking scheme. How about Slaton as the change of pace back to Ryan Grant?
                      I could see him being a great RB for the Broncos because of his one-cut style although really anyone could do well there. Slaton could be a nice change of pace back to Ryan Grant however I sense it being a waste of a pick when they already have Jackson who has proven to be very effective in that role.

Comment

slaton=pure beast

maybe a good compliment to barber in dallas?

cred 2 BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by kwilk103 View Post
                          slaton=pure beast
                          .......in easy games. Once the pressure cranks up, Slaton tears his cooch, cramps up, gets "hurt" etc...He's too soft

Comment

Originally posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
                            Not a fan of Slaton at all. He's got some serious tools, but at the same time, he's an injury-prone wimp who disappears in big games for the most part.
                            He tore Georgia a new asshole.

In the right situation he reminds me of Tatum Bell when he was paired with Mike Anderson.
                            Virginia Tech.
                            ACC Champions 2004, 2007, 2008, 2010

Next Up: 2012

Comment

You know, it's funny. I clicked this thread thinking "I think he'd compare to Kevin Faulk" and it was already being discussed...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information