Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best Way to Build a Team: Draft or Free Agency?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Way to Build a Team: Draft or Free Agency?

I didn't know where to put this forum so I put it here.

I say draft because its proven by many teams (Packers, Chargers, Patriots) that it is a successful, long term solution.

It's the draft. Hands down.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig

Comment

It is obviously the draft, but teams like to fill the last pieces of their puzzle with free agents. I like the draft deal a whole lot, but I dont mind spending some money and grabbing some free agents as well.

Comment

Draft without a doubt!

Comment

It's easily the draft. Too many teams are resigning their key players early that the chances of multiple impact players reaching FA is slimmer. Add in the additional cost of FA.

That said, an effective team still has to be able to search FA.

Comment

i don't see any teams in the nfl who have been bought winning championships so gotta be the draft

Comment

It's definitely the draft. Free Agency can be a crutch. The Chiefs are in full rebuilding mode because we used FA too much to patch holes instead of drafting younger players to be long term solutions.

Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

I defenitly agree I just wanted to see if anybody would say free agency.

Comment

^^^Draft def

Comment

I would like to see someone try and defend FA.

Comment

I know this is stupid, it's obviously the draft. Someone defend the free agency logic or lock this thread

Comment

well I thinks it's the draft, hands down, but letme try to defend FA for giggles:

For the immediate future, FA is much more important. You need to bring in role players to fill holes. If you can find a good role player, especially for a "show me" contract ala Kawika Mitchell last year, you get a very good player. Rookies are proven to develop better when sitting a year under tutiledge from a vet at their position. Rookies also don't often come in and contribute right away.

Now i know it's not "building" persay, but hell, I tried
                        We ALL bleed scarlet
                        New York Giants Super Bowl 46 Champs
                        UNITED: I actually attend the college I root for
                        Originally posted by PalmerToCJ
                        BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Comment

Just to go outside of the obvious choice, you can argue free agency by....
                          never mind, you can't.

Comment

drafting until your at the doorstep of the super bowl and then get a big name FA that you need to add the last piece (patriots, Randy Moss)

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

i would really like to just try and do an argument for free agency but i just cant come up with anything....

like most people have been saying, draft draft draft! and then when your close, fill your last few holes with some FAs to get you over the hump.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information