What was your biggest draft miss?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was your biggest draft miss?

I'm sure we have bad threads like this before but what was your biggest draft miss?

By draft miss I mean a guy that you thought would be great but be turned out to bust huge.

Off the top of my head I thought that Charles Rodgers was going to be a hell of a player.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
    Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

I think a lot of people thought charles rogers was gonna be a hell of a player. I'd have to say he is one of my biggest misses too.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
    Originally posted by BaLLiN72
    i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
    Originally posted by Job
    NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.

Comment

Agreed, I thought Rogers would be nothing short of "amazing."

I have to admit an even bigger miss though - I've always thought David Carr was just a good organization away from greatness, but after his last year with the Panthers I think I'm finally spent on that one. :P

Comment

back in the year they took benson, i really really really wanted the bears to take mike williams....

but now it looks like neither will work out so i guess its not all bad.

but i liked mike and i was wrong

Comment

sadly i was on the Ryan Leaf and Tim Couch bandwagons :(

also thought andre wadsworth was going to be a star
          Last edited by cdub11; 03-25-2008, 04:15 PM.

Comment

I admit I thought benson would be a stud. I liked Troy Williamson and Mike Williams. Thank god i was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by cdub11 View Post
              sadly i was on the Ryan Leaf and Tim Couch bandwagons :(

also thought andre wadsworth was going to be a star
              Wadsworth had major injuries, so it's hard to say what he could have been

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
              You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

Originally posted by ds8582 View Post
                I admit I thought benson would be a stud. I liked Troy Williamson and Mike Williams. Thank god i was wrong.
                i didn't know that anyone liked him.......he seems like the same player he was in college, just speed to burn

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Originally posted by dRaFtDoRk
                You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.

Comment

I was hitting myself for the jaguars not taking Brady Quinn (at the time we didn't really have a starting QB)....but now looking back I'm glad we didn't because Leftwich probably would not have been released, David Garrard would have probably never have started and we would probably never have gone to the second round of the playoffs...

also....I thought Udeze was going to be a great end....didn't really turn out that way...

Comment

Well, other than all the obvious ones, I really liked Reggie McNeal a few years back...

BoneKrusher

Comment

I hated that Oakland drafted Thomas Howard. Woops.

Comment

I was one of the people that wanted Kellen Winslow over Sean Taylor.

I wouldn't call it a miss, because both panned out to be the tops in their respective positions, but I'm still glad we drafted ST.

EDIT: Also, if we took K2 in the first, that means no Cooley in the 3rd. And Cooley is the man.

Comment

Originally posted by ds8582 View Post
                          Yeah I bit on those guys too

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
                          Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting

Comment

i predicted that Tim Couch would win a Super Bowl

Comment

Have to say Gallery

Size, speed, and all the measurables. Never expected a bust on the OL. So glad the Giants traded up for Eli in 04.
                              Eli rules!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information