X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update from USC's pro-day

Keith Rivers just ran a 4.51
    Chauncey Washington just ran 4.35

Well, that's a nice time for Chauncey. Based on past translations, that puts him in the mid-4.4 range, but at that size, that's still nice.

Solid time for Rivers as well. A 4.6ish time was fine. Although everyone knew he was athletic, so if anything, more curious about his position drills.

Comment

IBTL?Citation?/Why not in Pro Day thread? It's not like USC is special or anything. If this was player-specific, maybe, but myeh.

Comment

4.35? lol. that's why you should never trust pro day times, no way is he that fast.

Comment

Yayy, another school gets its own pro day thread, at least this one was very informative

Rivers is already a stud to me, I dont think he could of improved his stock much more then it is and being there isnt alot of 4-3 olb's with a 1st rd grade his draft stock is going to stay where its at.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Well I saw it with my own two eyes. Chauncey certainly looked that fast. He probably slimmed down a lot though to run at this speed.

I really don't see what there is to be skeptical about. He ran it on a turf field. It was electronically timed. Legit.

USC actually used to do their 40 times on the track surrounding the field (Reggie Bush ran it on the track). If Chauncey had done it on the track, he could have run low 4.3s

Comment

he's not as fast as bush. i didn't see the pro day so i can't really dismiss it but it's kind of unbelievable mainly because he was never really that homerun threat.

Comment

Fast track much? Yeesh. Par for the course from Southern Cal, I suppose.

And I don't think anyone doubted that Washington has the talent from the neck down.
                Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

Chauncey running a 4.35 is such a gag; every scout is laughing at that time. I know I am, and I'm a Trojan for life.

Comment

Certainly didn't see Chauncey running that fast. Seems like that can only help his stock come draft time. We knew Rivers was fast.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. Jaylon Smith 2. Artie Burns 3. Landon Turner

Comment

Rotoworld had these blurbs from Mayock:

Fred Davis-TE- Player Apr. 2 - 6:43 pm et
                      USC TE Fred Davis ran a disappointing forty at the Trojans' Pro Day Wednesday, timing in the 4.7s.

NFL Network's Mike Mayock said Davis also struggled to finish his change-of-direction drills and did not appear fluid. Davis relied on his vertical skills during a breakout senior campaign, so the poor workout may send up a red flag. It was the first time Davis (knee) has worked out this offseason.

Keith Rivers-LB- Player Apr. 2 - 6:40 pm et
                      NFL Network's Mike Mayock reports USC LB Keith Rivers ran a 4.58 forty at his Pro Day Wednesday.

Mayock said Rivers "almost hit the ceiling" of the USC weight room with his 42" vertical. Rivers will likely be limited to the weak side in an NFL 4-3, but should be an impact player regardless. He's a certain first-round pick.

Sedrick Ellis-DL- Player Apr. 2 - 6:37 pm et
                      USC DT Sedrick Ellis ran a 5.01 forty at the Trojans' Pro Day, according to NFL Network's Mike Mayock.

Ellis' forty at the NFL Combine was 5.24, so this is remarkable improvement. He's shed about 10 lbs since February and now is just under 300. Ellis added 36 reps of 225 on the bench press. He posted a 30" vertical jump.
                      Not surprised on Davis, I was suspecting as much.

Mayock's biased for Rivers, so you wonder about objectivity, but I'll take him at his word. Rivers is legit, he just needs one team to draft him earlier rather than later.

Ellis' remarkably better 40 time only fuels the fire that Southern Cal has an incredibly fast track, and that any times should be adjusted.
                      Pugnacity, testosterone, truculence, and belligerence.

Comment

lawrence jackson?

Comment

Originally posted by Geo View Post
                          Rotoworld had these blurbs from Mayock:

Not surprised on Davis, I was suspecting as much.

Mayock's biased for Rivers, so you wonder about objectivity, but I'll take him at his word. Rivers is legit, he just needs one team to draft him earlier rather than later.

Ellis' remarkably better 40 time only fuels the fire that Southern Cal has an incredibly fast track, and that any times should be adjusted.
                          too bad all of them ran there 40's on the field turf on there practice field.....fast track?????

Comment

Originally posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
                            too bad all of them ran there 40's on the field turf on there practice field.....fast track?????
                            indoors on field turf is incredibly fast.
                            CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                            JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Originally posted by Zyro_1014 View Post
                              Considering that Terrell Thomas ran faster at the combine than he did on this track, I wouldn't jump to too many conclusions about how fast a track it is. Washington has kept a lot of great RB's riding the bench at USC and only injuries have kept us from realizing how good he might have been. I think he could be a great steal on day 2 of the draft if he can stay healthy.
                              When guys like Thomas and Davis run only average to mediocre 40 times, it is rather foolish to assume this track is faster than the one at the combine.
                              And proud of it!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information