Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wonderlic scores get out

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...,7471355.story

not all are posted but the ones for some of the top prospects are.

here, in case your too lazy to read it:

Matt Ryan - 32
    Brian Brohm - 32
    Joe Flacco - 27
    Chad Henne - 22 (<- "Haw Haw!")

Jake Long - 26
    Jeff Otah - 28
    Sam Baker - 27
    Chris Williams - 32
    Gosder Cherilus - 25
    Brandon Albert - 23

Jerod Mayo - 26
    Keith Rivers - 16
    Kenny Phillips - 16

thought these were supposed to be more closely guarded than this.....oh well

thoughts? impact?

well I think henne is stupid now...thats about all I learned. Rivers scored pretty low. I remember when everyone had a hissy about VY's wonderlic scores. These dont seem as shocking.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
    Originally posted by BaLLiN72
    i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
    Originally posted by Job
    NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

look at Chris Williams with 32 nice

just wondering what is HIGH and AVG and LOW?

Comment

Originally posted by The Legend View Post
        look at Chris Williams with 32 nice

just wondering what is HIGH and AVG and LOW?
        The average for the population as a whole is supposed to be about 20.

Comment

VY struggles as a passer and does well by running around. Concerns about his wonderlic score as it relates to his long term ability as a quarterback in the NFL are still valid in my book.

Comment

Kenny Phillips 16, i dont think thats very good, safeties have to make good decisions because they are the last line of defense...

Comment

Football knowledge and the knowledge that those tests ask you about are completely different. I still think the Wonderlic is stupid. Maybe if it asked a better range of questions or something, then I could see it as a valid test and maybe even a barometer for success in the NFL, but it doesnt. Its just something people get hyped up for almost no reason.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Comment

Originally posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
                Kenny Phillips 16, i dont think thats very good, safeties have to make good decisions because they are the last line of defense...
                That's true, but the Wonderlic doesn't necessarily measure football intelligence. For a QB, it's pretty important, OL as well, but outside of that, it isn't that big of a deal.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                Originally posted by njx9
                do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Very nice to see Chris Williams get a 32 especially for a position where you do need some brains.

Comment

I think the most relevance with the wonderlic is not as an indicator of "intelligence" but preparation and work ethic. I'm not sure how many people here have written wonderlic sample tests but they really aren't hard. If somebody without a learning difficulty studies, and prepares for them they should do pretty well. As such a low score is an indicator of several things, lack of preperation, poor work ethic, not taking the process seriously or having a mental block during the test (which is an indication of not having strong nerves which is important for any position when they have a given assignment on a play and have to perform while exhausted in front of hundreds of thousands of fans with their livelyhoods on the line).
                    10 Favourite prospects for 2010: Colt McCoy, Dez Bryant, Golden Tate, Noel Devine, Ndamukong Suh, Greg Hardy, Eric Norwood, Travis Lewis, Eric Berry, Trevard Lindley

Comment

http://potencial.wordpress.com/2008/...derlic-scores/

^Tons more. Tracy Porter scored a 4.

Comment

22 is actually good enough, anything above 20 is solid.

Follow Me on Twitter!
                        https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Comment

How do you go from a 17 to a 50 if you're Wallace Gilberry? Good thing some of these guys can play football or they'd probably be cleaning up middle school bathrooms as janitors.

Comment

Olineman should always be the 1st or 2nd smartest guys on the field.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Nice to see Chris Long with a high score. 34 or 45, both terrific.

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
                              - For daily NFL draft coverage:
                              www.twitter.com/ryanlownes

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information