Draft Day Trades

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draft Day Trades

You heard it hear first, I am predicting two trades in the top 10 this year.

Trade #1:
    MIA trades the #1 pick to ATL for the right to the #3 pick, ATL's 2nd round pick & 3rd round pick, and ATL's 2009 1st round pick (chances go up even more if Hall is traded to OAK giving ATL another 2nd round pick)

ATL moves up to #1 to select Matt Ryan.
    STL draft Gholston.
    MIA moved down to #3 and gets the guy the want in Chris Long.

I donít think there is any way that ATL can go another season with Harrington or Redman as the QB. This team needs to bring excitement to the club, something that can sell tickets. Trading up to draft Ryan will do just that. If they can get the contract done, I think he could start early for this team. They will probably run heavy at first with Burner and Norwood giving Ryan time to adjust. To me this move just makes sense, and with owner Arthur Blank being a savvy businessman I think he will want to bring some excitement to this club. Also I want to point out the recent trend of QBís going #1. Itís not coincidence. Teams really find the QB position to be one of very few to be worth paying what is now considered #1 money. Matt Ryan's pro day is today, and I am predicting an Alex Smith workout.

Trade #2:
    OAK trades the #4 pick to DAL for the #22 pick, #28 pick, DAL's 2nd & 3rd round picks, and DAL 2009 1st round pick.

DAL selects Darren McFadden.

I think DAL is going to keep Marion Barber. However, I think Jerry wants to add some more firepower for Romo. Well, McFadden is Jerryís guy. It a smart move for the Raiders too because they already have some pretty good RBís on the team so to pick DMC at #4 really doesn't make a ton of sense for OAK, (unless Jordan and Rhodes are both getting cut). Getting these extra picks will help fill holes.

Those are the only two trades I am seeing right now. Of course when draft day is here it may be a little easier to read the board. Anyone else got predictions?
    INDIANAPOLIS COLTS: SUPER BOWL XLI CHAMPIONS!

Originally posted by IndyColtScout View Post
    Trade #2:
    OAK trades the #4 pick to DAL for the #22 pick, #28 pick, DAL's 2nd & 3rd round picks, and DAL 2009 1st round pick.

DAL selects Darren McFadden.
    That would be an absolute robbery. No way any team trade 3 1st round picks and a 2nd & 3rd to get a RB with character concerns to compliment the Pro Bowl RB they already have. If they did that Jerry Jones and their GM should be fired on the spot.

Comment

Hahahaha. Falcons and Cowboys fans are going to love you for these trades. I mean even I think they are incredibly lopsided and I hate both the teams getting screwed.

Comment

1. PATRIOTS trade the #7 pick to the SAINTS for their #10 pick and 3rd round pick.

SAINTS select: Glenn Dorsey/Sedrick Ellis

2. TEXANS trade the #18 pick to STEELERS for their #18 pick and a 3rd round pick.

STEELERS select:Branden Albert

Comment

Don't thank me, thank the draft value chart. Those were the only trades that work with the chart, and on top of that mostly all top 10 pick trades include future 1st round picks especially when trading for a QB #1. I am using the Eli trade here pretty much.

As for DAL, they don't have a lot of pressing needs so they could sacrifice the extra picks for a shot at a difference maker.

Comment

Originally posted by TACKLE View Post
            That would be an absolute robbery. No way any team trade 3 1st round picks and a 2nd & 3rd to get a RB with character concerns to compliment the Pro Bowl RB they already have. If they did that Jerry Jones and their GM should be fired on the spot.
            I'm not a DAL fan, but I would be pretty excited for Romo to have Barber and McFadden helping as well as TO, Witten, Glenn, and Crayton. Doesn't sound too bad to me.

Comment

Why would Atlanta trade up to take Ryan. I don't think they want him that bad. Even if Miami does take him they are still most likely left with Dorsey or J Long which would also really help that team.
              Penn State University - Detroit Red Wings - New York Jets - Red Bull New York - Fulham FC

Comment

I feel that this is easily the most realistic trade this year:

Philly trades their first round pick (#19) and their third round pick (and maybe a late round pick, depending on the value chart) to Buffalo for the #11 pick.

Philly selects: Ryan Clady, possibly Chris Williams if Clady is gone
                Buffalo selects: Malcolm Kelly, James Hardy, Devin Thomas or Limas Sweed, depending on their board.

#11 is too high for Buffalo to pick a WR, and Clady and Williams shouldn't both get passed Carolina, Chicago, Detroit, Arizona, Minnesota and Houston.
                Nick Foles are you really my daddy??!..?

Comment

I don't think either of those two top 10 trades are likely to happen. The most likely thing to happen would be someone trading up for Sedrick Ellis or Glenn Dorsey if one of them makes it to #6/#7. The most likely canidate would seem to be the Saints but I also could see the Broncos making a move too depending on how they feel about Ryan Harris at LT.

Comment

Long I could see, but Dorsey is not going top 5. Dorsery won't go top 10, maybe top 20. Dorsey is this years Aaron Rodgers/Brady Quinn except he isn't a QB. However Glenn is going to be sitting in that green room.

However, back to Ryan. I think ATL trades up for Ryan because of economics (paying a LT #3 money is ok though) and buzz for the city of ATL. Even if Long is picked, I doubt many will care if he is protecting Redman or Harrington.

The people of ATL need something to motivate them to go see the Falcons. I'm sorry but the addition of Burner and J. Long isn't enough to me. Ryan and Burner would generate huge buzz, because these are the two most important positions on offense.

Comment

Unless it comes out that Glenn Dorsey's injury is very serious he isn't going to fall very far at all.

Comment

Another thing, you guys have to incorporate the the value chart into trades.

Lets do the math for the #1 pick trade.

MIA #1 (3000 points)

ATL #3 (2200 points)
                        ATL #38 (520 points)
                        ATL #69 (245 points)
                        =2965 points, which is 35 points shy of making the trade work, which is why ATL has to throw in 2009 first round pick.

OAK #4 pick (1800 points)

DAL #22 (780 points)
                        DAL #28 (660 points)
                        DAL #62 (284 points)
                        DAL #93 (128 points)
                        = 1852, this trade could theoretically work without the 2009 1st rounder but because its for such a large margin for OAK to drop down, OAK will require the 2009 DAL 1st round pick (which like I said will be a 25-30 pick next year; not that big of a loss for DAL)

I don't see how either of these team trading up gets raped. Mathematically these trades make sense.

Comment

so they just let the team lose some picks and get a QB that isnt even a top5 talent?
                          makes no sense to me.
                          i dont get ur point with the economics either. Isnt it better to pay a QB #3 money then #1 money?
                          Dorsey wont drop past the Saints and the Bengals...

so a next years first round pick is worth 35 points??? ridiculous...

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
                            Unless it comes out that Glenn Dorsey's injury is very serious he isn't going to fall very far at all.
                            Dorsey's knee issues and the question of a stress fracture as well as long term injury issues as well as Dorsey not working out before the draft will make Dorsey fall. No doubt about it. Same thing will happen to J-Stew. Talent doesn't matter when you are talking about investing millions in a guy that might not play. Teams are paying the big bucks and will want their guys on the field, not sitting so maybe one day they can play.

I don't agree exactly, just telling it like it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Renji View Post
                              so they just let the team lose some picks and get a QB that isnt even a top5 talent?
                              makes no sense to me.
                              i dont get ur point with the economics either. Isnt it better to pay a QB #3 money then #1 money?
                              Dorsey wont drop past the Saints and the Bengals...

so a next years first round pick is worth 35 points??? ridiculous...
                              Its a trade for the #1 pick. Its not about 35 points. Everyone seriously needs to go back and look at the Eli trade.

Anytime you trade up to the #1 pick for a QB, you have to give up an arm and a leg. Sorry.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information