My Top Ten Non-Busts of 2008

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Top Ten Non-Busts of 2008

These are my safe picks for not being busts in the NFL.

#10- Glenn Dorsey DT LSU

#9- Kenny Philips S Miami

#8- Brandon Albert OG Virginia

#7- DeSean Jackson WR California

#6- Phillip Merling DE Clemson

#5- Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh

#4- Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois

#3- Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon

#2- Vernon Gholston DE Ohio State

#1- Jake Long OT Michigan

DeSean Jackson being on there is a little weird especially with how some people in the NFL hit and the other Long not being on there is a little strange.

Few other questions but nothing wrong with the rest.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

I'd say almost half that list has a decent chance of being a bust.

Comment

Gholston, Merling, Jackson, and Dorsey are all guys I probably wouldn't normally have on this list; injury concerns for the last 3 and I think if Gholston gets an opportunity like Bobby Carpenter got he might end up in a similar situation. To a 4-3 team I would put him on this list, to a 3-4 team I'd have to knock him down a couple of places, and I'm an Ohio State fan.

Comment

Gholston seems to be a very well educated young man with non-character issues. And I can actually understand him when he talks. And that's coming from a Penn St. fan.

Jackson at the very least is a very good return man and has a nice 10 year career. Best case scenario he ends up the next Marvin Harrison.

Comment

Jeff Otah has bust written on him IMHO

Comment

Originally posted by terribletowel39 View Post
              DeSean Jackson being on there is a little weird especially with how some people in the NFL hit and the other Long not being on there is a little strange.

Few other questions but nothing wrong with the rest.
              I agree with you 100 %

Having Jackson on the list but not Chris Long makes little to no sense at all.

Chris Long is easily the safest pick in the draft. Bottom Line.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Originally posted by SmarterThanU View Post
                Gholston seems to be a very well educated young man with non-character issues. And I can actually understand him when he talks. And that's coming from a Penn St. fan.

Jackson at the very least is a very good return man and has a nice 10 year career. Best case scenario he ends up the next Marvin Harrison.
                LOL, that is always a plus when you can understand when they talk.

Comment

Your not smarter than me, no chance

Comment

Merling=Huge Bust

Comment

Merling wont have much of an impact...so i suppose you could call that a bust.

Comment

Jonathan Stewart has high bust potential. Still don't mind him as a prospect but I really don't see what the big deal about him is
                        Check out my blog and website:
                        www.4thand99.com

Comment

Originally posted by SmarterThanU View Post
                          These are my safe picks for not being busts in the NFL.

#10- Glenn Dorsey DT LSU

#9- Kenny Philips S Miami

#8- Brandon Albert OG Virginia

#7- DeSean Jackson WR California

#6- Phillip Merling DE Clemson

#5- Jeff Otah OT Pittsburgh

#4- Rashard Mendenhall RB Illinois

#3- Jonathan Stewart RB Oregon

#2- Vernon Gholston DE Ohio State

#1- Jake Long OT Michigan
                          Otah, Merling, Jackson, and Mendenhall all could be busts, they are not safe picks. They all have a lot to learn to be successful in the NFL.

Comment

#10-Dorsey - no - while he seems very solid, his injury concerns are too much to overlook for me

#9-Phillips - ok - ill agree as statistically, first round safeties have the best chance out of any position of making the pro bowl. good indicator and i like phillips.

#8-Albert - ok - he needs to find his true pro position but he will work out, even if it is just sticking inside at guard

#7 - Jackson - nooooooo way - receivers might be the 2nd most hit or miss position after QB. and hes an enigma to boot, might not have true #1 WR potential

#6- Merling - no - DE is hard to project. he could be a good all around end but appear to be a bust if he doesnt generate double digit sacks every year. I think hell be a good player but he has a good chance of busting too based on what expectations would be for a first round DE

#5 - Otah - no - I personally believe his long term LT potential may be limited and he may be a RT only kind of guy. While i think someone will get a good, mauler and run blocker, his pass protection skills and low potential may make him seem like a bust in the long run.

#4 - Mendenhall - ok - running backs are usually a pretty safe bet barring injuries.

#3 - Stewart - ok - ill buy it but his injury and surgery should at least drop him below mendenhall

#2 - Gholston - no - like i said earlier, pass rushers are hard to project and can be considered a bust if they dont bring the sacks consistently.

#1 - Jake Long - no - you got the last name right as i believe chris long is a very very safe pick. but jake...no. usually big OT's are good and safe, but some question his LT potential and also, robert gallery was supposed to be a very safe pick but that didnt end well....

so overall, i disagree with a good number of these and would like it to be known that no player is really safe. they all carry some risk and in the end, usually only about half live up to expectations anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by T-RICH49 View Post
                              Jeff Otah has bust written on him IMHO
                              I second that!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information