Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PF28's Offensive Positional Rankings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PF28's Offensive Positional Rankings

    Quarterbacks
    1. Brian Brohm, Louisville
    2. Joe Flacco, Delaware
    3. Matt Ryan, Boston College
    4. Andre Woodson, Kentucky
    5. Colt Brennan, Hawaii
    6. John David Booty, USC
    7. Josh Johnson, San Diego
    8. Chad Henne, Michigan
    9. Kevin O’Connell, San Diego State
    10. Sam Keller, Nebraska

    Running Backs
    1. Darren McFadden, Arkanas
    2. Rashard Mendenhall, Illinois
    3. Jonathan Stewart, Oregon
    4. Chris Johnson, East Carolina
    5. Ray Rice, Rutgers
    6. Felix Jones, Arkansas
    7. Matt Forte, Tulane
    8. Jamaal Charles, Texas
    9. Steve Slaton, West Virginia
    10. Kevin Smith, Central Florida

    Fullbacks
    1. Peyton Hillis, Arkansas
    2. Owen Schmitt, West Virginia
    3. Jacob Hester, LSU

    Wide Receivers
    1. Devin Thomas, Michigan State
    2. Malcolm Kelly, Oklahoma
    3. DeSean Jackson, California
    4. James Hardy, Indiana
    5. Limas Sweed, Texas
    6. Mario Manningham, Michigan
    7. Jerome Simpson, Coastal Carolina
    8. Earl Bennett, Vanderbilt
    9. Early Doucet, LSU
    10. Lavelle Hawkins, California

    Tight Ends
    1. Dustin Keller, Purdue
    2. John Carlson, Notre Dame
    3. Brad Cottam, Tennessee
    4. Martellus Bennett, Texas A&M
    5. Fred Davis, USC
    6. Craig Stevens, California
    7. Kellen Davis, Michigan State
    8. Martin Rucker, Missouri
    9. Jermichael Finley, Texas
    10. Jacob Tamme, Kentucky

    Offensive Line
    1. Jake Long, Michigan
    2. Chris Williams, Vanderbilt
    3. Branden Albert, Virginia
    4. Ryan Clady, Boise State
    5. Gosder Cherilus, Boston College
    6. Jeff Otah, Pittsburgh
    7. Chilo Rachal, USC
    8. Sam Baker, USC
    9. Carl Nicks, Nebraska
    10. Roy Schuening, Oregon State
    11. Oniel Cousins, UTEP
    12. Mike Pollak, Arizona State
    13. Tony Hills, Texas
    14. Duane Brown, Virginia Tech
    15. John Greco, Toledo
    Last edited by princefielder28; 03-29-2008, 02:18 PM.


    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

  • #2
    im not sure how to type the noise of joy i made when i read your QB rankings. ryan and henne are right where they deserves to be. +rep from me, fantastic!

    Comment


    • #3
      Overall great work. Need some explanation on your QB rankings though.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by 619 View Post
        Overall great work. Need some explanation on your QB rankings though.
        Brian Brohm is far and away the most polished and NFL ready QB of this draft. He may never be a Top 5 QB in the league but from day one he will provide stability for a team at the most important position.

        Joe Flacco has all the tools to work with to become a very good NFL QB. He's certainly not as polished as Brohm, and even Ryan, but he's got the size, arm strength, pocket presence, and mobility to be very successful. If he's given 2 or 3 years to sit and learn then he will be a very solid QB.

        Matt Ryan may be the most overhyped player in this draft. He's got good size and has good pocket presence, but his arm strength is average and he doesn't have the greatest mobility. He's certainly not one that can step in right away, but with some work he can become a dependable, slightly above average starter in the league.

        Andre Woodson has had an awfully rough off-season, but if you look at his body of work in the SEC, there is some optimism with him. His biggest flaw is his release, but with work that is correctible. Much like the past two QBs discussed he can be a starting QB in this league and if he can be just as effective with the fix in mechanics then he can be even better than Ryan.

        Colt Brennan has the "IT" factor out of any QB in this draft. He has good arm strength and make a variety of different throws. His weight was a problem coming into the off-season, but at the combine that was set aside. He needs to learn how to play from under center, but he has higher potential than alot of QBs this year and some work as a backup early may help him reach it.

        Hope I answered some of your questions
        Last edited by princefielder28; 03-30-2008, 10:53 AM.


        Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

        Comment


        • #5
          Good stuff. I love Chris Williams as the #2 offensive tackle, and a few other notable moves (Chad Henne).

          That said, I'm not sure I see Chris Johnson over Felix Jones. Jones was definitely the better runner in college, and his frame isn't maxed out like Johnson's.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
            Brian Brohm is far and away the most polished and NFL ready QB of this draft. He may never be a Top 5 QB in the league but from day one he will provide stability for a team at the most important position.

            Joe Flacco has all the tools to work with to become a very good NFL QB. He's certainly not as polished as Brohm, and even Ryan, but he's got the size, arm strength, pocket presence, and mobility to be very successful. If he's given 2 or 3 years to sit and learn then he will be a very solid QB.

            Matt Ryan may be the most overhyped player in this draft. He's got good size and has good pocket presence, but his arm strength is average and he doesn't have the greatest mobility. He's certainly not one that can step in right away, but with some work he can become a dependable, slightly above average starter in the league.

            Andre Woodson has had an awfully rough off-season, but if you look at his body of work in the SEC, there is some optimism with him. His biggest flaw is his release, but with work that is correctible. Much like the past two QBs discussed he can be a starting QB in this league and if he can be just as effective with the fix in mechanics then he can be even better than Ryan.

            Colt Brennan has the "IT" factor out of any QB in this draft. He has good arm strength and make a variety of different throws. His weight was a problem coming into the off-season, but at the combine that was set aside. He needs to learn how to play from under center, but he has higher potential than alot of QBs this year and some work as a backup early may help him reach it.

            Hope I answered some of your questions
            PF28 showing some balls here
            Love most all of the rankings

            I dont like D-Jack that much but great overall



            Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

            Comment


            • #7
              I love your QB rankings. I like Brohm the most of this class as well.

              Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

              Comment


              • #8
                Quarterbacks
                1. Brian Brohm, Louisville
                2. Joe Flacco, Delaware
                3. Matt Ryan, Boston College
                4. Andre Woodson, Kentucky
                5. Colt Brennan, Hawaii
                6. John David Booty, USC
                7. Josh Johnson, San Diego
                8. Chad Henne, Michigan
                9. Kevin O’Connell, San Diego State
                10. Sam Keller, Nebraska
                Explain this one . . . I may be a U-M fan, but Henne is not the 8th best QB.
                R.I.P. L.E.F.
                "I am the one who knocks!"

                Comment


                • #9
                  good Tight End Rankings

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                    Explain this one . . . I may be a U-M fan, but Henne is not the 8th best QB.
                    First of all, durability and mobility are big problems for me with him...he's not a great athlete so he's going to really have to learn to drop back and get rid of the football. He has had injuries problems in his career and that could pop its little head in the NFL. He doesn't have the most efficient arm angle either so that bothers me as well. The thing that stands out the most though is his eyeballing of receivers. From the snap, when he drops back, and finally releases the ball he always eyeballing the receiver he intends to go to instead of reading the defense and looking safeties off of the intended target. Now I know you're going to say, he did have high interception totals at Michigan and that never really seemed to be much of a problem. There weren't many skilled safeties to go through the Big Ten throughout his years so he was able to get away with that, but in the NFL it is going to be a problem. I think at best he is a life long backup. If he does get the chance to start he may show glimpses of promise, but he'll make mistakes due to his lack of, what I'll call "breaking down the defense." Very limited upside as well.


                    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I can understand your criticisms of Henne, but I'm VERY interested to hear why Brennan, Woodson, Booty, and Johnson are better than him.
                      I'm a state.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Michigan View Post
                        I can understand your criticisms of Henne, but I'm VERY interested to hear why Brennan, Woodson, Booty, and Johnson are better than him.
                        I already explained Woodson and Brennan earlier in this thread

                        John David Booty : He is defintely more athletic than Henne and I think he is more fundamentally sound as well. Booty isn't head and shoulders above Henne, but if he is put into a West Coast offense I think he could be a starter in this league. Much like Henne I see him as a life long backup, but he has more potential to start.

                        Josh Johnson : He is as athletically gifted as anyone in this draft and is the most athletic QB. Now, I know athletic QBs may not be the most successful when it comes to the NFL, he did have very impressive passing statistics at San Diego. He has a decent enough arm, and his potential, compared to where he currently stands, may be the highest of any QB in the draft. He has alot of tools to work with, but it'll take time and he's no doubt a long term project/solution than someone who will contribute within their first two years.
                        Last edited by princefielder28; 03-30-2008, 10:54 AM.


                        Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          A lot I agree with, and some I don't. Let's get started!

                          Good QB rankings but having Henne at #8 is beyond eye-opening. I think you're going overboard with this "stares down receivers thing". Henne is accurate, throws a nice deep ball, throws with velocity, he's a 4-year starter, he has nice pocket presence and mechanics, etc. Prototypical QB if you ask me. Josh Johnson is a little low for me but no big deal.

                          Good RB rankings too, but I'd mix them up a bit. I don't understand how you have McFadden first and Charles 8th....they're too similar to be that far apart. Tashard Choice is a stud and you're missing out by leaving him off. Only 3 FBs, but I agree with the rankings except I don't think Hester is truly a FB.

                          Really like the WR rankings. No glaring issue there, but I'm even lower on DJax than you are. Good TE rankings, but Keller 1st and Davis 5th is a bit confusing. I also think you're sleeping on Jermichael Finley because of his 40 time.

                          I like the idea of grouping the offensive line together. Your top 5 is perfect there and the rest is solid.

                          Great job overall, but where's the D?
                          Last edited by etk; 03-29-2008, 05:23 PM.

                          sig by BoneKrusher

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by etk View Post
                            A lot I agree with, and some I don't. Let's get started!

                            Good QB rankings but having Henne at #8 is beyond eye-opening. I think you're going overboard with this "stares down receivers thing". Henne is accurate, throws a nice deep ball, throws with velocity, he's a 4-year starter, he has nice pocket presence and mechanics, etc. Prototypical QB if you ask me. Josh Johnson is a little low for me but no big deal.

                            Good RB rankings too, but I'd mix them up a bit. I don't understand how you have McFadden first and Charles 8th....they're too similar to be that far apart. Tashard Choice is a stud and you're missing out by leaving him off. Only 3 FBs, but I agree with the rankings except I don't think Hester is truly a FB.

                            Really like the WR rankings. No glaring issue there, but I'm even lower on DJax than you are. Good TE rankings, but Keller 1st and Davis 5th is a bit confusing. I also think you're sleeping on Jermichael Finley because of his 40 time.

                            I like the idea of grouping the offensive line together. Your top 5 is perfect there and the rest is solid.

                            Great job overall, but where's the D?
                            Defense is coming tomorrow

                            bet on some suprises there too!
                            Last edited by princefielder28; 03-29-2008, 05:24 PM.


                            Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                              Defense is coming tomorrow
                              Cool....I forgot to erase the quote from my post....sorry about that.

                              sig by BoneKrusher

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information