Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brandon ore to enter sup. draft?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200....ap/index.html

well hes not going back to VT anyway. think hed get drafted in the supplemental?

a team might give up a 7th round or 6th

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I doubt it... he's only a mid-late round prospect without the many off-field problems.

Comment

I'm sure that a team will take a chance on him in the 6th or 7th round of the supplemental.

Baltimore: 7-4

Comment

Originally posted by Yung Flippa View Post
          I'm sure that a team will take a chance on him in the 6th or 7th round of the supplemental.
          Ok, why? What does he bring to the table?

Comment

i think the only way someone takes him in the sup. draft is if a team suddenly finds themself in need of a young RB and doesnt want to risk letting him hit FA and someone else snapping him up.

Comment

Originally posted by FA1 View Post
              I doubt it... he's only a mid-late round prospect without the many off-field problems.
              Agree completely....there are more than enough talented backs in this year's draft to go around with equal or superior talent to Ore and better character.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Ore is such a waste of talent.

If he could actually grow up and commit himself, there's no reason to believe he wouldn't be a special player. Unfortunately, that's not the case.

Comment

wouldnt mind it with a 7th round pick, he showed flashes and before this year, i thought he was definately top 5 in his class. how many players do you get in the 7th round that actually make the team and stay on it for more than a couple years, very few... so by taking a chance with a younger guy who wouldve been a mid-late rounder anyway if not for getting ousted by VT because of character issues.

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                    wouldnt mind it with a 7th round pick, he showed flashes and before this year, i thought he was definately top 5 in his class. how many players do you get in the 7th round that actually make the team and stay on it for more than a couple years, very few... so by taking a chance with a younger guy who wouldve been a mid-late rounder anyway if not for getting ousted by VT because of character issues.
                    I would consider giving up a 7th rounder to keep him OFF my team.

Comment

I would consider giving up a 7th rounder to keep him OFF my team.
                      well this is pretty much the only time ive heard of a big incident where character problems arose, so that makes no sense...

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                        well this is pretty much the only time ive heard of a big incident where character problems arose, so that makes no sense...
                        Then you need to do more research. This was neither the first, nor the second incident in his college career. He's had academic issues, work ethic issues, and legal issues, most notably for alleged possession of marijuana and crack/cocaine.

Comment

Why should he do that when he could go to some D-2 team, start, and get drafted in a weak draft class in '09.

Comment

Then you need to do more research. This was neither the first, nor the second incident in his college career. He's had academic issues, work ethic issues, and legal issues, most notably for alleged possession of marijuana and crack/cocaine.
                            i dont like hearing that, but he's worth a 7th, he's got potential.

Comment

Originally posted by DraftKidWonder View Post
                              Why should he do that when he could go to some D-2 team, start, and get drafted in a weak draft class in '09.
                              i kind of doubt a guy with character issues dropping from D-1 to D-2 will do anything to help his draft stock.

even in a weak class, a guy like that wouldnt work out

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information