Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats a draft scenario that you would just hate...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats a draft scenario that you would just hate...

let me hear some. im really hoping im not the only person who would be dangerously upset if my team made some certain draft choices that are actually within the realm of possibility.

so what are some picks your team could make that would just have you throwing the remote through your tv screen in a fit of rage and/or curl up on the floor in the fetal position crying?

heres one for my bears: matt ryan falls to them. (or, god forbid, they trade up for him)

I would probably calmly stand up, turn off the tv, go lay down in bed and weep at the loss of the next 3-4 years of my life watching him play miserably. i would have to see his 19 picks last season turn into 35 at the pro level as he gets sacked by defenders blowing past the lineman we dont have, throw to receivers we dont have, and hand off to running backs that we dont have. all positions that could be addressed in round 1 that would do more wonders for this team....

so you can bet your ass that if the phins, falcons, chiefs and ravens all pass on ryan, i will be somewhere slowly losing all of my marbles......

so lets hear some situations that would send you off screaming if you found your team in.

What QBs from this class don't you hate?

Comment

The bengals missing out on gholston, ellis, and dorsey, then marvin picking kentwan balmer or keith rivers. this is a very realistic possibility too which is the worst part.

Big ups to jkpigskin for the sig.

Comment

The Saints reaching on Balmer at 10. Or taking a kicker or QB at 10. I really wouldn't have a problem with anything else, though.
        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

I wouldnt be too dissapointed with any of the Steelers picks...i trust them allot! I think the worst case scenario would be to reach for a player like Justin King when he is so unproven...but yet again that could pay off in the long run.

Comment

I was originally very against the Lions taking Harvey at 15. And while I still don't think he's the elite pass rusher some people are calling him, or even a very good pass rusher, I'm starting to think he's a good enough pass rusher and am warming up to the idea a bit. Basically I wouldn't be too upset with any pick (other than the obvious joke as a Lions fan). I would however be upset if we traded up to get someone since we have so many holes to fill.

Originally posted by Jakey
            WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakey View Post
              I wouldnt be too dissapointed with any of the Steelers picks...i trust them allot! I think the worst case scenario would be to reach for a player like Justin King when he is so unproven...but yet again that could pay off in the long run.
              I agree this and if the Ravens or Bengals get Ellis or Dorsey

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
              Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

Originally posted by AlexDown View Post
                What QBs from this class don't you hate?
                i dont mind brohm in round 2. same goes for flacco there or after. i love woodson but it looks real unlike the bears will draft him. josh johnson is worth a look by me 3rd round or after. i like JDB or ainge or that kid from san diego st. o'connell maybe? ill look it up in a second here. but theyre all good by me as late round picks.

i just dont like matt ryan or chad henne at all as pro prospects

edit: yeah, o'connell

Comment

I'll second that ironman, i would be pissed if the Steelers traded up (they have only got 6 picks). I dont believe there is a player worth trading up for in this draft, the top end is thin and the whole class is deep.

Comment

With the 10th selection in the 2008 NFL Draft, the New Orleans Saints select Keith Rivers, LB, USC.

I would break the TV, vomit and I don't know what else.

Comment

If the Bucs take Kentwan Balmer at 20 I will be very pissed

Comment

Fujita is much more than "okay".. outside of say, Will Smith and Mike McKenzie he's our best defensive player. He consistency makes plays.
                        The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Comment

I'm a Bengal fan...

When Dorsey comes off the board, I'm going to start to get antsy. If Ellis gets snatched before the Bengals pick, I will seriously ask God what the city of Cincinnati ever did to him, and ask why he hates us Bengal fans.

Worst case scenario for me: We're on the clock, Ellis is sitting right there, Bengal fans everywhere are getting ready to celebrate, and Goodell announces someone else's name. That'll be the worst moment ever. As ridiculous as that sounds, I could see that happening. It's like the year that Marvin and his coaches thought that Chris Perry would be a better RB than Steven Jackson.

If the DT's are gone, whoever the Bengals draft will be disappointing. My guess is that they would go for an OT, and there is no pick less-sexy than drafting an offensive lineman.

Comment

Taking a gamble on DRC or McKelvin at 10 is risky. The chances of a CB being drafted and immediately making a contribution is highly unlikely. Revis did a damn good job at it last year and Aaron Ross was clutch too, but for the most part CBs don't come in make an immediate impact. My realistic Saints draft board is:

1. Glenn Dorsey
                            2. Sedrick Ellis
                            3. Jake Long
                            4. Rashard Mendenhall
                            5. Leonis McKelvin

Fujita plays his position damn well for us and until Vilma shows he is healthy and the same player he was in the 4-3, Fujita is our best linebacker. I think Keith Rivers would be great, but if went take someone other than him I'd be fine too because this draft is LB deep. Curtis Lofton in the second would be great too.

Comment

Originally posted by MooshooGawd View Post
                              I'm a Bengal fan...

When Dorsey comes off the board, I'm going to start to get antsy. If Ellis gets snatched before the Bengals pick, I will seriously ask God what the city of Cincinnati ever did to him, and ask why he hates us Bengal fans.
                              I honestly think the Saints will make a trade with the Ravens to move up and grab Ellis just to stick it to their division rival.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information