Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kevin Smith runs in the 4.4s at Pro Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Kevin Smith runs in the 4.4s at Pro Day

    Smith said he is a “chiseled 217 pounds” now after adding about nine pounds of muscle and felt good after his first of what will several upcoming individual workouts for teams.

    “I got some good feedback from the teams,” he said Thursday. “It wasn’t perfect. But if they’re not lying to me they said I did a good job. It was my first one, but I was comfortable.

    “I feel like I’ll improve and get better for the later workouts, but I was comfortable in what I was doing. I thought I caught the ball good with only one drop and I think I ran well.”

    Smith said he ran a better 40-yard dash time than he did at the NFL Combine last month (4.53) and was clocked between a 4.4 and 4.49 on Thursday.

    “I just know I cracked 4.4,” he said. “That was my goal...And I definitely wanted to show them I came out and got better.”


    He said he had to adapt to some different type of drills on Thursday, but said overall things turned out well.
    http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/spo...lds-pro-d.html

    Also, apparently the Panthers took him out to dinner...

  • #2
    It is very rare that pro teams will look at a 40 time from a pro day and use it over a combine time where everybody ran on the same track. Smith is pretty well fixed at his draft position on team's boards, probably a 3rd rounder or maybe very late 2nd round.
    And proud of it!!!

    Comment


    • #3
      I wonder if he had sex with the Panthers. They usually expect that sort of thing after dinner.


      Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

      Comment


      • #4
        http://youtube.com/user/imkevinsmith

        Kevin Smith's video blog....he's a little cocky but he seems very smart, dedicated and has some personality. I like his character.

        sig by BoneKrusher

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by etk View Post
          http://youtube.com/user/imkevinsmith

          Kevin Smith's video blog....he's a little cocky but he seems very smart, dedicated and has some personality. I like his character.
          I'm not sure why, but there's something about a draft prospect having a youtube blog talking himself up and whining about not getting "shown love" before the draft, completely turns me off. There goes any interest I had in drafting him.
          Last edited by bearsfan_51; 03-21-2008, 12:05 PM.


          Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
            I'm not sure why, but there's something about a draft prospect having a youtube blog talking himself up and whining about not getting "shown love" before the draft, completely turns me off.
            All he's doing is showing some personality, and he doesn't come across as a "me-first" selfish person so I don't see the problem. He's marketing himself to the public which shows he has a business sense. The cup is always half-empty with you or what?

            sig by BoneKrusher

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by FinNasty View Post
              http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/spo...lds-pro-d.html

              Also, apparently the Panthers took him out to dinner...
              I actually think that Kevin Smith would be a great compliment to Williams in Carolina. He should be available in the 3rd, so it would be a nice pick-up for them.


              Originally posted by Halsey
              I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by etk View Post
                All he's doing is showing some personality, and he doesn't come across as a "me-first" selfish person so I don't see the problem. He's marketing himself to the public which shows he has a business sense. The cup is always half-empty with you or what?
                He actually gives himself a "pat on the back", his whole rants are about "shocking the world", and the one about people not showing him enough love I thought was pretty lame. He just comes off like a very insecure and narcissitic person. I realize that this is probably 20-30% of all football players today, but I would prefer to not have those types on my team.

                And a buisiness sense? Please...look at the comments on most of them. He looks like an ass. If he had a business sense he would be humble and personable. He would volunteer to help out in New Orleans. OR, he would keep his yap shut, prove himself as an NFL player, and THEN try to market himself. I'm worried about guys that want to play football, not guys that want to get shoe contracts.


                Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                  I'm not sure why, but there's something about a draft prospect having a youtube blog talking himself up and whining about not getting "shown love" before the draft, completely turns me off. There goes any interest I had in drafting him.
                  450 Attemps is a huge turn off to me
                  Last edited by The Legend; 03-21-2008, 12:16 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Talk on Kevin Smith is that he's a better player than person. Take from that what you will, if anything.
                    Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      If I were DeAngelo Williams I'd feel a little disrespected if the Panthers choose to keep him in a two RB system rather than let him be the clear cut starter.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                        If I were DeAngelo Williams I'd feel a little disrespected if the Panthers choose to keep him in a two RB system rather than let him be the clear cut starter.
                        There are very few teams in the NFL that don't employ a 2 back system. Even LT had Michael Turner.


                        Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                          There are very few teams in the NFL that don't employ a 2 back system. Even LT had Michael Turner.
                          Michael Turner had very few carries this year. I'm just saying I don't think the Panthers need to spend such a high pick on a second RB right now. They really have needs at LB, DT, TE, and QB

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                            There are very few teams in the NFL that don't employ a 2 back system. Even LT had Michael Turner.
                            LT had over 300 carries, Turner had 70. I would not call that a two back system. Every single team in the league uses more than one runningback throughout the game, that doesn't make them all two back systems though. Jacksonville with Fred Taylor and MJD, and Dallas with Barber and whoever else they'll get, among others are two back systems. I do agree that Williams should be paired with someone else though.

                            I also agree with what you've said on Kevin Smith. This only makes him look like an ass.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by GB12 View Post

                              I also agree with what you've said on Kevin Smith. This only makes him look like an ass.
                              I think a lot of pro players make themselves look ridiculous but they do produce results so having a strong ego doesn't seem to mean much, it certainly hasn't made TO or Johnson undesirable commodities.
                              And proud of it!!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information