what's the knock on brian brohm?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what's the knock on brian brohm?

i remember a couple years ago people were talking about what a perfect qb prospect he was. then this year louiville threw quite a bit so it might have skewed his stats, but that shouldn't hurt him should it? what does he do bad?

and is he the bro of the xfl qb?

i'd love if the fins got him in round 2 and just let beck and him battle it out to start since the new regime didn't draft beck anyway. but he still deserves a fair shot.

brohm is my fav. qb in this years class

the negatives ive heard are ability to make all the throws and mobility

Comment

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=114428&spln=1

mobility shouldnt be that much of a concern after that.

like others have said, hes my fav. QB too. though i dont think he ceiling is superstar high. I think he would be a pro bowl caliber QB with good talent around him, someone like a matt hasselbeck or marc bulger. i dont think he'll ever be a guy who carries his team, but i like him more than ryan and a LOT more than say....chad henne

Comment

People will tell you he doesn't have great arm strength, he didn't make NFL throws in college, and they'll say he's not mobile and isn't a vocal team leader. I'd take him over "Nasty" Ice anyday though.

Comment

Weren't people saying he'd be the first QB taken last year if he declared for the draft? He had better stats this year than last. I think the problem is that Louisville didn't do too well this year, finishing 6-6 and not qualifying for a bowl game.

He's my favorite QB to come out this year. I'd rather the Chiefs take him at 5 than Ryan.

Originally posted by fenikz
          His soft D really turns me off
          ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

dammit now where are all you anti-ryan people when im in a discussion arguing against ryan? i always feel like im the only person not deepthroating ryan during those.....

Comment

My biggest problem with him is the durability.

With that said he is definitely suffering from the same type of over-analysis that Matt Leinart and Brady Quinn went through. In my mind he isn't a Top 10 pick but he is definitely a first rounder. The problem is if he gets past the first half of round one who needs a quarterback. And that isn't a rhetorical question... Please let me know where he would fit between #17 and #31 barring a trade.
              Scott Wright, President
              Draft Countdown.com
              www.draftcountdown.com

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
              www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Comment

I'm anti-ryan even though my teams not looking to draft a QB.

Comment

Originally posted by vidae-KC View Post
                  Weren't people saying he'd be the first QB taken last year if he declared for the draft? He had better stats this year than last. I think the problem is that Louisville didn't do too well this year, finishing 6-6 and not qualifying for a bowl game.

He's my favorite QB to come out this year. I'd rather the Chiefs take him at 5 than Ryan.
                  Well that was untill the emergence of Ryan, and the fact that he couldn't carry the team on his back to a better record. He would have a better shot at being #2 qb had he preformed well this year. Stats don't all ways mean great things, its more mechanics and accuracy.

Comment

Please let me know where he would fit between #17 and #31 barring a trade.
                    What about Tampa Bay? Do they feel Chris Simms will be the starter once Jeff Garcia retires? He's 38.

I agree with you, I don't think he goes anywhere towards the latter half of the first round, but that's the only team I could maybe see wanting a first round signal caller. Of course, if you meant someone to start this year you're absolutely right, he will probably fall to round 2. :)

Originally posted by fenikz
                    His soft D really turns me off
                    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Wright View Post
                      My biggest problem with him is the durability.

With that said he is definitely suffering from the same type of over-analysis that Matt Leinart and Brady Quinn went through. In my mind he isn't a Top 10 pick but he is definitely a first rounder. The problem is if he gets past the first half of round one who needs a quarterback. And that isn't a rhetorical question... Please let me know where he would fit between #17 and #31 barring a trade.
                      All slim chances but maybe the Vikings, Bucs, or 49ers if they're gonna be done with Alex Smith after this season.

Comment

tampa maybe like vidae said but theyve got more QBs already on their roster than......well i cant think of a good comparison but they have more quarterbacks than any nfl team really needs

Comment

I think Tampa will wait and get either Booty or Johnson
                          As much as i like Brohm, he is destined for round 2
                          Unless ATL does the smart thing and picks him instead of Ryan if Long is off the board

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
                            I think Tampa will wait and get either Booty or Johnson
                            As much as i like Brohm, he is destined for round 2
                            Unless ATL does the smart thing and picks him instead of Ryan if Long is off the board
                            yeah, JJ has gruden written all over him. I think he makes one hell of a WCO QB someday

Comment

Well like the Eagles last year one of the teams are going to trade out of the first into the second with the Falcons and thus the Falcons are going to get a new qb.

With not trades I would say maybe the Viks finally give up, Bears take a chance on him in second.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information