Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chad Henne, 1st Round?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Chad Henne, 1st Round?

    Mike Mayock has had him as his #2 QB(until recently), and has said through out the post-season that he will slip into the 1st Round.

    Yesterday, Todd McShay said he spoke to teams at the Pro Day's he was at and he said many scouts wouldn't be suprised if Henne went in the teens (13-19 Overall). I am starting to think Henne is a 1st Round Pick, maybe not as high as McShay thinks but he seems to have grasped the second quarterback spot.

  • #2
    Originally posted by CARDIAC CAT 7 View Post
    Mike Mayock has had him as his #2 QB(until recently), and has said through out the post-season that he will slip into the 1st Round.

    Yesterday, Todd McShay said he spoke to teams at the Pro Day's he was at and he said many scouts wouldn't be suprised if Henne went in the teens (13-19 Overall). I am starting to think Henne is a 1st Round Pick, maybe not as high as McShay thinks but he seems to have grasped the second quarterback spot.
    If he is taken in round one and plays right away there will be many happy DBs in this league that will get the chance to tally up some INTs


    Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

    Comment


    • #3
      I doubt it. Mayock will drop him sooner or later.

      Sig by Fenikz

      I remember NFLDC
      don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
        If he is taken in round one and plays right away there will be many happy DBs in this league that will get the chance to tally up some INTs
        A) Henne shouldn't be the #2 QB. I say that as a Michigan fan that has watched him play for four years.
        B) Then again, Matt Ryan shouldn't be the #1
        C) Re: your post. Why's that? He's only cracked 10 INT once in his career, and that was his freshman year with 12. The wondrous Matt Ryan threw 19 in his best season.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
          A) Henne shouldn't be the #2 QB. I say that as a Michigan fan that has watched him play for four years.
          B) Then again, Matt Ryan shouldn't be the #1
          C) Re: your post. Why's that? He's only cracked 10 INT once in his career, and that was his freshman year with 12. The wondrous Matt Ryan threw 19 in his best season.
          He eyeballs his wide receivers...safeties will jump all over that and if he under throws a ball then it's the corner's


          Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

          Comment


          • #6
            I think the race for 2nd QB is still fairly tight. I still don't see a QB working into the teens, but I could potentially see one in the early 20's, with a team moving up. I'm not a fan of Henne at all, but the case for Henne going 2nd would go something along the lines of

            A) Better upside than Brohm. More pro projectable.

            B) Has faced better competition than Flacco, and thus considered more "ready".

            Personally, I'd take Flacco and Brohm over him.

            Comment


            • #7
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=xFIAoIPSKek

              Chad's only healthy game in this season.

              P.S You will also notice Mario Manningham a few times here. Notice all the "deep routes" he runs which attribute to his nasty ypc average. Because that's what everyone says he runs all day. Count the deep routes please

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=xFIAoIPSKek

                Chad's only healthy game in this season.

                P.S You will also notice Mario Manningham a few times here. Notice all the "deep routes" he runs which attribute to his nasty ypc average. Because that's what everyone says he runs all day. Count the deep routes please
                That just reminded me how much I like Mike Hart



                Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SNIPER26 View Post
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=xFIAoIPSKek

                  Chad's only healthy game in this season.

                  P.S You will also notice Mario Manningham a few times here. Notice all the "deep routes" he runs which attribute to his nasty ypc average. Because that's what everyone says he runs all day. Count the deep routes please
                  He will not be able to get away with half those throws in the NFL. He stares down his wide receivers every time. If Florida's safeties had any feel for the game they would know to watch his eyes because that's where it was going every time, but no they sat back and covered their zone and were a step behind on every throw


                  Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think that he could be takin in the first round but i think that if a team like Atl, or Bal could trade up into the first to make sure that they get him but I dont think that he is a first round talent

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Chad's got the look and the arm, but I think it would be a mistake to take him that high. Regardless, it wouldn't shock me to see either a team move up for a quarterback in the 20-32 range, or even for a team like Jacksonville to take their quarterback of the future.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                        He will not be able to get away with half those throws in the NFL. He stares down his wide receivers every time. If Florida's safeties had any feel for the game they would know to watch his eyes because that's where it was going every time, but no they sat back and covered their zone and were a step behind on every throw
                        I'd disagree with this somewhat. Especially on the deeper post routes, Henne usually does a very good job of looking off the safety. I can think of several good examples from last years games against Penn State and Minnesota, and in that Florida game he did a good job of looking guys off on the same deeper post routes. On the first TD to Manningham, it felt to me like he was looking at Mathews in the slot, got the safety to move a bit, and then came back to Manningham for the TD. That said, he does stare his target down at times, and even as a Michigan fan I certainly don't think he's a first rounder.
                        Last edited by ironman4579; 03-29-2008, 02:58 PM.



                        Originally posted by Jakey
                        WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

                        i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          This is the worse rated QB class I've ever seen.


                          Henne, Flacco, and especially Ryan are all getting raised stock based on the media rather than merit.


                          Brian Brohm should head this class and none of these other late risers deserve to be ranked over Woodson. Flacco shouldn't even be rated over Josh Johnson.


                          People harp on Woodson's release but Henne has a laundry list of question marks which Mr. Wright brilliantly laid out most of them

                          Injury plagued Senior Season
                          Inconsistent Accuracy
                          Struggles under Pressure (and needs time to throw)
                          Shaky Footwork
                          Sloppy Fundamentals
                          Holds on to the ball too long
                          Streaky and prone too mistakes
                          Will Stare down his targets

                          Not exactly the most terrific production for a guy who had a terrific supporting cast

                          Didnít complete 60% of his passes for his career

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by BBIB View Post
                            Didnít complete 60% of his passes for his career
                            Yeah, I know. He completed 60.3% instead.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                              Chad's got the look and the arm, but I think it would be a mistake to take him that high. Regardless, it wouldn't shock me to see either a team move up for a quarterback in the 20-32 range, or even for a team like Jacksonville to take their quarterback of the future.
                              If Henne is there when we pick in the second round I would want him....

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X

                              Debug Information