Who Is Going To This Year's Reach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who Is Going To This Year's Reach

Last year, Ted Ginn Jr. at the 9th pick.

2 years ago, Jon McCargo with I believe the 26th pick (He hasnt shown much but he is going to be a beast next to Stroud this year)

Who is going to be this years reach?

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!

Probably one of those OTs that Kansas City might pick at #5: Clady or Otah.

Comment

There is no proof that Ginn was a reach, that's just the opinion of a lot of guru's not necessarily pro GM's and scouting departments. Ginn will be Miami's #1 WR this coming season as they already dumped Chambers I believe, so Bill Parcells is showing a lot of confidence in Ginn's ability to be his #1 guy and to be a star in the NFL.
      And proud of it!!!

Comment

It will likely be a QB as a lot of teams are desperate and QB's tend to be drafted higher than their talent warrents due to the importance of the position.
        And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Iamcanadian View Post
          that's just the opinion of a lot of guru's
          Apostrophes are not needed in plural words. Sorry, it's a huge pet peeve of mine.

DeSean Jackson will be a reach anywhere in the first round.

Comment

I am not sold that Talib is a 1st round talent but he could be taken in the late teens.

Comment

There is no proof that Ginn was a reach, that's just the opinion of a lot of guru's not necessarily pro GM's and scouting departments. Ginn will be Miami's #1 WR this coming season as they already dumped Chambers I believe, so Bill Parcells is showing a lot of confidence in Ginn's ability to be his #1 guy and to be a star in the NFL.

I agree I think Parcells knows he has a better version of Terry Glenn in his prime on his hands.

Comment

I will probably get blasted for this...BUT...Vernon Gholston

I think he will be an awesome player dont get me wrong, but when players like Demarcus Ware and Shawne Merriman go in the teens and Gholston goes top 5...the value doesnt seem there to me.

But that is likely to do with the lack of great prospects at the top of the draft class...so its a moot point i suppose.

Comment

Aqib Talib, Matt Ryan, Derrick Harvey there all overhyped and overrated IMO and all are probably going to be gone before 20

Comment

Is Parcell's REALLY showing confidence in Ginn ? There isn't THAT much proof out there to justify that just yet. Just because they didn't get in on the WR's available in FA other than Wilford doesn't mean that they aren't still looking at options. He could pull off a draft day trade for a WR still or he could either draft a WR in the 2nd or trade up into the 1st ahead of Tennessee or Washington to get a guy he really covets as well. ;)

Comment

keylime's got it right. The Chiefs will reach on Clady or Otah ala Arizona last year with Levi
                      We ALL bleed scarlet
                      New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                      UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                      Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                      BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Originally posted by TyronePoole38 View Post
                        Is Parcell's REALLY showing confidence in Ginn ? There isn't THAT much proof out there to justify that just yet. Just because they didn't get in on the WR's available in FA other than Wilford doesn't mean that they aren't still looking at options. He could pull off a draft day trade for a WR still or he could either draft a WR in the 2nd or trade up into the 1st ahead of Tennessee or Washington to get a guy he really covets as well. ;)
                        Bill Parcells operates on a simple system and there can be no doubt that when he unloaded his 2 starting WR's, it was showing an awful lot of confidence in Ginn's ability to be his #1 guy. He may have options but they are all for a #2 WR. If Parcells can find his HC a starting QB, Ginn could have a huge season, but that is a big if.
                        And proud of it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakey View Post
                          I will probably get blasted for this...BUT...Vernon Gholston

I think he will be an awesome player dont get me wrong, but when players like Demarcus Ware and Shawne Merriman go in the teens and Gholston goes top 5...the value doesnt seem there to me.

But that is likely to do with the lack of great prospects at the top of the draft class...so its a moot point i suppose.
                          i think part of the reason that gholston is so highly rated, is the success that both ware and merriman have had.

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)

Comment

I feel like every year there is a reach for a DT in the first (Harrell in 07 and McCargo in 06). I could see a team like the Broncos drafting Balmer or possibly someone in the top-20 picking Trevor Laws.

Originally posted by Halsey
                            I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.

Comment

Kentwan Balmer

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information