No announcement yet.

What was your best calls in the draft?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was your best calls in the draft?

Its always fun when you know a player will be good even though he has doubts and every one is putting him down. An example of some of mine in my three years of mock drafting:

1. Frank Gore: I knew he would succeed if he ever had a chance in San Fran if Barlow wasn't there. Coinedidentaly I had the right call and the right team

2. Maurice Jones-Drew: In my mock I called him a poor mans Reggie Bush. Seems like the other way around now.

3. Demeco Ryans: Out of college he just had "it" linebacker wise. He's a star now.

Those are just a few but I want to hear your alls best "I called it" picks from your mock draft.

Derrick Johnson being GODLY. I knew Donte Whitner was going to Buffalo.
    my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
    <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
    <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
    <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
    Originally posted by Hermstheman83
    What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Joking to my friend that we (the Lions) would take Mike Williams at #10 in 2005.

I don't joke about the draft anymore.
      I'm a state.

Comment

1. DeMeco Ryans being a stud
        2. Braylon Edwards being a TD machine
        3. Marcus Spears not being good
        4. J.J Arrington being terrible
        5. Bob Sanders being a mantank

Comment

In the Ware/Merriman draft, i was kinda upset that
          we didn't go with Merriman. I felt like he was gonna be beastly, and
          he is. Ware is an All-Pro in his own right, but "Lights Out" had 17 sacks
          in 12 games as a 2nd year player. That's just insane.

I felt the Jacob Rogers and Stephen Peterman picks were wasted when
          they picked, and that turned out right.

It may have seemed obvious but this past year i saw the Cle/Dal Trade
          as soon as Miami passed on him.

Comment

i had a friend who at one point said that the vikings would take troy williamson even if mike williams was still on the board. we all thought he was nuts but by god...it happened.

neither really worked out but hey, he was right.

personally, my best call was probably tommie harris to the bears and him being good. i caught a lot of flak from that one because a lot of people thought stephen jackson was going to them and also that harris was too undersized and not good......

i got that one right at least

Comment

Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
              2. Braylon Edwards being a TD machine
              3. Marcus Spears not being good
              5. Bob Sanders being a mantank
              2. Braylon Edwards being a TD machine - Might've been homer, did you say the same thing about Terrell?
              3. Marcus Spears not being good - Did you really do that? That's impressive, I thought he was going be be an All-Pro
              5. Bob Sanders being a mantank - Still pissed he was too small for Joe

I've had countless ones. But I've been following this stuff for 15 years, kind of figure out how it goes. In no order......
              1. Knowing David Carr was garage
              2. Knowing Alex Smith was garbage
              3. A year from now, knowing Aaron Rodgers will be a star
              4. Roethlisberger winning a SB
              5. LJ dropping so far was insane (he's still the #3 RB in the NFL)
              6. Making fun of sniper for saying Justin King is a 3rd-4th round pick months ago
              7. Not a draft thing, but Trent Edwards will be a top 10 QB this year

I could go on forever......

Comment

i said the titans would take lenwhale

Comment

Derrick Johnson being GODLY.
                  I thought the same thing. I was really happy Merriman went before him on draft day.. might not have been the best thing TODAY because Merriman is a gd beast, but I'm still very happy with DJs production.. and he's only going to get better.
                  Last edited by vidae; 03-19-2008, 08:32 PM.

Originally posted by fenikz
                  His soft D really turns me off
                  ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by reigle9 View Post
                    2. Braylon Edwards being a TD machine - Might've been homer, did you say the same thing about Terrell?
                    3. Marcus Spears not being good - Did you really do that? That's impressive, I thought he was going be be an All-Pro

I've had countless ones. But I've been following this stuff for 15 years, kind of figure out how it goes. In no order......
                    6. Making fun of sniper for saying Justin King is a 3rd-4th round pick months ago

If David Carr was a garage he wouldn't get sacked half as much as he does.

Comment

Originally posted by reigle9 View Post

I'm gonna have to disagree with those two i put in bold.
                      David Carr was a great athlete, and showed huge progression
                      as the years went on, but the geniuses running the Texans organization
                      never got a team around him. He got killed time and time again
                      and you can't really put a lot of those on him, he had a High School-esque
                      offensive line all of his career there.
                      He can blame his long list of current injuries on that and no one would
                      disagree.

As for Trent Edwards being a top 10 qb THIS year..
                      that's a huge stretch at best.
                      6 qb's go to the Pro Bowl.. are you saying that
                      he's gonna be JUST short of being a Pro-Bowler?
                      Brady, Peyton, Eli, Palmer, Roethlisberger, Romo, Hasselbeck,
                      Anderson, Rivers, Cutler, Garrard, Garcia, Brees, Bulger, McNabb.

All head and shoulders better.

Comment

Here are some of mine:

- Shaun Rogers was one of my favorite prospects. I know he has some motivation and weight issues, but there is no question that he was a steal in the 2nd round.

- When I first joined NFLDC, I had a friendly argument with a poster by the name of Toonsterwu (perhaps you guys know him) regarding 49ers QB Alex Smith. I felt that he was a MAJOR reach at 1st overall and that 9ers were very unlucky that several top juniors (Matt Leinart, D'Brickashaw Ferguson) decided to stay in school. Perhaps Smith can still salvage his career, but it doesn't look very good right now.

- Before the 2006 draft, I have had arguments with several of NFLDC posters regarding the importance of height for a RB. I have always felt that height is NOT an advantage for a RB and was very high on Maurice Jones-Drew. I had him rated ahead of Maroney. A lot of posters on this site felt he's the next Darren Sproles, something I didn't understand.

- I always felt that Joey Harrington was a bit overhyped. But perhaps I shouldn't take credit for this one, because I did think he would be a solid NFL QB.

- Colts' fans on this board will confirm this, I felt that Colts' DT Ed Johnson was a good prospect. When news of his signing broke out, I was excited and wanted him to make the roster. With that said, I am a bit surprised that he's a successful NT, I always felt that he would be more of a UT.

There might some others I am forgetting.
                        Last edited by MaxV; 03-19-2008, 09:03 PM.

Comment

I was a huge Justin Tuck fan, and really wanted the Bengals to take him in the 2nd round

Comment

Originally posted by AkiliSmith View Post
                            I was a huge Justin Tuck fan, and really wanted the Bengals to take him in the 2nd round
                            Did you also predict you'd go #3 overall and be a total bust? I keeeeeed

Comment

Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                              Joking to my friend that we (the Lions) would take Mike Williams at #10 in 2005.

I don't joke about the draft anymore.
                              HAHA...that's incredible

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information