Darren McFadden = Lawrence Phillips?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darren McFadden = Lawrence Phillips?

I've come out as a pretty big supporter of McFadden, so this isn't mean as an insult, but I was playing around on youtube today and watched some old Lawrence Phillips film. The comparisons are pretty stark to me, even in terms of build and scheme. The running style is very similar, find a whole and run straight downhill.

Of course the difference is that McFadden's character concerns consist of some tatoos and a bar fight, where as Phillips hit women and was a total thug.

Curious if other people see the comparison. I had always thought of McFadden as a poor man's Bo Jackson, but Phillips actually makes more sense now.

Here's some footage of Phillips for you kiddies out there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYAjHA6HalM

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Wow, that is a real noticable comparison.
    both are tall
    run tall
    real elusive, good straightline speed.
    Lets hope d-mac doesnt get in trouble
    On August 21, 2005, Phillips was arrested for assault after allegedly driving a car into three teenagers, following a dispute with the teens during a pick-up football game in Los Angeles, California.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

I think Phillips could actually run between the tackles more so than D-mac. but many similiarities
      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by neko4 View Post
        Wow, that is a real noticable comparison.
        both are tall
        run tall
        real elusive, good straightline speed.
        Lets hope d-mac doesnt get in trouble
        It's almost comical what a screw-up he was. Ya know, if it wasn't for all those battered women.

Comment

apparently he might have to go to prison for 20 years.
          Sad and all, but he brought it upon himself. It seemed so many people tried to help him.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QESfiq4jpDY

I love how wrong Joe Theisman is about every single point in this video. I wonder if he's ever been right about anything.

Comment

It's been a long time since I've watched any Lawrence Phillips footage, I had forgotten what an awesome runner he was. Now that I think about it, he looks just like Willis McGahee did at Miami.

I think McFadden has a better top gear and isn't quite a shifty in the open field, but I will admit that once Phillips hit his stride it was hard not to see the comparison.

Comment

no never
                ahh and look at the other people they coulda got
                Jonathon Ogden
                Simeon Rice

Comment

I admit it, I laughed when I heard the background music

Comment

yea that name was dead to me until you brought it back up again, thanks alot

Comment

Lack of lower body as well for the comparison...aka Chicken Legs.

Comment

I heard Lawrence Phillips sold his national championship ring to a Vegas pawn shop for basically nothing and told the owner he needed to get out of town quick. He is a sad waste of talent. I remember people thought the Ravens should have taken him over Ogden. I am glad that did not happen.

Comment

i remember a few years back on another board i was at, a topic came up when it looked like phillips might have been selling his national championship ring on ebay. pretty funny...turns out it was actually him. dunno if it sold or not....

its sad how much of a screw up he was though

Comment

kinda see it, really only once he breaks one

re: the other aspects of his running, i'd say rashard mendenhall resembles a poor man's Phillips
                            Check out my blog and website:
                            www.4thand99.com

Comment

just wanted to add a pic comparison...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information